• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heart of the Blackest Night Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13

ri0h.png

If you’re looking for work that will challenge and inspire you,
a job that will offer tremendous personal and professional growth,
then the "Heart of the Night Team" is the right place for you!

- stolen from Blizzards recruitment page

Since September 2012, the core team members are very active and passionated working on this project.

NamePositionStatus
bhustaLeader/Terrainer/Co-Coderactive
CriggesCo-Leader/Coderactive
NazeTerrainerinactive
jopiWriter/Terraineractive
J.PuNkDCoderinactive

Coderopen positions
2D Artistno free position
Writerno free position
Terrainer no free position

[td]
triggersandscriptsforum.gif
[/td][td] Coder top [/td]
What will be your tasks?

You work on the general content creation as spells, items, heroes whereby
basic tasks will be given and directed by Crigges who will introdruce you to the
systems he made and to WurstScript if you do not know it already.
System creation is not your job in the first place.

What are your requirements?

general knowledge of the Trigger Editor
basic knowledge of Jass
optional knowledge of WurstScript

What we will give you?

First of all the opportunity to be a part in a nice and open-minded team.
The most interesting part for you might be the introduction to WurstScript
And at least, don't forget the recognition and experience you will get from the community.

[td]
manipulation.gif
[/td][td] 2D Artist top [/td]
What will be your tasks?

The 2D Art Position is one of the more independend ones and can be hold by a any number of
persons. Your tasks will vary on one hand to the kind of work you want to contribute and
on the other hand to the work is needed for the project to continue the working process in
general. Contributions for example could be:

Logo (header logo, 128x128 Version of the Logo, etc)
Signatures
Loadingscreen
other web elements like titles or borders
Concept arts for buildings or regions
a drawn mini-map
Optional tasks will be re-working skins already in use like doodad skins.

knowledge of using an image processing programm as gimp or photoshop
optional knowledge of editing warcraft 3 material

What we will give you?

All in all you get the recognition of the community like the other positions
Additionally, you can use this project for your portfolio

[td]
reinventingthecraft01.gif
[/td][td] Writer top [/td]
What will be your tasks?

Your task will be bringing kind of sense into the happenings by writing a general
background story, hero and items lores and optional improving the texts made by
the other members of the project (grammar nazi).

good english skills
creative writing skills
having fun by creating stories

What we will give you?

[td]
terrianforum.gif
[/td][td] Terrainer top [/td]
What will be your tasks?

Due to this project being about a multiplayer map, we are aiming to import as less
resources as possible for creating our own unique style. Your task will be creating new
constructs with multiple existing doodads, optimising contructs or regions and using
existing constructs to complete the terrain.

experience in terraining
being able to adapt to a specific style

What we will give you?

How do you apply?

Introduce yourselve why you want to participate in this project and the specific role you want to cover.
This can happen by writing in this thread or sending me or Crigges a pm.
You can also join the inWarcraft chat to contact us.

Disclaimer - Some positions have optional knowledge pointed out
which is nothing you need to have for the particular position because it is something you
learn by doing or it would be a good extra feature.
Agreement - By applying for this project you agree to not distribute
any project related content without the permission of the leading members. Breaking this
rule will lead to an immediate ban from the project group.

-- Official Project Page --

Last edited:
Level 8
Impossible.

You haven't seen the language yet, but you assume it's impossible. So, you can't argue about about it properly?
I must admit that vjass really is strong, but "wurst"(this is how it is called) is at least as strong as vJass. Personally, I like wurst better then vJass, and also the fact that there is a Wurst plugin available for eclispe makes Wurst for me to the better language.
It was just an aggressive advertising, so please do not debate about which language is better.

Level 16
I don't have to see anything to know that it's impossible to write anything that's faster than JASS. You'd have to mod the game itself, but I doubt that your goal is to make the map incompatible with B.net and all the other "popular" WC3 services. Not to mention that vJASS is converted to JASS, so it's as fast as JASS itself.

So it's nothing more than a big lie to try to get people join - or a wrong belief that an inappropriate assumption gave life.

EDIT:

It was just an aggressive advertising, so please do not debate about which language is better.

Fine, if you remove it from the post (or change the wording) - I hate it when people try to mislead others.

Level 13
I won't remove anything for now. And I don't want to start a debate about a language that isn't released yet. A better performance doesn't have to mean that it is much faster. Some aspects of the vJass for example are compensated by smarter contructs. One of the big benefits is that you don't need hashtables anymore to have MUI triggers. Also there is an optimizer which is interesting:

Optimizer

The Wurstcompiler has a build-in scriptoptimizer which will, when enabled, optimize the Jass code in various ways. Jass optimization got very important to provide playable framerates when using very enhanced and complex systems. On the one hand the optimizer cleans the code, making it smaller in size and removing useless stuff in order to reduce RAM-usage. On the other hand it also has some optimizations to increase the speed of execution and performance of the code.

I can send you a link to the beta manual if you want more prove.
It is not a lie and I hope you don't feel insulted by my team mate.

Level 16
You can optimize the JASS code, but it's still going to be JASS, thus my statement remains true: you can't write anything faster than JASS. All you have is some fancy combination of a compiler and optimizer.

Oh, and I don't need hashtables to write MUI spells now either :)

I don't feel instulted, why would I? I think you are the one who might feel so as I'm speaking like a jerk right now, for some reason.

Level 23
You can optimize the JASS code, but it's still going to be JASS, thus my statement remains true: you can't write anything faster than JASS. All you have is some fancy combination of a compiler and optimizer.

Oh, and I don't need hashtables to write MUI spells now either :)

I don't feel instulted, why would I? I think you are the one who might feel so as I'm speaking like a jerk right now, for some reason.

It's fine.
They actually don't know the mechanics behind WurstScript, but how could they?
The code WurstScript generates is probably even slower than vjass in some aspects, because of more features that require it.

The real speed advantage is the built-in inliner which inlines every inlineable function and therefore eliminates most calls. (And not only 1-liners like vjass)

Level 13
bump

We still need additional programmers / coders for completing and solving some logical gaps or extending existing systems. It is still written in wurstscript, so you have to be open minded for the next generation of warcraft 3 modding ;)

Also we have a great number of very importand 2D elements which need to be done. So if a photoshop magician wants to join us - you are welcome to join Crigges, Naze and me.

Level 4
I would love to write for your project. As far as I understood it (and correct me if I'm wrong) you want the writer to craft a background story and lore surrounding the main plot. I have a long experience in general creative writing and world-building. If you would like me to write you something, anything really, to review my skill, that would be alright with me.

Cheerios!

Level 13
Hi medelsvensson,
thank you for your interest.
I am currently incorporating jopi into the work-flow.
He recently applied as writer and terrainer.
Depending on the situation and the outcome I will come back to you.

I'll at some kind of table where one can see what is going on.

@all: We are still in need of additional coders!

Level 4
If you ever need a back-up writer I can fill the role perfectly. P.M me if you are interested. Unfortunately I cannot fill any of the other roles, but the map is very promising and exciting to wait for.

Status
Not open for further replies.