• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUILD ARENA II: Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
PROJECTRECRUITMENT.jpg

DARKWING.png

Yo, I'm Darkwing and I have been a map maker for over 5 years now. I'm opening sign up positions for my Guild Arena (further noted as GA) project. This is a sequel my previous project GA: the BattleChasers and it follows up where the story of the first sequel endend. The name of new GA will be the Broken Pact, (though I may still reconsider this untill the official release).
If you are familiar with Guild Arena then you already know about it's unique compound of creativness and design surpassing the title of "just some map/arena", rather an independent game. If you are not familiar with GA, I suggest watching our video and downloading the game and playing it to see what am I talking about:

:fp: Map on Hive. (click on the image)

- PROJECT -

If you've followed the the course of the first GA you know that of july this year I've stopped doing the project due to some obligations. That's when the the whole project started going downwards. I've lost all data about the project when my hard drive died (I have some fragments of older version), and then I had my own accident and was unable to do anything due the hospitalization. I've now started doing Jass and am doing all things from the scratch rather than continuing the work previous work. All the coding will be taken to the next level, as will be design of the gameplay, heroes, interface, our web communities and stuff like that. For these reasons i need YOU exactly. YOU a wanderer of this Utopia, in search for his own Guild ready to take the Guild Arena franchise to the next level.

By joining the project you get:
-A place in the original GA Team with all it's privilegies
-An access to GA resources
-All praises and everything that goes as GA project advances
-A place to test your skill and show your potential

Current GA Team(7 memebers):

-Darkwing (Guildmaster, owner/creater/triggerer/scripter/artist...)
Web Team:
-El_Carretero (technical support, web and image)
Creative Team:
-Mile Rizik (advanced from tester to General Modelar)
-Druu (lead terrainer and trigger/script assistance)
Testers/Idea Factory:
-Friend of Dark
-Zipatebrex
-Sasukic90

Opened Sign Up Positions:

Web Team:
-Web Designer/Admin (to help us organizing GA community and site)

Creative Team:
-General Modelar 2 (modelar whose specialities are units/building/doodads/destructs)
-SFX Modelar (modelar whose specialties are special effects)
-Jass Scripter: Systems (specialized system creator, to help with in game systems such is hero selection, game modes, etc)

Artist Team:
-Lead Terrainer X (position taken by: Druu)
-Image Support (with sufficient skill in Photoshop to do all image based work around GA)

:fp: Optional places will be considered as the project takes it's shape which includes recruiting help for other positions and recruiting and organizing testers.

SignUpWeb.jpg

HOW TO SIGN UP?

1. Answer the sign up questions (with A1 for Q1 example), and post them here.
2. Your application will be reviewed and we will get back to you in no later than 2 days after your submission.

About Project:
Q1- Your sign up position(chose one)?
Q2- Your skills and orientation? (submit a resource or two of your work for a review)
Q3- Your experience in signed up position (in years months or so).
Q4- Which tools/programs are you using? (dependent on position)
Q5- Why are you joining the project?
Q6- What is your current view of Guild Arena Project?

About yourself:
Q7- Your age.
Q8- Your gender.
Q9- Your country.
Q10- A short general description of yourself, what's your occupations?
Q11- When can we count on you, when you are available?
Q12- What sort of communication do you prefer, (pm's, skype, mails, fb, tw)?

Last edited:
Level 6
Q1- Your sign up position?
A1 - Gui Triggerer, terraining and gameplay ideas
Q2- Your skills and orientation?
A2 - I've done some work in here, you can see my Classic Heroes Arena in the map area of this site. It has some great ideas in it and I'd be interested to talk with you about them.
A3 - I've been mapping since Starcraft 1, I moved on to Warcraft III a while ago, don't remember exactly when.
A4 - Map Editor, War3 Viewer, Gimp
A5 - Cuz I really liked the look of the first map.
A6 - I'm really expecting a lot of from heroes, this time I want to help you test out some spells.

Q7- Your age.
A7 - 23
Q8- Your gender.
A8 - Male
Q9- Your country.
A9 - Canada, Quebec (French Canadian)
A10 - I'm a League of Legend and Guild Wars gamer, I go to school where I do programmation.
A11 - I'll be available most of the time, specially during the week-ends
Q12- What sort of communication do you prefer, (pm's, mails, fb, tw)?
A12 - Pm's great, Facebook's awesome.

