• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync / Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all, thank you for the great and hard work on the campaigns, really loving it <3 ;)
Since not all maps are completed, I was trying to make some maps for me and a friend, like the night elf ROC level 2 or 3.
After extracting the map itself from the war3.mpq, I simply added a random hero for my friend where my hero is (talking about night elf ROC second level, it is only escape). And it seems simple enough, nothing bit need changing as it just a run and hide map. For the most part. But we keep getting disconnected. I notice it happens when ever a unit is talking, like the doom guard patroling the area or the archers we find in the woods.
Same goes for the third level. A group of dryads appear, and as they start to talk, we get disconnected.
Tried it on few other campaigns just for testing, and always happens.
The only way around I found is to remove those triggers entirely, as I couldn't spot the cause of the desync.
Any help regarding that is appreciated ;)
Regards.

Level 1
Nevermind I found the problem, and here is the solution.
If you are using the GUI Triggers, look for an action like this:
Camera - Pan camera as necessary
And replace it with the option that is 2 places above. Goes like this.
Pan camera for
If you are using jass, look for the following command
SmartCameraPanBJ
And replace it with
PanCameraToTimedLocForPlayer

Cheers and good luck to any one working on anything.

Level 1
I guess I missed that topic, I didn't know what I was looking for until I narrowed the problems down. Thank you for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.