• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divine protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I want to create a hero spell power that cast divine shield to a.unit. however, when I use object editor I don't know what to modify about divine shield spell power. I added range to the cast and when I activate it still using in paladin. I changed the base spell to sleep and frostarmor spell but the cast still solving as the original power. please help :c

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Programming Here you can talk freely about programming languages outside of the Blizzard universe. Talk about languages, ask for help or just show off. This is the right place for you.
I do not think we can help you here if you are talking about Warcraft III.

If you are, you might want to consider moving to StarCraft II as everything in the Warcraft III object editor is hard-coded so you cannot do what you are after directly. The Warcraft III solution is to either emulate divine shield (make unit vulnerable/invulnerable with triggers) or use triggers to add a disabled spell book containing divine shiled (to hide the command card icon) and then order the unit to cast it (remember to remove it once it expires).

Level 24
Programming Here you can talk freely about programming languages outside of the Blizzard universe. Talk about languages, ask for help or just show off. This is the right place for you.
Dat indeed.

But to be a little bit more helpfull. I have that Divine Shield ability that you want.
It is in fact not so hard to make... if you use my Effect Over Time System.
I am still fixing the remaining bugs on it though.
But at least that spell you want exist in my spell library.
You can download my EOT system and edit the targets of the Divine Shield ability (that is an example in that map) to make it target other units.

Status
Not open for further replies.