• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your warcraft 3 favorite race :)

Hello, I'm just asking, what's your favorite warcraft 3 race, your strategy or combos, and what is the reason why you love it :)

Favorite Race : Night Elf
Strategy/Combos : Mass Huntresses, Dryads and Archers then rush, I like hit and run, hitting them and run or sometimes when I used archers at night I will hide. Sometimes in desperate situation, I hide my ancients by hiding in the forest, just eat some trees to make path then create a small room for rooting space...
Most of the time, in early game, I send some wisp to their bases then, inspect what is the best enemy to rush, after that, I will rush them with mass huntresses and archers, sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not but I'll try to make sure that I will destroy them... I like FFA games .. :) In late game, I assembled my army, I preferred chimaeras, hippogryph riders, and some heroes(mostly priestess of the moon, naga sea witch and keeper of the grove).
My reason why I love them : (I like them because night elf females are beautiful and sexy :D) The reason why, because I love nature, they are nature lover, they practice druidism and I like it, their culture is great and for me they are the strongest race in azeroth, because they are the first who study magics and they are immortal .

So what's yours ?

Favorite Melee Race : Human
Strategy/Combos : Mice rules!! Seriously, Archmage Mass Teleport perhaps is the most imba spell you could encounter in Melee games when used properly. My tactic is to create a massive defense army, some siege engines and sorceress in master training, send an invisible troops inside the base, use mass teleport when it's clear and wreak havoc before they can retaliate, just pull back if they manage to get back.
Or
Just send those building crusher tanks and send them with the Archmage in a sneak attack.

night elf, race with most varied & unique strategies. viable strats include standard bear/dryad, mass hunts rush, mass archers for team games, chims + hippos for team games, mass dott vs orc. and basically any hero comboes well with their units (elves love taverns)

they also require the most micro to play well with

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Orc, I always use Shadow Hunter and Chieftain. I think they are the best combination in the game. 5 taurens, 3 shamans, 2 witch doctors, 3 wind riders, and at least 1 kodo, the rest are random. I won a war against 2 Normal AI (1 vs 2) with that strategy once. Moreover, it goes even better if I found Invulnerability potion for the Shadow Hunter. Chieftain's aura and stomp are absolutely crucial in the war. Orc goes even crazier if there is mana fountain in the map.

Level 22
Favorite Race: Undead
Strategy: Use the necromancer efficiently. Seriously, its spells are good. Cripple somehow simulates stunning the unit for a long duration and unholy frenzy is good with Abomination and Frost Wyrm. Don't forget the signature spell, raise dead, when combined with a Meat Wagon carrying corpse produces an instant army.

Level 19
Favorite Race: Undead
Strategy: Use the necromancer efficiently. Seriously, its spells are good. Cripple somehow simulates stunning the unit for a long duration and unholy frenzy is good with Abomination and Frost Wyrm. Don't forget the signature spell, raise dead, when combined with a Meat Wagon carrying corpse produces an instant army.

Banshee's Possession is really a pain if used efficiently.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Undead, using lots of Crypt Fiends, with Death Knight as my first hero, and Crypt Lord (or Lich sometimes, but rarely) as second. Throwing in an Abomination or two later.

Level 22
Banshee's Possession is really a pain if used efficiently.

Yeah but I was actually not a good Melee Map player (can only beat 1v1 Normal not 1v2 Normal) and micromanaging is a pain also. So I either train necro or banshee but necro looks cooler so I go with him. To be honest, the only spell I know Banshee had is the Possession something where she sacrifice herself to control another unit.

Level 19
Yeah but I was actually not a good Melee Map player (can only beat 1v1 Normal not 1v2 Normal) and micromanaging is a pain also. So I either train necro or banshee but necro looks cooler so I go with him. To be honest, the only spell I know Banshee had is the Possession something where she sacrifice herself to control another unit.

Micromanaging is a pain but when you used Possession I'm sure your enemies will crumble. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Shadow Flux said:
Now I have the urge to play a Melee Map. I want to try the Banshee and the Destroyer.

I would advise you to use Destroyers against the Orcs. I, sometimes, use them to destroy their Burrows and quickly retreat.

Level 21
Favourite race: Orc
HOWEVER, my best strategy comes with undead. I mean, the towers that provide food can be converted into defensive towers, the units got the highest HP regeneration (yeah, only on blight, but get a Death Knight with unholy aura and it's done) and their orb is so destructive. Crypt Lord's impale stuns multiple units at once. Then, I just spam abominations and mighty frost wyrms and the game is mine.

