• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where do people play Warcraft III custom maps nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey! I'm coming back to Warcraft and as what the title mentions, I'm wondering where people gather to play custom maps, aside from B.net or GameRanger. I went on Garena to check this morning, the rooms used to be full - 225 members each, but now there's barely any people left.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well - there use to be about 1000 people on Tungle and I remember lot's of people use Hamachi to set up lane games. There are also folk like me who dig into campaigns and single player RPGs and basically stay offline. Currently - there are about 12k active players, give or take, that I know about. Bnet has about 9k and Garena the other 2 listed provide the other 3k - like I said, this is how many I've counted and it's a rough estimate - if you add in GameRanger I have no idea how many we are.

Level 2
Why nobody is using RGC? I know that community there is an ultimate cancer but the quality of games is very good.

Level 12
As @StoPCampinGn00b mentionned, makemehost.com is amazing and what i use to play custom games. The best thing about it, is you don't even need to loggon. I always keep a makemhost.com tab open on chrome and when im bored i just give a quick glympse on the games list to see if there is anything worth playing. Pro tip, check the makemehost section and the top of the enthost section, those games fill up in 1-2 mins easy and usually have solid variety.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

I play WarCraft III maps in Garena+'s Malaysia rooms. :)

Game: War3 RPG (not War3 TFT)

Status
Not open for further replies.