• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swift is best language

Status
Not open for further replies.
why?

because they let you use emoji
attachment.php

also, I proved evolution of mankind as well as our eventual evolution into dragonkin

checkmate C++ users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 11.50.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 11.50.54 PM.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 283
Level 29
Those silly emoticons are just unicode characters, so saying that it supports the full unicode range for identifier names makes more sense.
That in itself is only impressive because of the terrible unicode support in most software, even though it's bloody 2015 (mostly thanks to Microsoft).

As to the language - not cross platform, so ew.

Most declarations (variables, classes, etc.) are written in black. That shade of green is usually reserved for user-defined classes and instances. Purple and purplish-blue is reserved for Apple's built-in libraries.

And yeah, it looked like a static function at first because I carelessly named teh variable 'array'. But you shouldn't be focusing on that. Focus on the emoji. There's one for you too:
attachment.php

@Ghostwolf: How dare you dismiss them as lowly unicode characters! Emoji are their own beautiful entities. And yeah, it isn't cross platform. But the design is pretty awesome! I mean, this is coming from someone who used to have to use objective-C *shudders*.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 2.58.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 2.58.21 AM.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 223
Level 23
erm.......

§2.2[lex.phases].1/1
Physical source file characters are mapped, in an implementation-defined manner, to the basic source character set (introducing new-line characters for end-of-line indicators) if necessary. The set of physical source file characters accepted is implementation-defined.
(Emphasis mine)

So yeah, C++ standard does not say anything about emoji being or not being able to be part of the source code. It boils down to the implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.