• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I thought itd be cool to discuss Warhammer 40k related stuff (more from the hobby than the computer game)
anyone here collect? whats your armies? whats your favourite strategy/ army list? got any photos of your army, does your army have a backstory? do you have a memory of a funny or exciting game? lets discuss

Level 5
im talking mostly about the board game/ the story behind it, as opposed to talking about the computer game. the real fun is putting a story to go with your collection, your army, because you can choose like their colours, their appearence etc, and every1s army/collection is unique.

Level 5
alot of people just do it for the sake of collecting, or just gaming, or they just like to paint and assemble and convert them, also, there are big competitions based entirely on painting/converting

Level 5
i find the painting rlly fun coz u get 2 choose the colours yourself and then a story developes from that and from the different models it is sorta expensive tho i agree, and time consuming. the computer game is sorta similar with the designing colours, but not as customisable in those ways tho

Level 5
lolz. i like to drive my greyish blue modified WW1 tank with howitzers clearing a path with its dark red coloured gun, and then im happy.

Level 5
lol Dark Elder! sorry they sorta funny. my dad used to do dark elder, but now he does necrons coz dark elder are tricky to play and my marines would tear them apart at range and at close.
now i think of it, my marines tear everything i play against up, tho my lil bros tau battlesuits are a worry......
Nids are scary, but i know the perfect anti nid strategy.
Iron warriors....How many Tanks did you have Fulla, im sorta suspicious that it was a scary amount......

Level 5
Why woldn't you have dices in a board game fgs?

Daminion has a very good point. How else would you do it? D&D doesnt suck coz of the dice, it sucks coz of the fact 3 or more grown men are sitting at a table rolling dice and yelling "I AM Gulstaff, Servant of The Light, and i cast magic missile!". With W40k, you are not yelling stupid things. just rolling dice, moving things round a table and having fun.

Level 5
the squats have only really bin present in epic 40k (smaller scale models so ppl can have battles with like lots of men and tanks and huge constructs called titans)

Level 12
And what about dwarves (squats or how they are called)? Are they a playable race?
In the early days WH40k were more or less ment to be a sci-fi version of FB(fantasy battles). If you look at the old eldar concept art you can see the decorated high elves in the snow. Squats where removed due their impopularity. (Fgs space dwarfs it's the most stupid idea ever!) Fluffwise they were exterminated by the tyranidus. I haven't seen their units but I red that they used light units like motor cycles and gigant slow bulky metal behemoths. Dark eldar which is just sark elves in space (much more than eldar is high elves) arn't very popular either and I don't like the idea. I find it hard to accept space orks but they are pretty good designed. Crazy units. :D Booh I miss the old 2:nd edition tyranids. :( They were the real ones. Many of their models would have to be modified becouse they are pretty ugly (old lictor) but the origianl idea is good. :) I hated the 3:rd edition. The hive tyrant turned into some boring dinosaur with an alien queen head. Now in the 4:th they wanted to go back to the 2:nd edition style for it. :) But there is only one carnifex and that is the 2:nd edition one! :mad:

Level 5
do you mean the old "screamer" carnifex? the weird one with the phsycic attack? i dont really like the old nids, the old ones do seem a bit ripped off alien and starship troopers, but hey! if i collect nids at sume point, one of them is so gunna have yellow blood bleeding out of its face in a net pattern (from AvP)
the eldar used to be crap coz they used imperial weapons like eldar lascannon, eldar missile launcher, now they are more alien, the dark elder are just an escuse to make models that cut you when you try to handle them (spiky) and the nids can use the old models too, the new ones are just evolutions of the old ones, coz the niddy hive fleets are constantly improving their alien swarm by incorporating bio matter and dna and changing their troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.