• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Artillery Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Artillery Fight & Char Tower Defence

Artillery Fight

Game Mode : 5vs5
Game Type : Aos like

I hope some of you are old enough to know the 2D Tank Wars games.
Well this map will be like those brought to you through SC2.
I will release a beta version on europe soon.

All players start with a tank, each on their site. The whole game you will never engage the enemy players directly.
In addition the computer will spawn units on each site walking towards the other site. Only those are able to cross the bridge to the other site.
But don't worry you will have to do some things too. Each tank is able to morph to siegeMode, then you can adjust power, angle and facing by pressing QWEASD.
Click on shoot and your tank gonna shoot the selected ammunition to your adjusted position.

Some screenshots :

http://img217.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2011030114442.jpg/

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2011030114444.jpg/

Char Tower Defence

GameMode : 1vs1vs1vs1 (single player possible)
GameType: TD/Maze

Char Tower Defence was inspired by Power Towers from Warcraft III. The focus is more on the competive gameplay because you have to compete for resources (lava and creep).
Reactors build next to lava create power to supply energy to your towers. All towers need energy in order to be able to attack. There are 50 Waves
wave 1 normal
wave 2 mass units
wave 3 speed units
wave 4 feedback units
wave 5 boss ( first is normal, 2nd are 3, 3rd is speed, 4th is feedback boss)
Wave 6 is normal again and so on. The game doesn't end after w50, you can still continue playing.
Last one with highest wave wins the game. All stats are saved in banks.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions etc. ( You can also post comments to Char Tower Defence )

Last edited:
Level 12
I just played the Char TD, I liked it, especially solar power generators, they take up vast areas and produce virtually no energy... quite reallistic :grin: (Not sure about this, but aren't you german? (some in-game text was german) If you are, where are wind turbines? There is even a pretty model for them...)

Several suggestions:
- divide the builder's command card in several, distinquished by their purpose (like a tab for generators and power transfer, then damage and support towers....), it's quite a mess right now
- some texts are german, I now about the fire tower's weapon, but I think there were some more...
- some kind of energy calculator would be nice (I select 5 towers, it calculates sum of their energy/second consumption)
- the terrain is really horrible. I realize you need "functional" terrain rather than nice, but still, you don't see rectangles in nature....
- it would be nice if there was a way to see tower's transfer targets even when it's not transferring (for example when you select the tower). It's sometimes hard to organize the whole power grid...

But otherwise it's a pretty good map, the power system is quite unique. BTW, did you make power towers in wc3?

Level 9
the german text is not on purpose. i'll have to check that.
An energy calculator sounds interesting, an extra dialog box for that...
there are nearly no TDs with realistic terrain, at least i don't know any.
to see the transfer targets is hard to bring it to life since i need the colour of actors for dark = no energy and normal= full energy. i have no other ideas how to do it.

nope i am not the creator of power towers but i think it is the best TD in TFT. There were just no promising projects for a power towers in sc2, so i created one myself, but i didn't want to create a simple copy.

wind energy? needs 1000 to have same amount of energy :d

Level 1
Heya, ive been playing Char tower defence for a few days, really liked it, feel like ive aced it now but couldnt tell, sadly, some time into the game things stop working, and power stops getting passed by most of the fowarders/distributors, managed to just get to level 72 when it bugged but was going very strong before it bugged so woulda lasted alot longer :D

Good map, a suggestion would be, if you click on a fowarder/distributor, lines appear showing which towers it is powering.

Level 9
the replay would be very helpful. i guess you were on easy to manage to get to wave 72 :D, anyway that's a good job.

can you tell me more about that bug. how many lives left? were only new towers affected? where did you play? ( player 1 2 3 4 ?)

Level 1
Yeah sadly it would seam i have to save the replay at the end of the game or something, as I cant locate it in previous games :(

It was on easy yeah, really wanted to test how far I could have got, still 30 lives at level 72 :) so was going very well ^^

It didnt effect every tower, but maybe 75% of them, a generator would be targeting a distributor, but no power transfered, if i removed the transfer and re-did it, the generator would fill up the distributor for one turn and then stop again, same with the distributor, its 4 targets would only work if i removed and replaced, and only once.