Last edited:
Level 9
Humans are the best ones! (For me)
Strategy: It all depends on the enemy. Knowing Human Units, they can make counters efficiently. By experience, I can identify what the opponent is up to by harassing them or sending in a gyrocopter, or getting an arcane tower with reveal. The army will be based on how the enemy built his army as well. Spell Breakers, for example, if they have massive spell buffers/debuffers.
Not to mention Human Heroes are that great as well if three of your heroes are well-controlled. Arch Mage / Blood Mage can give mana and wipe out enemy units in a group, needs careful aiming though. Paladin can give armor and heal. Mountain king can disable, or even kill. Is it only me, or Mountain King can very much get really powerful late game, to the point none can outmatch him if there are 2 other hero support with him?
Human Researches can go along with how your enemy builds his army as well. don't have to overkill upgrades.
There are several techniques you can do with Humans.

usually if I found out that the enemy is at a weaker advantage than me, tier 2 is already enough, bring mortar teams with me to get rid of their town halls/mines. Mortar teams can be healed. A very good siege unit, though a bit fragile.
Some players are also very fragile in early game to rush techs. That could be a very good opportunity to spawn footmen for an attack and riflemen to FF heroes.

Sorceress have those amazing skills of polymorph and Invisibility... very pwerful spells... Given Archmage and Blood Mage gives them Mana...

Some players are fond of towers. There is the Cloud.
Some players are fond of aerials. There are shackles. THough some units like Faerie Dragons must be faced with Gyrocopters and SIege Tanks.

Humans... <3

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Favourite race: Orc
HOWEVER, my best strategy comes with undead. I mean, the towers that provide food can be converted into defensive towers, they've got the highest HP regeneration (yeah, only on blight, but get a Death Knight with unholy aura and it's done) and their orb is so destructive. Crypt Lord's impale stuns multiple units at once. Then, I just spam abominations and mighty frost wyrms and the game is mine.

That is also a potential weakness, as enemies destroying their food source, located on outer edges of the base, will cripple the Undead.

Level 21
All races and strategy got advantages and disadvantages. For example, my strategy leaves me weak in early game so if I get assaulted too early, I'm defeated already (I merely train ghouls and crypt fiends at that time). Undead do not have an agility hero, night elves lack a strength hero, humans lack an agility hero as well. Only orcs have all three attributes yet this doesn't mean they're perfect.

Level 15
Human, but my fav strategy is with orc. I really like to spam defensive tower, make it as wall. also I put all unit near the wall so if there are some mortar or a kind, i let them out. And put some peon inside the area so they can repair the tower.

Level 20
Personally I like to go with Orcs and focus on buffing my units. Tauren Chieftain for Endurance Aura and to carry scrolls of speed and Shamans for bloodlust. If I am not yet at late game I go with witch doctors and abuse stasis wards but less in late game because smart enemy will focus on making air units.

Though I like humans also because they just seem like jack of all trades. Spellbreakers and priests to counter enemy magic, dragonhawks to counter enemy air while knights and griffins soak up enemy damage.

And problem with all those campaign races is that they are in most cases unbalanced for proper melee. How many even remember to set map/campaign to actually use latest patch instead of default patch.

Blizzard makes all races balanced :) I think it depends on how players use it ..

nope, there are definitely racial imbalances.

human is undoubtedly the strongest race. best economy, best base defense, best siege, best magic, best anti-magic, every unit & hero is useful.
they're also the only race that doesn't have a poor racial match-up in 1v1 (orc gets lightly beaten by night elf & human, night elf gets beaten by undead, undead gets severely beaten by orc)

Level 20
Don't you need Archmage level 6 and large army to use teleport attack. Just saying that if you have level 6 hero and big army you are most likely already wining. Unless it is some crazy attack like Archmage and 11 siege tanks. Not like enemy can't buy scrolls of town portal anyway.

Guess also the only human weakness is slightly lower damage compared to other races. But not a big deal as units are still very durable and not that expensive.

Guess also the only human weakness is slightly lower damage compared to other races. But not a big deal as units are still very durable and not that expensive.
that's offset by their ridiculous sustain (heal, brilliance, devotion) and myriad of ways to save units (holy light, banish, invisibility, staff of sanctuary). in general, human units are also highly armoured. so basically, humans deal little damage, but can take a lot and last for a while in a fight.

