• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

all around recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hive Members,

I started a Thread in the map-development section and noticed that it's not the best Idea to post in that section when I've like nothing done jet^^

So now it's your turn:
If anyone is interested helping me with a nice multiplayer strategy-siege project please tell me in this or in my other Thread (Link will be at lower end of this post^^)

I'm searching for someone who can Model mainly for Walls, Towers and some smaller WC3 model changes;
Someone who likes to wirte a nice more or less epic war story;
a interested terrainer who can design a decent terrain for Siege propurse;
ALPHA/BETA - testers as soon as the map is that far;
I could need someone to make all the units, researches, buildings, in object-editor too but this will have some time^^;
and in Addition skinners and icon-makers are welcome (but this has to wait too^^);
an additional triggerer who is familar with systems or/and spells;
and Ideas are always welcome

Basicaly the map should become a 4-8 Player Siege map where every player has to conquer his own (destructable) castle.
Then build up an irresistable army of levelable Unit Troops and Heroes as well as war machines and destroy your enemies castles to achieve Victory.
Until now I thought there should be following races: standard WC3 races (human; orcs; undead; nightelves) in addition there should be at least demons and high elves and maybe naga and some elses (here your ideas could help a lot^^)

Here's the link to the map development Thread where I'll post screenies, actual Team Members, and where I'll upload the map.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/new-siege-experience-165610/

Hope I got you interested and BTW if anyone got an Idea how I can make this thread more interesting you're welcome to tell me^^

Last edited:
Level 9
I wanna be a alpha/beta tester if it ever gets done :3 And i'll have some ideas once a few things get created.

*Table is at other thread*

Last edited:
Level 2
I love terraining, so I could help with that, and if you give me a basis I could also help with the story, and of course I could provide ideas and beta test, if you don't get enough requests for help with that already

just got one question, what are you, the mapmaker, going to do then? XD you listed pretty much everything, or are you planning to do a little bit of everything

and yes, I realize this is my first post, but I've been lurking on, erm, certain projects for awhile now :grin:

edit: I know your basic triggering, but nothing about JASS. just throwing it out there.

Level 11
Grantuu. I dont want to create the thing i was suposed to create because its really really hard for me. Also i have a thread where i take spell requests. So... I'm pretty busy sometimes. Well. As fast as all spells in the queue list there are done i will start working almost 100% here. Making epicness spells and stuffs like that xD

Level 6
ah OK then I'll try to make that system on my own.

hm... I have to think now what I got for you now^^

you maybe could do the 'Levelable troops'
it should do following:

-add exp to Units near a killed Enemy depending on it's level
-Level them Up when they reached specific exp Level (for Example 10xp lvl 2) would be nice if this Value is customiseable
-possibility to add ablities to Units upon leveling via Trigger

I don't think this one will be much easier as the other one^^

If you got any question or Idea tell me please

Level 6
^^ I can remember pretty well^^

BTW I would like to know what you gonna say if you get known with Trggerers like:

-The_Reborn_Devil
-Archian
-HappyTauren
-Paladon
-Pharaoh_
or
-Anachron

XD those are the real masters of triggering^^

Please PM me if I left someone out and sorry 'cause I only named few

Level 11
HAHA those guys are nothing for NFWar. He's just freaking sickness awesome. Not only that he's good in triggering. He's also probably THW´s best Icon maker and he is also one of the most kindest people i know over the internet. I mean, he IS the kindest one i know over the internet.

I have never met anyone like him over the internet that is so helpfull, thankfull and greatfull etc.
You should really get known with him. He's just the perfect friend for a normal kid like me.

Level 11
Yari you dont know what i mean't... You may not be like them in triggering but i really doubt that they're as kind like you. You're really helpful and kind to everyone that i know over the internet that have been talking with you.
I've talked with like 5 ppls about you and they have ALL said "NFWar is just the best" and "NFWar is epic!!" and stuffs like that.
You may not like it but that's just the truth. Accept it.

Level 4
I passed by, for the moment I am busy between H&E and most of all : exam !

So about the exp system, perhaps the best way would be to use a "player exp" where when his units kill then he gains "experience".
Then using a unit the player can give bonus and abilities to his units, or to a group of units since you want to use whole "force" of units.

I propose that system because a sharing exp with units is possible but it would cost too much CPU, already if you use 100 units with 8 players it's 800 units... Unfortunately our computer wouldn't hand it.

Or use the H&E veteran system which give experience to units (with the custom value) and give them a damage bonus ability when they've killed enough.

Well anyway if you need my help I can either do some object editor work, triggers mainly system (no spells if possible...) or optimization (I do JASS).

If you want to have a look at my abilities I recommand you to look at the map I'm working on : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/heroes-empires-rising-1-6d-154442/

Good luck with you project !

Level 6
OK at first I say "you're in" ^^

now to the system:

- I guess I got what you mean nut I think tjordell will find a nice way to do it else I or if you want you can review and optimise it.

- all in all there aren't many Units requiering to save exp value for it needs only to be the commanders of the Troops wich will be hm... lets say 20-30 per player so maximum would be (12 * 30 = 360) still quite much but I think this can be lowered.

- the basic Idea was similar to your described "H&E veteran system" so I think it shouldn't cost too much CPU

I general I think I first have to see the system done and then maybe improve it.

I've not played your map yet 'cause I'm not playing atm in general^^ but I'll test now and have a look at that exp-system

So and now finally good luck with Heroes&Empires Rising and your exam

Level 18
Did you just say you need and animator????

i could do animation, im specialized in stand(or stand ready) animations,

i could do attack animations, (not epic though), may i join in??

I could only do MPI spells.... about unit experience....

How about you could use err... OH killing bounties?

Like this

Private(a unit name!) killed 25 units, then you replace it by another unit with a higher class like Private>>Sergeant?>>(Suit your self with the name!) via trigger!

i'm sure tjordell could do that xD and make it Leakless yet MUI

Level 6
so first of all sure you can join in welcome^^

I'll let you know if there's some spells / animations to do for you^^

about the Idea with the ranks I guess tjordell will make a nice system I know him and he's skilled.
But I think there shouldn't be units replaced when leveling up but just gaining some new abilities

Level 6
Level 11
Okay

EDIT: But first i need to have the whole map because i want to create an epic one. I will implement some other neccessary systems for the map. I do need some researching of the map also. So could you please send me the map to this Mail : [email protected] OR you can pastebin it and PM me the pastebin link to download. This is to avoid letting other peoples than the workers of the map get handle of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.