• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ships Mod Map Pack

Reactions: 1 person
JCarrill0 Presents
111038-albums7328-picture84106.jpg
111038-albums7328-picture84108.jpg
111038-albums7328-picture84107.jpg
About this Map Pack
There are standard Melee Maps, with a few added features, Naval units! Each one is a TFT Melee map. I edited these map (with permission) by removing the Neutral Goblin Shipyards, then I did some editing to the standard campaign ships (tweaking for balance, and added build option rather then hire options) so they could be used as a regular Melee Game.
[tr]
Credits
[tr]

Keywords:
Ships Mod, Naval Units, Islands, Silver Coast, Pirates Route
Reviews
00:47, 23rd May 2014 PurgeandFire: Approved.
Level 16
Could I help you with this? I have a fair amount of Beta/ Alpha knowledge of unused or even abandoned content. I also know how to make the editor and the game think that this is still a melee map with custom data/ objects. It's a little trick. :)
The Maps are complete for the moment, But if you wanting to help wit the AI for future versions, Sure!

The Maps are complete for the moment, But if you wanting to help wit the AI for future versions, Sure!

The maps are not counted as a melee. Advanced Build makes two clicking sounds, orc transport ship has the same model with undead ship. While there is on hive an Orc Transport ship. And I know AI pretty well.

Level 16
The maps are not counted as a melee.
Correct, its a custom map because i added the naval Units to these maps, thus making it custom, but if you check, everything is still made for regular melee gameplay. That was the entire idea for this "Ships Mod"

Advanced Build makes two clicking sounds
Correct, this has to do with the Advanced build mechanic. I think Aple may have fixed that issue, but I am not completely sure.

orc transport ship has the same model with undead ship.
Correct, all of the transport ships share the same model if I'm not mistaken, that's just the way they were created.

While there is on hive an Orc Transport ship.
I have no plans to add custom models to this. What would be the point to change one model when there is 4 races? I would need to change them all in my opinion, again which I have no plans to do.

I know AI pretty well.
Awesome, maybe we can talk further and discuss perhaps making a better ai for the Map series.

PS -
I just don't hope you expected i was wanting custom model and making a new altered melee for these maps. This was simply made as an addition to the well balanced melee blizzard made so many years ago.

Correct, its a custom map because i added the naval Units to these maps, thus making it custom, but if you check, everything is still made for regular melee gameplay. That was the entire idea for this "Ships Mod"

Correct, this has to do with the Advanced build mechanic. I think Aple may have fixed that issue, but I am not completely sure.

Correct, all of the transport ships share the same model if I'm not mistaken, that's just the way they were created.

I have no plans to add custom models to this. What would be the point to change one model when there is 4 races? I would need to change them all in my opinion, again which I have no plans to do.

Awesome, maybe we can talk further and discuss perhaps making a better ai for the Map series.

PS -
I just don't hope you expected i was wanting custom model and making a new altered melee for these maps. This was simply made as an addition to the well balanced melee blizzard made so many years ago.

Actually every race has a different transport ship model, only the orcs. Orc Transport ship icon does not match with the model, the model looks identical to the undead transports ship. While you could simply import the custom model and make everything fitting. This map could be counted as a melee, because it only brings new things to it. It does not touch any of the balanced races. Two clicking sounds were not fixed yet.. :/

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

As i said before,this add is simple but cool,but..may i give you a little suggestion? I downloaded your first map,so maybe you changed it already,but i think that there is a human and orc port who have a 'build' animation,Perhpas it could be of use to you for a better effect?

Level 16
As i said before,this add is simple but cool,but..may i give you a little suggestion? I downloaded your first map,so maybe you changed it already,but i think that there is a human and orc port who have a 'build' animation,Perhpas it could be of use to you for a better effect?

yes, and i have request permission from the local ones found here on the hive to sue them in the next Versions. plus i tried contacting someone about a working ai since they were interested.

As long as people want to see more of this project I will continue to improve where I see fit (taking advice along the way), but again this is ment to stay as much to its original for melee as possible.