Level 5
Favorite race: Humans

Strategies/Tactics: After I have upgraded all the buildings and after I researched all the researches needed, I will proceed with the battle. If the base has two entrances, I will put two heroes on entrance one, and one hero on entrance two. Entrance one's siege unit consists of four knights, three riflemen, two Priests, and two heroes. Entrance two's unit consists of one hero, five footmen, four siege engines and two mortar teams.

The siege will go like this, the two heroes on Entrance one's siege should be tough, and heals units. That would be the Paladin and the Mountain king. The two heroes will lead and the other units follow them. Entrance one's siege will be the first to strike, destroying the enemies' defenses while killing the enemies' troops.

After the siege on Entrance One have been put to action, Entrance two's units will have to wait until all the attention are focused to Siege one. After some time, siege two will be implemented.

The footmen will lead while the others follow them. The footmen will attack the enemies' workers while the others pillage the buildings.

The first building to be attacked will be the Altar of Kings. Then, the enemies' workers will try to build another one. The footmen will then destroy it. The second building to be attacked will be the town hall. Then, the barracks. After that, I don't know

Level 20
that's offset by their ridiculous sustain (heal, brilliance, devotion) and myriad of ways to save units (holy light, banish, invisibility, staff of sanctuary). in general, human units are also highly armoured. so basically, humans deal little damage, but can take a lot and last for a while in a fight.

Well I did say that supposed weakness wasn't a big deal because of durability. Also would say that human units in general are easy to use.

@TheGreatJoshua

I kinda don't like the complete lack of air units and that you only aim at destroying enemy buildings with all that siege (still unsure whats the point of 5 footmen). How to counter enemy air units and magic.

Still guess what most bugs me is that you must wait till very late game to make this attack and hope that enemy didn't scout your base or have several bases.

Level 12
Favourtie race - Undead

Strategy - Only use ghouls for lumber harvesting unless the base is attacked directly. Use crypt fiends as the bulk of the army and research their upgrades. In battle burrow fiends to avoid losing them. Make a crypt lord as the first hero. Play on the defensive unless you have an ally and have a plan of attack with him. Go on the offensive once you get teched up and get necromancers, banshees, and a few abominations and meat wagons on the field.

The crypt fiends kill all the flyers and provide strong ranged support. Necromancers create lots of skeleton body shields and cast unholy frenzy on crypt lord for extra power. Banshess posses enemy elites (knights/minotaurs/abominations) to take them out fast. Abominations are just tanks to cover the massive crypt fiend army. Meat wagons take out tower spams.

If possible capture enemy builder with a banshee and make your third hero from their altar for the laughs (but never make blademaster - only cowards make blademasters). Also never use gargoyles or frost wyrms because flyers are for cowards.

... don't take the word coward here too seriously though >.<

Level 34
I would advise you to use Destroyers against the Orcs. I, sometimes, use them to destroy their Burrows and quickly retreat.
How do you use Destroyers to destroy burrows?

Guys, how are you using destroyers anyway? I always find that unit not worth, first I need to create Obsidian statue, then I need to tier up 3 level halls of dead, then to upgrade destroyer form, then to convert statue into destroyer.
Also that destroyer cannot be powered up into Fountain of Mana, it drains mana all of time, and you need to take away mana from one of your units.
I simply find its drawbacks not worth of that unit.

Level 12

Guys, how are you using destroyers anyway? I always find that unit not worth, first I need to create Obsidian statue, then I need to tier up 3 level halls of dead, then to upgrade destroyer form, then to convert statue into destroyer.
Also that destroyer cannot be powered up into Fountain of Mana, it drains mana all of time, and you need to take away mana from one of your units.

I dunno but if there's one thing for sure is that obsidian statues own >.< Undead mages need that mana for their spells that they always autocast and heal on everyone is never bad.

generally in team games, unless the enemy have a lot of casters they're not worth it and frost wyrms are a much better investment.

in 1v1 and 2v2 games though, players have a lot less room to freely macro and so frost wyrms are rarely seen because they're too expensive and focus fire just rapes them.
destroyers are worth it in this case since they can shut down casters easily, and casters are more commonplace in 1v1, while being less expensive than frosties.

as to how you should be using them, devour magic as much as possible in fights and use their 'absorb magic' ability on statues that you're about to morph as seen here, since morphed statues lose all their mana anyway. that video also demonstrates how easily destroyers rip through units/buildings with heavy armour (this includes towers and unfortified burrows). so yeah destros are definitely a valuable unit, just need to know how to use them right.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

What I do is basically mass about 7-8 Obsidian Statues, and send them near the Orc base (while they're still in Obsidian form). Then I transform one and have it take the mana from the other and so on. Destroyers deal massive damage to Burrows with heavy armor, especially now that they have mana to get +20 damage. After that, get them the hell out of there.

