[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Hosted Projects > The 2 Player Campaign > Project Infomation

Project Infomation Find out more about the project including release dates, future plans and screenshots.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
I never actually asked, no ._.'
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User TheSpoon
Infinite Mana Cheat

TheSpoon is a jewel in the rough (189)TheSpoon is a jewel in the rough (189)
Hosted Project of the Year — 2011: 2 Player Campaign 
Don't worry I'm still around, I do check my pm's once per week I just sometimes forget to look on here!
I planned to work more on the project in the summer.
You'll notice in the past that is when I released most of my maps.
The problem is getting back into the swing of things, since I've forgotten a lot.

Just a few things to address:
- I'm really glad that an administrator has shown real interest in the project, and I'm more than happy that you've started thinking about putting your own ideas into the campaign.
- I was intending to still do this NE campaign myself eventually, I'd be more than happy to let you to. But please only start it if you hope to the whole thing eventually, it'd be a shame if you only did some of it!
- Of course I'd be even happier if you took up one of the frozen throne campaigns, since nobody has claimed they would do these and it'd be great to have the whole set!

A few things related to the topic of the thread too:
- Making upgrades carry on between the levels does seem an interesting idea, you could even add some more, and some decisions between upgrades as McQva said
- But he's right that it would make the save/load code even longer, and I've had complaints that it is too long already!
- I agree with Deolrin that if I made the campaign, I'd like to keep it as close to the original as possible. But if you had the option to have it on/off then I suppose that would be fine too. But then things get quite complicated in terms of balance!
- I'm quite quite good with the AI now too, I think I can almost send them commands using triggers (like when to send attack waves and things)
- As for the spells, I do agree tyrande is quite a boring hero to play, and I really wouldn't want the new hero to really overshadow her. But some of her spells- like her owl, are important to some of the levels. So perhaps adjust the spell so that it has an additional effect?
The Invasion of Kalimdor - In Progress
Eternity's End - Unstarted
[Void Arena] - [Horrible Map] - [CLICK HERE TO VOTE, IMPORTANT!] - [Short Circuit] - [TRON]
Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
the Homophobic titan

Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)Rui has a brilliant future (1442)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Thanks =) I shall wait until the Summer then. I find myself working on my own map more than this. Frankly, I only deleted many of Blizzard's triggers, started writing a few lines for the starting script, coded one of Shandris's spells, cleaned up the players list (Blizzard loves using lots of them), and then I haven't really done much more.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User Mythic
Let Me Hold You

Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)Mythic has a brilliant future (1702)
Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. 
by the way, for the owl scout, you could make it last longer but take some of its sight away
Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User Jumbo
User

Jumbo has little to show at this moment (9)
You know that Rui is now banned. This means that The Spoon should take the campaign up.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User don_svetlio
Underdog

don_svetlio is a jewel in the rough (247)don_svetlio is a jewel in the rough (247)don_svetlio is a jewel in the rough (247)don_svetlio is a jewel in the rough (247)
Who's Rui and why is he banned ?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User McQvaBlood
Grand Minimus

McQvaBlood is on a distinguished road (75)McQvaBlood is on a distinguished road (75)
Hosted Project of the Year — 2011: 2 Player Campaign 
Well, to me it was never in question that Spoon should take up the campaign.
If he wants to and he already announced he intends to, then he definitely should do this one as well.

I certainly hope he will, after completing my own night elf campaign I couldn't stomach going back and doing yet another seven night elf chapters. :D (By the way, yes, chapter eight is pretty much complete, all that remains are some minor difficulty adjustments for insane mode that I hope to get done over the next few days.)
It's strange how you kind of get tired of converting maps to 2 player for the same race over and over again. I'm already looking forward to converting human chapters.

@TheSpoon: Tell me about long save codes, if you have more than two heroes there's no way you can squeeze all their inventories into just one code. You got it lucky with the RoC campaign, you never have to save more than two heroes ever. At least the undead expansion campaign will only need one code each for the two story branches.