• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
First I'd hire someone to look after the money, to make sure I don't spend it all on stupid shit. Actually, I'd hire two persons, but not tell them about the other guy, so that if one of them tried to steal my money, the other one would notice it. And then I'd invest most of it.

Stash it in a bank and live off the interest.

Sounds like a terrible plan, does interest even cover the inflation?

Level 14
Realistically, I'd invite everyone I know to a big party, and then I'd have a great speech. At the end of the speech I'd just shout "Fuck you!", raise my middle fingers and jump in a helicopter and fly away never to be seen again.

Level 16
I'd like to learn Japanese from a private tutor then travel to Japan when I know enough of the language. I'd see the country, particularly the country side, ski (a lot) and perhaps visit China afterwards. I'd move out of my parents house and buy a small yet nice house. I'm interested in science and technological developments so I'd probably design the house myself around green materials and self sustainable solutions.

I'd like to hold a part time job afterwards otherwise I'd have too much free time. With the time and money I'd be-able to afford a nice piano. I have always loved playing the piano. I'd look into composing music and maybe one day my music could be used in movies or something similar.

I don't need 50 million euros. It would probably sit in a bank. Maybe it could help those close to me pay for a house or something? Perhaps I could donate it for research into some sort of specific scientific development?

Level 14
Can't find any sources now that I'm looking for them, but I'm sure everyone has heard stories about how sudden increases in wealth can ruin a person's life, because they can't control their spending and suddenly everyone they know is trying to get a part of it. I find this really fascinating. That's also why I'd hire someone to manage my money; to prevent me from wasting it all on drugs and hookers like most of the people who win the lottery.

So in all seriousness, I have a number of theories that I can't test without proper funding. I have other various projects and concepts that I could also fund. That aside, I would invest a large number of my winnings while funding those projects.

Not that long ago, I'd put 25K into some investments, made about three months' rent in three months. I'd be set for life with that kind of cash, especially if my theories pan out.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Well, of course, I'd invest some that money into some kind of business. Otherwise, it would perish quickly. I would probably be very extravagant xD

Level 7
50 million?
1 million for housing,PC,CDs etc.
Probably a donation(still that kind of money "corrupt" people so it isn't definite)
Give some to close family and friends(I expect after winning that amount of money everyone will come closer to me but I know who truly is close)
Investing in buisnessess.And generally try to spend the least I can

Level 12
If i would win this money : a part i will invest in genetic engineering and robotics , a part i will invest in bussines and with the last part i will buy an island and relax .

Level 22
A kawasaki ZZR1400, a chevrolet corvette z01, a mercedez E class. Then I'd setup a business so the money keeps flowing in. After that, it would go to the house and small stuff (I don't have a lot of stuff I need, the first few mentioned are my dreams, anything more is like meh).
So basically, I need like 1 million and I'm done.

Level 15
i will take over Hiveworkshop, buy a classic house for my family, donate it, make a free collage, make a free school, etc

Level 14
I'd hire an army of mercenaries and arrange a coup. I'd take the whole parliament hostage in a prison island and win the public to my side by making impossible populist promises. After that I'd be the first Emperor of Finland and I'd make some badass statues of myself (though they would be rigged to explode if people try to destroy them after my reign).

Level 11
If I won the lottery first I would split it with my parents. Next I would invest it and collect the interest each year. Then, each year I would pay off my bills, travel, and donate a little to medical research. I would defiantly get a nice house and car. I also might go to college for computer science, medicine, or chemistry. It would be tempting to spend all that money on crap but I think I could resist it. Wow! I hope I win one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.