• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why elves??????

Choice you'r favorit race!

• Human(Dwarf,Human)

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Elf(all elven races)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Orc(Trolls,Ogers,Orcs{Fel Orcs,Orcs},Taurens)

• Undead(Crypt,Demon,Undead)

• Draenei

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Naga

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
mae govannen, lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie?

Sadly the only elven language I keep track of is Thalassian and not many words are known in that language. The only languages I speak fluently are Swedish, German and English. Actually German is kind of semi-fluently.

Level 19
ergh

so just reject my idea like that!

that's some mean bull $#@@"T

and I freaken love elves

I have always loved elves and always will

orcs are stupid
humans too naive
Naga too fishy
blood elves freaked rock because they are pissed all the time
demonds suck because their intentions are top clear.

elves freaken rock because you know they have power and they aren't idiots

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also lets be fair Naga are only original elves in warcraft, after their change their males are hardly elven anymore. In other settings they are separate from elves anyway.

Right, in Non-WarCraft universes, the snake people aren't related to elves (in most cases), but as far as I can see, most are relating the poll to the WarCraft universe, so I did the same.

ergh

so just reject my idea like that!

that's some mean bull $#@@"T

I never rejected anything. Was just pointing out to remove that kind of stuff from this thread. This isn't about creating a race, but about existing ones, so stop your own "bull $#@@"T", will you?

Level 21
Well if we are now just speaking of (Wo)Warcraft elves then I can definitely claim they are not always intelligent. Like bringing Burning Legion to Azeroth, the event that exiled high elves away from sane boring elves, going to Outland and becoming servents to Illidan/Burning Legion (Malygos was right damn it, magic shouldn't be used >>). The intelligent ones tend to be minority like Windrunner sisters (even though one is obviously evil).

Level 19
blood elves don't exist much out side the war craft world

but I like them.

'the blood of my people can only be avenged by more blood. but not just blood but like raining blood and it was burning... ok maybe not that much blood'

can anyone remember the exact speech he made?

Level 24
The intelligent ones tend to be minority like Windrunner sisters (even though one is obviously evil).

The evil ones tend to be intelligent and evil as they are willing to do anything to get to power. As for Vereesa I would say she's cunning but as someone who has read several books I would say that her bigotry keeps her from seeing the truth. I wouldn't call her intelligent rather a very talented person.

Level 21
The evil ones tend to be intelligent and evil as they are willing to do anything to get to power. As for Vereesa I would say she's cunning but as someone who has read several books I would say that her bigotry keeps her from seeing the truth. I wouldn't call her intelligent rather a very talented person.

Now now the evil part is more complicated than that. In most cases (not speaking about just elves) evil tends to be unpractical and stupid but beneficial in short term or just evil for the sake of evil, aka the Stupid Evil. Example Kael after tempest keep which is shame as character was likable in TFT until Ilidan hijacked the blood elf campaign.
Now we can both agree that Sylvanas is capable of long therm planing and the evil comes not because she is "evil for the sake of evil" but because of her priorities and ethics, aka Pragmatic Evil. She wouldn't be liked if she was one dimensional evil.

As for Vereesa I see your point and I agree.

Level 24
I wasn't saying that Sylvanas wasn't cunning or didn't look after her people in her own way. I simply said she performs acts of cruelty and she rules with fear rather than any other means. Koltira Deathweavers fate is the perfect example of this, cunning yet malicious.

Level 24
No I was just speaking in general those who are willing to do anything often prevail over those who aren't. When it comes to elves they are more often than not good rather than evil, just compare how many evil elves you can mention from the last 15 years compared to how many humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.