• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Games in haXe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hai. Let's make games.

haXe is a multi-platform language. Compile one code into many different languages for support in Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Flash -- free. The syntax is simple and open-source. Find tutorials/demos and start building your own application.

Tutorials:
Starting with Haxe
HaxeLearning
HaxeFlashTutorial
Learning Flash with haXe
haXe+NME
haXe Flixel Platformer Tutorial

• Download and install.
  • Open terminal.
  • haxelib install lime
  • haxelib run lime setup
  • haxelib install flixel
  • mount folder containing your favorite demo
  • lime test "Projext.xml" flash

Need help? Post here. :ogre_love:

Level 6
Hey,

just found this, looks neat :)

but i wonder.. is there some resource i can check out to get a feel for it?

without spending hours on a language that will probably take many years before it reaches wide spread acceptance..(don't mean its bad.. just this takes time..)

some nice overview on youtube perhaps or some comparisons with other languages (eg JAVA, ECMAscript, Python)

also.. you are affiliated with the development? then i suggest you take that list of tasks and make a bat file that condenses it to just "install" :)

noob friendlyness helps any new language!

Level 4
some nice overview on youtube perhaps or some comparisons with other languages (eg JAVA, ECMAscript, Python)

Hi Waffle,

I'm super glad you're taking interest in haXe. Since you probably are interested in game developing (based on the context of this forum), I recommend you take a look at haXe flixel.

http://haxeflixel.com/

Here are some docs:
http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/

Demos with source codes:
http://haxeflixel.com/demos/

Take a week to soak in the information, spend an hour fiddling with it each day. There really isn't a lot of tutorials or videos giving people a run-down on what to know. A lot of this must be self taught as of now.

Here's a video of a game made with haXe recently:
http://evoland.shirogames.com/

this looks interesting... I hope this proves to be an easier and faster way to handle droid apps than the currently available ones out there which gives me a lot of lag... XD

EDIT: wow I can make them in Notepad++

I do wish though that there will be a compiled installer that has all those required files already instead of running a lot of commands to install them all... XD

So far I have been able to make an animated title for the 1st State and make it go to a 2nd State after some time...

Been reading the source for the RPG Interface, and I can't seem to find where it draws the details of the save slots... If you know how he did it, can you please tell me? XD

Last edited:
Level 4
this looks interesting... I hope this proves to be an easier and faster way to handle droid apps than the currently available ones out there which gives me a lot of lag... XD

EDIT: wow I can make them in Notepad++

I do wish though that there will be a compiled installer that has all those required files already instead of running a lot of commands to install them all... XD

Been reading the source for the RPG Interface, and I can't seem to find where it draws the details of the save slots... XD

At the functionality of haXe, I don't think you're sacrificing much when installing your own libraries. The purpose is to give you what you need in a minimal package.

Saving in Flixel has been a bit tricky for me. Perhaps you can figure it out and share your progress.

I just find it tedious to need to run all those commands to install them (the basic required ones) one by one...

I could care less about the actual saving for now, all I need to know is how he drew all those details on the save screen because I cannot seem to find out where he did that on the source codes... XD...

PS: and I think it's a good thing it uses States since I've been pretty much accustomed to them because RPG Maker has it too (called Scenes)... and IMHO it's really a good approach to making levels etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.