Don't worry I'm still around, I do check my pm's once per week I just sometimes forget to look on here!
I planned to work more on the project in the summer.
You'll notice in the past that is when I released most of my maps.
The problem is getting back into the swing of things, since I've forgotten a lot.
Just a few things to address:
- I'm really glad that an administrator has shown real interest in the project, and I'm more than happy that you've started thinking about putting your own ideas into the campaign.
- I was intending to still do this NE campaign myself eventually, I'd be more than happy to let you to. But please only start it if you hope to the whole thing eventually, it'd be a shame if you only did some of it!
- Of course I'd be even happier if you took up one of the frozen throne campaigns, since nobody has claimed they would do these and it'd be great to have the whole set!
A few things related to the topic of the thread too:
- Making upgrades carry on between the levels does seem an interesting idea, you could even add some more, and some decisions between upgrades as McQva said
- But he's right that it would make the save/load code even longer, and I've had complaints that it is too long already!
- I agree with Deolrin that if I made the campaign, I'd like to keep it as close to the original as possible. But if you had the option to have it on/off then I suppose that would be fine too. But then things get quite complicated in terms of balance!
- I'm quite quite good with the AI now too, I think I can almost send them commands using triggers (like when to send attack waves and things)
- As for the spells, I do agree tyrande is quite a boring hero to play, and I really wouldn't want the new hero to really overshadow her. But some of her spells- like her owl, are important to some of the levels. So perhaps adjust the spell so that it has an additional effect?