• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- Bug Report -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only played the game for about an hour, but here's what I've got to say:

The tables inside of the room you start in have terriblly blurry wrap! Check out my tables, they use in-game textures and have a tiny file size but look good. I'm not trying to self-advertise, but maybe the tables could be useful to you.

The roof on your first building is very stretched and blurry. You should scale it down and use multiple of it to build the roof. The logs under the roof also awkwardly penetrate through it at the center. Some other buildings have the same problem.

Use a different sound when you pick up gold. The current one really doesn't fit.

I love the giant rocks that you use for cliffs. Would you mind sharing them?

Coloring the larger wolves blue doesn't look very realistic and also color clashes with the terrain. Ever since Blizzard made the Dire Wolf a purplish blue, everyone thinks strong wolves have to be blue. Believe it or not, wolves don't turn blue as they grow older and stronger. If you want color variety, though, try making them varying shades of grey, brown, tan, and white with the RGB.

The Damaged Apprentice's Hat should give some type of bonus for magic users, even if it's as minimal as adding 5 mana or 10% Mana regeneration. Just because any chance to have an item not do the exact same thing as every other item is a good thing.

The hero model is extremely small , to the point where it looks goofy compared to everything around it. Maybe scale it up a little bit?

The Wildkin's animation times in the object editor need to be fixed; he lands his attack right as he starts the swing, which is too early and looks awkward.

Wildkin's Lightning Strike needs a new effect model. Shockwave just isn't appropriate. There are lightning shockwave models available on every model site, download one.

Wildkin's Lightning Strike passive, combined with Frenzy, is quite overpowered, making it a mandatory combination that I was able to slaughter with. You should consider editing frenzy to cut the chance to trigger lightning strike in half. It would still proc twice as often while in frenzy; but 4 times as often is just absurd.

Many abilities use values such as "0.05%". Do you mean 5%, or 0.05x, or actually 0.05%? Because increasing your attack speed by 1/2,000th is pretty weak, and dealing 1/500th of your damage to nearby targets is also pretty lame. These are the wildkin's other two abilities, which pale in comparison to his first two if their tooltips are to be interpreted as they are written.

The heals seem to be far more powerful than offensive abilities. This should be the other way around, since enemies have so much more health than players, meaning that while a healing ability is healing for a third of your health, your offensive abilities are damaging enemies for 5% of their health. At the moment restoration is by far the best route to take, and it's also mandatory for survival. Try to work on the benefits of focusing on defensive stats so that they can keep up with restoration, and also weaken healing spells slightly (From 7.8x to 6x), while buffing offensive abilities slightly (for example from 2.2x to 2.5x).

Tooltips for the attributes so that we know how they're affecting things would be helpful. Since I don't know what they're doing, it seems that their effect is either nonexistent or negligible. I get more excited when my pet levels up than when I do. I felt like my pet was my hero, and my hero was the follower helping out. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, though.

In the inventory, before moved into the fullscreen inventory, the Amulets claimed to be a Head item.

What does food do? The game needs to do a better job of informing players of how different aspects of the game work.

I was able to pull two ghouls across the map to the town. This is only an issue if it's something you don't intend to happen.

Considering that it's single-target and barely deals more damage than fireball, Lightning Strike costs an absurd amount of mana. Increase Lightning Strike's damage from 3.2x Spellpower up to 3.5x Spellpower (compared to Fireball's 2.2x Spellpower AoE Damage) and lower its mana cost from 17 mana to 8-10 (Compared to fireball's 6).

What does Lightning Damage and such do? Does it add lightning damage to your attacks, or increase damage of lightning abilities? It should do both. It looked like it might have been dealing the extra damage as additional damage separate from your attacks while dealing it at the same time (not added to the original number), making it look as though your attacks were still dealing normal damage. This can confuse players; maybe you should have your damage detection system check for certain factors (like lightning damage) before giving the damage value, and then dealing that damage and factoring it into the value that is presented.

A lot of quests gave only gold. I understand that you wanted to make side quests different, but perhaps just a small experience boost as well would be nice, since it's still a quest.

At least one of your quests doesn't update to display which parts of the objectives have been fulfilled, such as Tom Watson's House.

I noticed that while the creeps upgrade with your level, many bosses don't. This can be a bit awkward when the creeps start doing more damage than the boss.

Keep things like "2nd" out of dialogue when characters are talking. Type it out as "second".

There are also quite a few typos and grammatical errors in your quest dialogues here and there. In the future maybe I'll make a note of them, but for now, just find them and fix them. If you want to send me the dialogue for the quests so that I don't need to search through them all in-game, I could fix them all for you.

The staff's ability "Firebolt" is far too weak. It deals 1.4x Spellpower. This means that even with the staff's bonus spellpower, Firebolt is still dealing far less damage than a player with a weapon would with their basic attacks. Maybe you should increase the damage of firebolt to 2x Spellpower. It would still be weaker than Fireball, and would also be single-target rather than dealing area damage, but at least it would deal more damage than the player's basic attacks.

Instead of using intelligence as a primary attribute to gain attack damage for spellcasters, have spellcasters continue to use strength or agility for their basic attacks, but have intelligence increase spellpower. This would ensure that magic gear is actually helping their spells rather than simply their basic attacks. Or you could even continue to allow intelligence to increase their damage, but still have it increase their spellpower by a fraction.

The only store items I could find were the 2250 gold items. These are extremely powerful, and by saving a player can obtain them at a point in the game in which the items are far more powerful than the player, their pet, and all of the player's gear and abilities combined. Make these items more expensive.

You should also make some purchaseable items that are cheaper and have less overpowered bonuses than the couple that I found available.

Overall I really like this map and I hope you work on it more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.