This is not my primary strategy, however, as it requires a lot of resources, both to tier up and transform the Obsidian Statues.

Level 20
I always want to have at least one Destroyer to deal with buffs since Devourer Magic is closest thing undead have to simple mass Dispel. I don't make many simply because they cost 5 food and I don't find it worth it. And yeah they deal good damage to heavy armor but so do Frost Wyrms. Basicly I use Destroyers for anti-magic purposes and not damage just how I always want to have priests, spirit walkers and dryads.

Of course there is that lil flaw in the plan that orcs can just upgrade burrows to fortfied armor.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I always want to have at least one Destroyer to deal with buffs since Devourer Magic is closest thing undead have to simple mass Dispel. I don't make many simply because they cost 5 food and I don't find it worth it. And yeah they deal good damage to heavy armor but so do Frost Wyrms. Basicly I use Destroyers for anti-magic purposes and not damage just how I always want to have priests, spirit walkers and dryads.

Of course there is that lil flaw in the plan that orcs can just upgrade burrows to fortfied armor.

I know, but they are good for that specific scenario, and a Frost Wyrm can't replace them in that case, because they're way slower, and this strategy needs to be executed quickly. (They also have spell immunity, which also makes it easier)
I usually use a lot of Crypt Fiends, so, as I said, that's not my primary strategy.

Level 20
I like playing NE and humans. NE are less effective early, they are it's quite difficult to defend, but later they can use dryads and bear druids. And DH is very strong, he can alone destroy enemy NE/Undead base :D. When I play humans I always take Blood Mage first because of his mana drain and vanish - he can quickly disable that damn blade master :D. Also, footmans are very good against archers, so attacking NE base as quickly as possible is very good idea :D

I like playing NE and humans. NE are less effective early, they are it's quite difficult to defend, but later they can use dryads and bear druids. And DH is very strong, he can alone destroy enemy NE/Undead base :D. When I play humans I always take Blood Mage first because of his mana drain and vanish - he can quickly disable that damn blade master :D. Also, footmans are very good against archers, so attacking NE base as quickly as possible is very good idea :D

Nice, an NE player too ... :D
Night Elves are good for killing air units , they are weak at first but beware ...
You need "fast hand" and nice strategy to play Nightelves effectively, even though they don't have enough "brute units" they are good in range attack and something else like spells, scouting, and their buildings are so awesome .

Level 19
Nice, an NE player too ... :D
Night Elves are good for killing air units , they are weak at first but beware ...
You need "fast hand" and nice strategy to play Nightelves effectively, even though they don't have enough "brute units" they are good in range attack and something else like spells, scouting, and their buildings are so awesome .

Yeah like destroying the enemies base with chimaeras, tanking with mountain giants, druids of the claw for additional damage and health and AA units.

Level 11
The Humans are my favorite race in Warcraft 3.

I like to train the Mountain King or Paladin as my first hero.

After that I focus primarily on Footmen, Priests, Knights, and Gryphon Riders.

Another factor in my decision is that I play as the Humans in melee maps the most, so I am better at playing them than the Undead, Orc, or Night Elf.

I am mainly an undead player; mainly a destroyer-banshee player. Seeing that you find the destroyer not worthy is kinda odd to me, as the destroyers are in fact one of the best units you can get to quickly erase enemies, specially some aerial units as the Frost Wyrm and the Gryphoons, even Dragon Hawks.

My strategy is this one; Advance quickly, get a bunch of Banshees, a Dark Ranger, a Firelord and Pit Lord, these 3 together are insane in terms of controlling enemy heroes and units, as I can silence and howl of terror the enemies, heavily reducing their damage capacity (and with the Firelord the damage reduction scales up to 100% -bladepussy nightmare-), disable elites and control them at will, besides having the combo of the Dark Ranger and the Firelord, so that when I kill an enemy with them both they get me an incinerate explosion and a Dark Minion, with them I usually focus on the small unit groups wich I can delete quickly.

For the destroyers it is simple. I will use Howl of Terror and then consume the debuff, same with curse, as it doesnt matter because I will kill or posses those enemies quickly. The only bad thing is that the Mountain Giants really get to my nerves, as that Resistant Skin sht and Taunt makes me loose all of the strategy I can use.

