• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The 2-Player Campaign
Frequently asked questions

Below is a list of questions/problems that are often asked about the project, and their answers/solutions.
Some may have multiple answers/solutions so if one doesnt work, try the rest and your problem should be solved.
If it still exists, even after trying the suggested solutions, then post a bug report in the Player Feedback forum. Before posting, I suggest you read Posting in this forum and the List of Known Bugs.

Where should I put this 'campaign'?

Even though it is called a campaign, all of the maps must be inside the "Maps" folder inside your Warcraft III installation, not the "Campaigns" folder. It doesnt actually matter where in the "Maps" folder they are.

Why can't I see the maps when I start the game?

Here are a number of possible reasons and their solutions:
  • You must have the expansion (The Frozen Throne). You cannot play the 2-Player Campaign without it.
  • You must have the latest version of the game. The maps have been tested and work on patch 1.26 or later. Previous version may not work properly.
  • Shorten the folder names. Warcraft III will not see the maps if their path is too long, so that may be the problem.

A chapter doesn't accept my code!

Make sure the code is from the correct chapter. In the future, I intend to improve the messages to be more informative instead of just telling you there is an error.
Some chapters will give you two codes. One of them is intended for the next mission, and the other for a later one. This is because some missions do not involve the same heroes, and you do not need the items in order to continue. This is may also be improved in the future.

If the code is from the right chapter but still does not work, then make sure you are writting the exact same code you were given. Some letters/numbers are easy to confuse with others, such as 'l' (lower case 'L') and 'I' (upper case 'i'), which look identical in Warcraft III.
This is why the code is coloured. Lower case letters are in green, upper case letters are in blue and numbers are in red.
So, the following code:

BgrS-LfzQ-MZqd-PwHy-dtXd-A7IA-obNd-em85-i5xI-n

will look (something) like:

BgrS-LfzQ-MZqd-PwHy-dtXd-A7IA-obNd-em85-i5xI-n

Will there be a 2-Player version of the bonus campaign?

No. That campaign requires combining too much little maps into one. That would create a huge map which will be very unstable, if it even works.

Ermahgerd! When is it gonna be finished?!

Calm down now, it will be finished. It may take some time but it will :)
When I started these I had little to no idea what I was doing and with time, I realised how unstable and impractical my approach was. That is why the night elf campaign is currently undergoing a complete rework - that will both ease the process of finishing the rest of the maps and eliminate a lot of the recurring bugs.

That will sadly slow down the progress for some time, but will ease the whole process in the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.