• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 [Animalistic Nature] ~ The Poll

Vote for your favorite entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

5NZMD00Z.jpg

hero.png
contest.png
number.png
4.png

poll.png

Animalistic Nature

Contestants were supposed to create a hero with a concept linked with the world of animals. The hero should possess the basics of an animal and combine the key of human nature with the one of animal instincts.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user may only vote for one entry.
• You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
• You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
• You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
Second Place: 30 reputation points
Third Place: 15 reputation points

judges.png

• Magtheridon96
• Adiktuz

entries.png

InfinateAnswers
Champara Bros' Preview & Entry
Jazztastic (ex Beef_Is_Back)
emjlr3
Ahimtar
Orcnet
Xiliger
Spinnaker's Entry & Preview
Brambleclaw
Blood Raven
Zeatherann
mckill2009
GunSlinger21's Preview & Entry
Bugz

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Concept
How interesting is the hero to play with?/10

Coding
Is the hero bug and lag free? How well was the coding executed?/10

Synergy
How well do the abilities work with each other? Do they fit with the theme of the hero?/10

Balance
How balanced the hero is? Is it extremely weak to own or extremely hard to face?/10

Aesthetics
How good-looking the hero is? How well their appearance is fitting with the icons? Are the tooltips self-explanatory?/5
  • 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

Contest

Level 16
if you win... 13th place? if you get 14th place, and i win, ill tell ralle to give you the icon instead =P because theres no way youll get last, your WiP is too pro.

Ofcourse, i want a n00by entry icon :ogre_hurrhurr: Nah i just want to win my off contest competition with another entry :3

edit: the only reason i offered beer is because i wont win :3

5 more entries to go and I'm finished with the judging... so far, most of the reductions come from coding/OE stuff... and plain ignorance... ^_^

though, I haven't gave anyone a 0/10 yet...

btw, are we allowed to vote too? and yeah, I believe self-voting is not allowed...
You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.

It will be up to Pharaoh_ if he will DQ Orcnet or not...

Level 17
Everyone has mistakes man, you cant be perfect i missed an obvious leak, but its only 1 =(

Also if u vote for yourself it will either not be counted, or be removed and u can vote for someone else, and judges can vote but its not liked since it shows favoritism and that can be biased during judging.

Level 20
yeah, I use JNGP... and BC's map won't open...

I also tried the default WE and it still won't open and shows the same error message...

I also tried redownloading it, but still won't open...
You should have told us what's the error. I just noticed you need WEU the open it. I've had JNGP with WEU integrated and when i reinstalled JNGP, without WEU, i couldn't open either.
damn it! how can I change my vote? I accidentally voted myself like a dumbass (((:)
Yeah ofc, accident.
Imo, you should either get disqualified or get 2 negative votes.

Level 20
And get banned and hunted down like a dog.
yes and that would be too harsh for a user. its listed the self vote won't be counted and I'll probably wait for pharaoh instead of this
It's also listed that it may result in disqualification.
The fact that you know the rules and that if someone notices it, it won't be counted implies that you hoped it won't be noticed.

maybe next time we should put a rule saying WEU is not allowed... Its really pointless to be used right now anyways, and the problems it could give much defeats the purpose... what do you think?

@Orcnet - IDK about right or wrong, but the thing here is that you actually broke a contest rule... most probably it will just be not counted... ^_^

I can't change any votes in the poll; as far as I know, it's only possible for an administrator, but it's a pain to deal with.

The rules state that if a user votes for themselves, the vote won't count (obviously) and may get disqualified. I want none disqualified and since Orcnet hasn't caused any problems in this contest, the situation goes likes this: Vote is not counted. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.