For Banshees I will have half of them with curse deactivated to save mana for possesion. I also love them as my favorite unit because of their anti-magic shell, as it defends my summoned units from that of wich they are vulnerable; dispels. Also it heavily protects my heroes from damage, specially from that annoying OP Mountain King (aka Bashya 4life).

I also recommend the usage of the Scroll of Healing, when your 3 heroes carry one you make sure it is going to be a long figth.

Finally if my enemy is arming too many AntiCasters I will train Crypt Fiends and Abominations to tank. If I find myself against Nigth Elves I will recurr to Necromancers and spam a lot of Raise Dead like if there is no tomorrow, and use my heroes to get tons of summoned units.

Level 1
Hello, I'm just asking, what's your favorite warcraft 3 race, your strategy or combos, and what is the reason why you love it :)

Strategy/Combos : Mass Huntresses, Dryads and Archers then rush, I like hit and run, hitting them and run or sometimes when I used archers at night I will hide. Sometimes in desperate situation, I hide my ancients by hiding in the forest, just eat some trees to make path then create a small room for rooting space...
Most of the time, in early game, I send some wisp to their bases then, inspect what is the best enemy to rush, after that, I will rush them with mass huntresses and archers, sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not but I'll try to make sure that I will destroy them... I like FFA games .. :) In late game, I assembled my army, I preferred chimaeras, hippogryph riders, and some heroes(mostly priestess of the moon, naga sea witch and keeper of the grove).
My reason why I love them : (I like them because night elf females are beautiful and sexy :D) The reason why, because I love nature, they are nature lover, they practice druidism and I like it, their culture is great and for me they are the strongest race in azeroth, because they are the first who study magics and they are immortal .

So what's yours ?
My favorite and by far the best race in the game are the orcs they are the orcs because apart from being perfect for beginers bcs with them you can aford most mistakes exept not enogh anti air, they also when mastered and played right they own any other race between wich humans put up most resistance but ultimatly alo crumble, my strategy is

So what's yours ?

So what's yours ?
 My favorite and best in the game is orcs they preety much own every one and dont need to much diferences in the strategy for each matchup great beginer race bigest damage output by faaaaaaar best hereos and strongest land unit in the game tauren own every other tier 3 meele unit vs unit they crush stone giants leaving the fight with half of their hp and thats without the ea,wd and bl buffs plus they can be revived strongest tier 1 meele as well they say you counter orcs with night elfs but that counter is on such fragile limbs any bit more xp-d orc payer will laugh the race that puts up most resistance is human but they also crumble when the sh.t hits the fan strategies variate slgtly regarding the match ups and you canchose between early mid game ofencive vudoo lodge tower push and hereo creep def till tech. Late game strategy. Blademaster with life steal while spirit linked is practicaly un killable the raiders ensnare ability is a geat way to counter chaneling spells such as blizard flame strike star fall tranquilit ty witput exposing your tauren chieften to much

My reason why I love them : (I like them because night elf females are beautiful and sexy :D) The reason why, because

So what's yours ?

I love nature, they are nature lover, they practice druidism and I like it, their culture is great and for me they are the strongest race in azeroth, because they are the first who study magics and they are immortal .

So what's yours ?
My favorite race is orc and defenitely the best most op in the game perfect race for beginers most mistake forgiving and when mastered unbeatable in any matchup the two strats I use is ofensive vudoo lodge tier 2 tower push and hereo creep def till tech strongest tier 1 units strongest tier 3 meele unit in the game most damage output by faaaar best hereos ensnare i
s perfect to counter chaneling spells like starfal death and decay tranquility blizard and flame strike the strat alters minorly depending on the matchup I heard the story that NE is the counter to orc but that counter is on fragile limbs which any bit expierianced orc payer solves my opinion is that humans put up the most resisstance but also crumble when sh.t hits the fan the trick is to use your shadow hunter beserkers raiders and witch doctors corectly you dont need wind riders at all but against NE you need only few batriders to eliminate faerie dragons and dragonhawk riders defensively it is true that you have the weakest air nad that is why most players rely on heavy air to counter orcs and thats where your shadow hunter comes in treat him as a int hereo all int runes pedants and int items go to him have mana and clarity pots for him and as long as you got some raiders alive you dont need to fear the heavy air the only weaknes if you ask me is the fact that you rely on your hereos bit more than other races there are some maps on wich you dominate even more such as drywater gulch so I would love to hear somone try to deny me sp we can discuss or even play game so I can prove my point gg