• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ignore this...

What should you do ?

• Betray him as well ?

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Unlesh your fury on him ?

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Make a conversation with him ?

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Find other Friends ?

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I DON'T CARE ?

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
A best friend is a friend that can hurt you, a friend that you can hurt,
and you can still be friends after having talked about it. If you can't do
that with a friend, then that friend isn't a friend, and certainly not a best
friend. It is human nature to sometimes do something that wasn't
completely thought through, something stupid. The mere notion of "best
friend" is, I'd say, exactly that: Admitting this truth and knowing that you
can trust your best friend to always be there, no matter how much of an
idiot you are.

Talk to him, that's my vote.

Level 5
It depends how severe is it.
If the betray is just something small then I would just ask why and lose trust to her/him but if it is a real serious problem, it could actually cause friendship problems.

There is no general method that you can use in such a situation. It's case specific.

Sometimes talking may help, but sometimes you just have to split each other and go different ways.
And even then, if you have not much or none contact at all it doesn't mean you don't respect each other anymore. After time things maybe changes.

But finding a new best friend... - How does it even work?^^
Betray him/and such... well, kiddies might do such things, but it's not really serious.

Level 21
Number 1 - Hell NO! Revenge is not the solution. Betraying him back would be a childish and stupid behavior. In the end, I won't get my best friend back and I would've betrayed someone for no apparent reason.

Number 2- Oh yes man. No matter how grave the betrayal is, if my best friend did something bad we'd better have a serious talk about it. Perhaps we can make everything clear and, with some efforts, be best friends once again by forgetting the past. Losing a best friend would be a gigantic loss. My vote goes for this one.

Number 3 - And what would I win by raging on him? A definite "end" of your friendship with a punch-up. Nice way of dealing with the problem...

Number 4 - Yeah, like best friends grow on trees or fall from the sky... you cannot replace a best friend so quickly and surely finding another one is even a harder task. No thanks.

Level 20
Well a best friend is a best friend.He knows you and you know him.I would personally talk with him.Find out why did this thing happend and try to make sure it does not happend again.After all best friends are hard to come by.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
1. Betray him as well? Besides this being absolutely childish, it makes you a traitor yourself.
2. Ask him why he did it? You mean like "Hey, dude, why have you betrayed me like that?"? No reply.
3. Making a conversation? Well, sounds like the least crazy version here, so go for it. Also, who tells you that he really betrayed you? What if it's i gigantic misunderstanding or not on purpose or or or.... Either way, a discussion might be a fitting solution. You know all about the matter in the end, whether it's good for you or not.
4. Find other friends? Do I really have to explain why this sounds retarded?
5. Meh.

A best friend is a friend that can hurt you, a friend that you can hurt,
and you can still be friends after having talked about it. If you can't do
that with a friend, then that friend isn't a friend, and certainly not a best
friend. It is human nature to sometimes do something that wasn't
completely thought through, something stupid. The mere notion of "best
friend" is, I'd say, exactly that: Admitting this truth and knowing that you
can trust your best friend to always be there, no matter how much of an
idiot you are.

Talk to him, that's my vote.
Totally agreed.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

None here can say you how you should decide, the decision is up to you.

When my best friend betrayed me I decided it was time to move on.

Level 5
Then, quite frankly, improve your social skills. Finding friends should not be an issue.

For me it is easy, if their interests are similar to mine but I'm afraid not since my interests is pretty different compared to 99% peoples in my school.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
For me it is easy, if their interests are similar to mine but I'm afraid not since my interests is pretty different compared to 99% peoples in my school.

That's a fair point. Depending on interest it's possible to get friends from outside the school though. My gaming class is super anti-sport, however I could make plenty of football interested friends at my local football club if I still played there.

Level 21
Finding new friends is easy. Finding new best friends is NOT easy. Before *promoting* a friend to a best friend, it'll take time and lots of actions that prove you can trust him/her

Those who voted "I don't care": Why? That either means you don't value your friendship or that your best friend was not actually your best friend. Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it. Face it instead.

