• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of the Alliance expedition (LF Skilled map editors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok so i have no where else to turn to so I am here in hopes that you the reader will hear of my plight. I am a rather skilled writer with some 6 years of experience and while I am neither a native english speaker or a grammar nazi I pride myself on the fact that I have some rather imaginative ideas. As you can guess I LOVE WC3 and everything related to it (Sept post vanilla Wow...). Now I have made a rather long summary of a epic story/journey if you will that I would most desperately see implemented or made a WC3 custom campaign. I assure you, you will see that my idea is epic and I will post the story idea further bellow. I need skilled map editors to make this happen. Just that and nothing else. I dont need new models although they would be nice. I just need someone who has the ability to recreate what blizzard made when they created the missions. That is: create a map (obviously) create a dialogue when the map is loading, create cinematic cut scenes (lots and lots of those) and a few triggers as well as win/lose conditions. I hope I am not asking for too much and honestly I would make it myself was I not a med student with no life and time to speak off. I can not offer you money since I am from eastren Europe and I can only repay you by writing you a story, say 10k words per mission created. Now enough of my sopping about, here is my idea.

The story would take place after the events of the alliance expeditions successful mission. If I recall correctly they (Alleria, her husband and the army) entered a random portal to another world. The campaign would start with a cinematic where they enter the portal with a few dialogue lines between Alleria and her husband. The cinematic ends and the first mission begins. You play as a paladin (usual model and abilities) as you and your company are transported in a world occupied by the burning legion. Cut off from the rest of the army you and your second in command (a High elf priest ) must battle your way across the desolate landscape with your healthy soldiers/vanguard to reach the portal inside the burning legions base. Behind you are the wounded and the defeat conditions are that either your paladin dies or the second in command dies. You start with your troops on one end on a long but somewhat narrow map and you dont get extra troops (unless you liberate some prisoners, but this is considering that you will be able to implement side quests) Up on reaching and clearing out the BL base you will be victorious. The entire mission has a few cinematic cut scenes. It ends when you and your army are transported into a lush, natural and free world where you decide to stay and mend your wounded.

Now the second mission starts some 40 years in the future. The survivors had decided to stay on the planet, not daring to risk another portal planet jump and having made the mistake of destroying the portal behind them they are now essentially stuck. They made a city on the planet, which itself is divided into 3 districts. The human, high elven and dwarfish district respectively. In any case the mission starts with an elven mage (the second in command from the first mission) talking to a young paladin. He explains to him how the time on this planet flows oddly and slowly and he drifts into his memories of his dear old friend and the paladin's mentor. They see a grave (if a model for it exists, otherwise they look at the altar of kings) and they explain how the old paladin died of old age, leaving his apprentice to succeed him. The paladin and the mage leave the inner city where the city council is at to meet his two friends. A dwarf warrior and a elven ranger who tell him that the burning legion is back. The mage rushes off to warn everyone and mount a defense while he tasks the trio to flank the enemy base and destroy the portals from which they are bringing reinforcements. This is where the mission starts. The AL controls the city units and IF POSSIBLE (god please be it possible) for it to be a sane AI. That is that it has its peasants automatically repair damaged defenses and re build the destroyed ones as well as building new units. Details aside the mission is failed if the Burning Legion reaches the inner city. The hero/player can buy some upgrades for the defenses and can actively defend as well but the mission will only be one once the portals are destroyed. The heroes can die and be re spawned at a cost (he is constantly getting gold). They can not build units which they control but can recruit mercenaries (like arthas did to sink the ships). Anyway once they destroy the base they discover a bound red dragoness which transforms into a shape of a human sorceress (jaina's model) and she thanks them for freeing her, telling them that she is a daughter of alexstrasza and that the BL had used to her scan the life forms of planets in order to find their next target. She tells them that the current force was just a vanguard and that more are to come. After consulting with the council the HE mage stays to prepare the defenses while the dragoness uses her magic to open a portal to azeroth for her and the 3 heroes. Thus ends the second mission.

I have the rest planed out, but i wont reveal it here. I hope that I have gotten you attention with this. you can reach me at https://www.facebook.com/luka.grebovic

Level 2
A very interesting project! You have cool ideas, varied gameplay ideas and most of all. You have one hell of a script here!

But am I wrong assuming that's all you have at the moment? I am working on my own Camping right now, it has it's own universe, characters and all that. I had ideas like this but since nobody was interested in my project, I had to take it onto myself entireley. Short to say that those Ideas were thrown out relativeley quick. You can already guess why.

It might be a good idea but you need one hell of a crew to pull this off. I would offer my own assistance if my own project wouldn't give me so much of a strain. And for others... There is not much to get them interested. If you don't have screenshots or anything, then you'll probably have a hard time getting people to help you. Still, it is a cool project and i hope that there is someone who could help you out!

Level 1
A very interesting project! You have cool ideas, varied gameplay ideas and most of all. You have one hell of a script here!

But am I wrong assuming that's all you have at the moment? I am working on my own Camping right now, it has it's own universe, characters and all that. I had ideas like this but since nobody was interested in my project, I had to take it onto myself entireley. Short to say that those Ideas were thrown out relativeley quick. You can already guess why.

It might be a good idea but you need one hell of a crew to pull this off. I would offer my own assistance if my own project wouldn't give me so much of a strain. And for others... There is not much to get them interested. If you don't have screenshots or anything, then you'll probably have a hard time getting people to help you. Still, it is a cool project and i hope that there is someone who could help you out!
First of, sorry if you dont get a notice for this replay xD Im still trying to figure out this 90ies lay out for this site and how it works.

In any case no, this is just 1/3 of what I have in mind. But mind you this is far from a finished script, but some 80-90% is done already. I had trouble with shortening everything and yet leaving it long enough for the people to immerse themselves. In any case here is a short description of what would happen to the story after that (since I couldnt be bothered to put it all in one go)

3rd mission, the dragoness would teleport them into a world full of portals and they have approach every portal so she can scan them until they find the correct one leading to azeroth.

4th mission is them on azeroth in the current time line, they are shocked and disapointed. The HE slaps Lorthremar for joining the horde and has to run away, the dwarf cant get help from the council because they are devided and the human is in despair because lorderon has fallen and he cant wait for Varian to authorize help. In the end they get help from the night elves and dragons

5th mission is them leading their new army back to support their city, trying to flank and destroy a lot of the BL army before they reach the city

6th mission is the final countdown, they have to defend the city for 30 mins and then push back and destroy the BL bases. After the victory the survivors, the original ones, dragons and NE decide to stay here and make a future for themselves.

Ofc it is much longer but thats the short version.

Level 2
Again, a very good idea!
I seriously think that this project could become big.
But again, this project would need the best mapmakers
in the buisness.
And beside a short version of a script...
you don't have much to show here. And by the best in the
buisness, I mean people who can make AI-s and some sick
triggerwork. And I'm sorry to say that those elite mapmakers
are mostly working on their own projects.

Nevertheless, if you do manage do get some part 1 out I
would really like to see what became of this Script.

Level 1
I agree... and those mapmakers would most likely cost $... huge amount of $
Oh I assure you I have a much larger version of the script but if I posted it here I doubt many would bother reading all of it... at best it would be fanfiction :/
Those people I do need... but I cant find them anywhere, not here, not on modbm, not at any warcraft 3 related site :/ so unless I have $ to offer or time to learn to edit myself I doubt I would be able to make this thing a reality. On top of that those same elite mapmakers who make their own map in 99.9% of the cases have their own story and dont need a story or script writer.

And dont worry if I ever find people to work on this, Ill be posting it here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.