• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Name in Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well, my name has a pretty long history.

I invented another name a long time ago containing Arden, which is from 'ardere', Latin for 'burning', if I recall right.

I used to choose Arden as a name, but after some time I got bored of using always Arden, so I thought about a new one.
I read some fantasy novels and as I like elves, I tried to make it sound like an elfish name. So the name Ardenian was born.

Level 36
We've had this kind of thread before, some couple times. But there's no harm in
recurrence of this theme. As I've mentioned in the previous threads, the name
"Keiji" was inspired from a historical person named Keiji Maeda.

Although my interest in the person was more because of his character in a game called
Samurai Warriors, than the actual person.

Level 3
The story of my username is simple,my user name shall curse the site with my upcoming maps!

Level 24
My original username was love1994ba as my first name is Love, my two last names are Björling and Andersson and I was born in 1994. I later requested a change of name to Razosh which was the name of a character in a fantasy story I wrote when I was 13.

Level 32
I needed a name for my steam account and I wanted one that matched the theme of the games I would play.

To this day, I'm not fond of my name. People end up calling me Stop or Noob, which isn't pleasant at all. Ingame in multiplayer maps is where I'm most annoyed as people will blurt out, type out rather, "Stop!" The confusion is real!

If I had a name change, I would've chosen Radioactive, Smoke_And_Mirrors, or even SCN. That won't happen though, as the consequences for that outweigh the rewards in the scenario I'm in.

Last edited:
Almia

Just a Feminine name from Pokemon(it's actually a Region, and sounds female). I also picked it because it matches my true first name(both have Al), and this name sounds like my sister's name.

My true first username was Radamantus, It was a name of the hero I made years ago which became my favorite hero. I also got it's name from the Greek mythology.

Level 18
A name for the self-insert protagonist of a fantasy novel I wanted to write when I was fourteen. Basically a good-aligned death knight Mary Sue in a Warcraft ripoff, so that went nowhere.

Now people have accepted it as my real-life nickname.

Level 15
Idaero Ace is the name of my original character. My real name is Ivanda Aprillion S, I used first word on my name as base.
Idaero is Ida-ero, based on Eroge. And Ace is based on ass.
Because my OC is expert swordman, and he is fast, so I put "aero", or wind which i think is something fast. And I am not sure about Ace. I have no idea for that, maybe because it sound like "S". I am planning to change "Ace" to something more epic.

Level 9
my original name was LightofDeath (masterhaosis loves that name :D) based off a former professional DotA player. people kept calling me LoD and i kinda hated that nickname, so i told them to call me Light and i pretty much just stuck with it.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I sort of plagiarized the concept behind my username when I was young (somewhere around 10) from a role model of mine. Basically, "don", which you might have guessed, is a another way of saying "Mister" but sounds better, at least to me. The second part, "svetlio" is just my real life name that none of my friends use anymore. I am currently known amongst friends as either just "don" or "Cardbox". The latter is a story for another time though :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I regret having gone with something so basic. "demon_slayer", yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
What are you talking about, witch hunters are awesome.

latest

Level 1
Xanthus is one of Achilles' two immortal horses. He prophesied Achilles' death when he was given human speech by Hera. That story is the reason why I picked this name.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Witch hunters are alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
My nick was given to me. When I created my first WoW character a friend named my troll hunter Pinzu - Don't ask me why, maybe he though it was a troll sounding name, who knows. Anyway it was better then his BNet nick of peanuttroll. So all things considered it could've been much worse! :p

Level 8
Last edited:
Level 34
Ah, and I though that you drink blood in free time, and once you were overdoing drinking blood, thus became drunk... Blood Drunk :cgrin:
Now seriously, nobody got idea ever how I got my name.
it dates since I was child. One of my password to net coffee (that was popular in past) was Master and some numbers... I once ate ice cream Chaos while playing Yuri's Revenge there... Yuri had Chaos Drone, so I saw two stuff having word chaos in name. Since then I remembered it.
One day, when I decided to join here, I combined those two words into name, MasterHaosis as everyone knows me now. :cgrin:

Level 24
Mine was originally Edge or some other terms of that (No, not the one from FF or the wrestler), but since I was a noob on emails by that old time, didn't know how to activate accounts, and somehow, forgot the password, I created another,
This time, Edge45, where "Edge", as the sharpest point of the sword, which is a favorite name of mine, and "45" which to me, as a favorite number, and shows the sign of a diving Eagle or Phoenix,

Last edited:
InfernalTater.

My old name was TLI-Inferno, and I wanted my new name to be close enough to be recognizable by those who already knew me. I also like potatoes. So I gave myself a fancy name for hot potato.

I was renaming myself because my old name never really meant anything, and I never bothered to change it. The TLI- part was back when everybody was putting their clan tags in their name, and friends and I were trying to start a clan. But before we made the clan, we suddenly came across Clan GoED (many, many years ago), which included the creators of Heroes and Empires, Battlecraft, and Multi Square Defense, three maps which I still love to this day. So we joined them instead of creating a clan. The TLI part didn't really have meaning, but it was something that was easy for people to remember, and I wanted people who knew me in-game to recognize me on THW, so I used the same TLI-Inferno username here. I've used it on many games since then before finally deciding to start making my username InfernalTater from now on; but I'm still TLI-Inferno on BNet and BNet2.0, as well as many flash game sites like Kongregate, where I'm TLI0Inferno.

So there's the history. Pretty boring, but that's the birth of the burning spud.

Level 34
Part of my last name.

I've actually changed from using Gilles to using Gyllz since it's so much cooler. That and it's much less likely to be taken already.

Level 31
APproject

Back in 2007 I met a guy in national gaming forum, his nick name was project17. He was the first one I talked about passion for map making, we shared knowledge, we shared maps and we played each other's maps, he truly motivated me to get even better at this. One day he was gone, never showed up. Then in 2008 I found Hive, I just needed some models to download and drop few comments, so I made an account.

I named this account in honor of him just because of his impact on me, if not him, I would probably have dropped map making long time ago, so I wrote word project in my name, as it was in his name. AP stands for the first letters of my first and last names. That's my name's story, hehe.

Level 25
Chen Stormstout is a Warcraft character.

I went full addict to dragons so I name changed to Chenralstrasz

Years after i went full crazy I mean people are having a hard time typing my name so I changed to Chen.

I'm really insane so I wanted another name change but I blame myself so I'd be wishing luck for myself cause reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.