Level 5
Finding new friends is easy. Finding new best friends is NOT easy. Before *promoting* a friend to a best friend, it'll take time and lots of actions that prove you can trust him/her

Those who voted "I don't care": Why? That either means you don't value your friendship or that your best friend was not actually your best friend. Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it. Face it instead.

I agree but sometime ignoring is a ideal if they are completely mean and unreasomable to us, in some case.

That's a fair point. Depending on interest it's possible to get friends from outside the school though. My gaming class is super anti-sport, however I could make plenty of football interested friends at my local football club if I still played there.

Well, my interests is kinda a borderline between gaming, art and design (including anime/manga) and gossiping, which makes it hard to get a new friend via interests.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Quite frankly it just means that you can take the blow without causing drama. Which is a good thing, I hate drama queens.

I doubt I would give a damn if a friend 'betrayed' me. All humans are egoistic, if they gain something by doing X and believe they can get away with it, they will do it. It is very logical to me. And I would do the same, thus I would accept being 'betrayed' with the knowledge that it's perfectly natural.

If I got 10 million for setting up my friend for a year or two in jail, heck yeah I'd do it. Though I'd (likely, depends on how he/she treats me afterwards) give half of it to him/her when he/she got out.

Level 22
What did he or she do to you? Smells like another case of misunderstanding to me... Me, I'd just walk it off.

@Chaosy: that comment and avatar combo is great lol.

I hate drama queens.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Tell me, what exactly is the purpose of this thread?
Are you planning to take revenge (or already have done so) for a betrayal of your best friend and now you try to bring attention to this topic by opening this discussion while trying to convince yourself that taking revenge is the right, the only way to go by telling this to others?
If so: Not gonna work.

Level 28
Tell me, what exactly is the purpose of this thread?
Are you planning to take revenge (or already have done so) for a betrayal of your best friend and now you try to bring attention to this topic by opening this discussion while trying to convince yourself that taking revenge is the right, the only way to go by telling this to others?
If so: Not gonna work.
I never said that Revenge is the right thing to do ! I've open this thread just because I want test people experience, how they REACT about such situation ! Everybody is different then the other in his intention ! I don't obligate no one to vote for Revenge !!?

Level 21
Quite frankly it just means that you can take the blow without causing drama. Which is a good thing, I hate drama queens.

I doubt I would give a damn if a friend 'betrayed' me. All humans are egoistic, if they gain something by doing X and believe they can get away with it, they will do it. It is very logical to me. And I would do the same, thus I would accept being 'betrayed' with the knowledge that it's perfectly natural.

If I got 10 million for setting up my friend for a year or two in jail, heck yeah I'd do it. Though I'd (likely, depends on how he/she treats me afterwards) give half of it to him/her when he/she got out.

There are two cases when a friend betrays you:

1- You just saw him betraying you and you immediately talk to him ---> facing the problem
2- You just saw him betraying you but you wait till next day. Your ex best friend doesn't know you found out the betrayal so he'll act normally. However, you shall either talk to him (therefore face the problem) or ignore this and have a best friend who betrayed you and you know it (but who the heck on Earth would do that? )

In both cases you'll talk to him so you'll face the problem.

Level 22
Oh, my mistake then :D Pardon me. I haven't seen lolis much these days, must be withdrawal symptoms lol.

Level 19
I guess this only counts if you are male and your friends male.

beat the stuffing out of him and have a conversation at the same time.

"You were like a brother to me!" punch him in the gut
"do you have any idea how much you hurt me!" knee him in the face
"there was no one in the world I would have loved more" elbow him in the back
"I'll never be able to recover from loosing you!" brake his legs
"why did you do this to us!" brake a few fingers for good measure
"your breaking my heart!" brake his ribs
"ok now, I feel better, let's go see that movie you wanted to watch." pick him up and throw him into the back of a car (boot)

guys have there best heart warming moments when they throw punches in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.