I came up with a very nice little maze, where the monsters would pass by and be attacked by the same point/corridor 12-14 times before going to the exit (when the extra 2 targets were exposed under lava), at 72 they were reaching the middle point but not getting to the final one (before going for the exit too), so i could prob easily top level 100 with that strategy hehe...

That was the plan untill it bugged, ;)

edit: not not just new towers, old towers too, both creep and lava generators were effected, only 2 out of say 6 generators still worked.

p.s. that was the second time it happened, first time was at level 57 ish (Found this level Very difficult), I get the feeling it may happen once I build too many buildings or something, ill try to duplicate it and record for you some time

Level 72 again >.< damn that ones hard.

So the bug seams to crop up late game, it appears all exsisting connections are fine, but at some point all new connections bug (I think), in that game i noticed that I sold 4 flame turrets, made 4 new one, and the distributor which powered old 4 was set to power new 4, and it didnt like it.

Was going to build a new solar panel to see if its connection would be instantly bugged but damn, 72 is hard :D

Looks like i cant save replay on your type of game :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
ok then i do know what the problem is. you build more than 200 towers (without blockers), Wow!. you mass fire towers? i would realy like to see your build. i never made it to lvl 72 cause it always took too long, but i think my maze could compete with yours :d . i will fix this as soon as i am at the other comp, i cannot upload from here, everything above 2.21 mb cause gateway down error ( too slow internet)

Level 1
Aha thats it then! It actually takes me untill about level 45-50 to build my base, and then I can just sit there upgrading towers, but building extra generators (and the links) will be putting me over 200 I guess :S

Nah actually I have only 2-3 flame turrets, a little of everything, although I have no worked out what toxic towers do yet? But I build ALOT of distributors...

1 distributor will power 1-2 other distributor and 1-2 towers.

I build it like a web so every generator is kinda connected, so if one gets low and another is high, they share the load, but this takes alot of distributors, so its pusing my count right up, although when I tried that one last night I realised im building too much and not upgrading enough (Level 72 Mass Vikings, im not sure if I even killed one unit, 30 lives untill lvl 71, then game over hehe!)

Anyway nice map man, makes me want to try and make a map, its especially good because its difficult, and it does not stop at level 50, I can prob do alot better now I know of the 200 build limit, once I reach that I panic and it all goes wrong :D

p.s. Just majorly reduced my buildings and upgraded more, but im sure I never got to 200 buildings, i barely had 100 there and it was alot, but! got to 78 and level 78 is the last level, only about 15 Ghosts, but they are immortal! plus they will not die at exit, and if you attack them at the exit, they run out and back in, taking up all your lives :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Sweet I shall give it a try, since I got to 78 I tried someone else's game, Mineralz, but I much prefer yours, my minor OCD is not satisfied unless I can build the base how I want it :D

Level 1
Well I got to level 60, 3 times, but i rage quit when all 3 bosses got by, each time so no further :D

Seams I have a replay on the game, i know its possible but i dont know how to upload it for you to see it? Good example of ma base :D

Bamm

Level 1
Hehe well, Ill just reply about bugs. Hrm, seams most are sorted, at the end if you die, and it distroys all your buildings, there is no real game over, it just sit's there. But thats not a big deal.

The mechanism which stops you building in the monsters path during rounds is bugged, itll give you the message 'wait untill next round' ect ect, but if you click to build a second time it will work, I like this, because my base changes form alot so its handy, but a few of the momnsters bugged and would not run untill under attack, also they just stand still, but thats rare and my own fault :D

I like the new button which reveals which towers are being powered, could do with being moved away from the sell button though :D It occasionally will only show 3/4 of the towers it is powering.

As to a replay, well I got to 70 something again, but the replay is 4 hours long (I dont think so long as the game is played as fastest), and then there is the fact I no longer like my own base and have come up with something new and evil :D

Status
Not open for further replies.