Level 6
:fp: DRUU

Yo Druu long time no see, I remember you Classic Hero Arena it was a rather interesting map hehehehe! :thumbs_up:
I'm not quite sure which position are you signing up? Choose one and then we'll make a review of your application.
Don't misunderstand me but for the upcoming GA II, we need a quite pro terrainer who'll transfer my ideas into jawdrop enviroment, do you think you are up to that task?
How come you're not doing Jass if you are going into school for programming?

:fp: .VTZ

Yo man, well once the team is up and running we'll open some kind of GA: Creative Forum for player ideas, and then we'll review them, vote and hopefully get your ideas in the GA.
As for the Rook model, I saw that it's a nice model, but Mile Rizik is bulking up the Rook for the Guild Arena especialy with custom animations.
He advanced from a tester into General Modelar, however we are keeping our new models a secret I wan't to surprise you with some really AWESOME models.

Level 6
It's my first session right now, I'm learning the basics, and with the basics I currently have I'm still having difficulties with Jass, I read one Jass script to check it out. I think I understand how they work, but I'm not used to the language and the words used.

I can be an idea factory and I can give you some great ideas for the sequel.

I'd like to have an idea of what your terrain should look like, which dimensions do you want it so I can start a draft of it.

Do you want to keep it light vs dark side like the first one?
Do you want that dragon lair ?
Need any special or specific area ?

Last edited:
Level 6
Q1- Your sign up position?
A1 - Gui Triggerer, terraining and gameplay ideas
Q2- Your skills and orientation?
A2 - I've done some work in here, you can see my Classic Heroes Arena in the map area of this site. It has some great ideas in it and I'd be interested to talk with you about them.
A3 - I've been mapping since Starcraft 1, I moved on to Warcraft III a while ago, don't remember exactly when.
A4 - Map Editor, War3 Viewer, Gimp
A5 - Cuz I really liked the look of the first map.
A6 - I'm really expecting a lot of from heroes, this time I want to help you test out some spells.

Q7- Your age.
A7 - 23
Q8- Your gender.
A8 - Male
Q9- Your country.
A9 - Canada, Quebec (French Canadian)
A10 - I'm a League of Legend and Guild Wars gamer, I go to school where I do programmation.
A11 - I'll be available most of the time, specially during the week-ends
Q12- What sort of communication do you prefer, (pm's, mails, fb, tw)?
A12 - Pm's great, Facebook's awesome.

Application - ACCEPTED
Position taken: Lead Terrainer
Reviewer's comment:
OK, Druu... WELCOME aboard, you're now official a member of Guild Arena Team. :thumbs_up: I'll be PMing you with the further instructions.

Level 7
Q1 - Your sign up position?
A1 - can i do the ideas? otherwise, i'm still good in triggers (really good in GUI, a bit in JASS). And i don't know about this, but maybe i can only help with the web.

Q2 - Your skills and orientation?
A2 - see all of my ideas here. Playgoa (Inactive Forum). here's the best: Arctic Wizard, Nether Guardian/Destroyer, Time Mage, Voodoo Puppeteer. note: my nick is overcold_ice there.

Q3 - Your experience in signed up position (in years months or so).
A3 - maybe 1 year, since i'm in playdota.

Q4 - Which tools/programs are you using? (dependent on position)
A4 - my mind, and other things that give me inspirations.

Q5 - Why are you joining the project?
A5 - really love this map's concept ^_^

Q6 - What is your current view of Guild Arena Project?
A6 - really good, even with some imbalances.

Q7 - Your age.
A7 - 14.

Q8 - Your gender.
A8 - male.

Q9 - Your country.
A9 - indonesia.

Q10 - A short general description of yourself, what's your occupations?
A10 - a student at junior high school, hon and dota gamer.

Q11 - When can we count on you, when you are available?
A11 - almost everyday at 3 - 5 pm here, and maybe 7 - 8 pm. the most is on weekends.

Q12 - What sort of communication do you prefer, (pm's, mails, fb, tw)?
A12 - pm, fb, no other i think. don't mail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.