• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tendency to be alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Do you prefer to be alone? Why? Share

I got tendency to be alone, first because I can't do program if there are people around. But sometimes I wanted to socialize but I'm not able to. Not because I can't talk but someway I think I'm not born to be social. My sound is kinda highly bass-ish (so heavy), unlike the others. I feel kinda strange when talked to people. When I started talking, people around start to stare at me (perhaps they think "cow can talk?"). And my accent is very different from other people around, make me feel even weirder (and I hardly adapt my accent since I moved to this awkward city). And since my sound is so heavy, I need to refrain from talking too much or I will got throat ache very soon. And my hearing is not very good, I need people to repeat what they said quite a lot of times. Everything is just right to be alone. How about ye?

Level 3
Looks like we're on the same boat dood :grin: I had quite a deep voice and communication problems on interacting people.

glad I'm not the only one haha :D

Level 21
I had the same miserable problem some years ago. You know, when everyone in the class keeps chatting and you are casted aside because you don't know what to say or just because people talk about irrelevant topics you don't want to discuss. If you prefer staying alone, there's no problem. I constantly lived in solitude and I coped with it really well. Just try to find one friend that suits you; someone who you can talk to without communication problems. There must be one out there for everybody!

Kazeon

Level 33
Looks like we're on the same boat dood :grin: I had quite a deep voice and communication problems on interacting people.

glad I'm not the only one haha :D

And my eyes are not normal. And I'm very lazy to wear eye glasses. That's why I miss greet people a lot of times xD That's so embarassing, so I stopped greetings people since then LOL, that's why my friends dislike me even more xD

I had the same miserable problem some years ago. You know, when everyone in the class keeps chatting and you are casted aside because you don't know what to say or just because people talk about irrelevant topics you don't want to discuss. If you prefer staying alone, there's no problem. I constantly lived in solitude and I coped with it really well. Just try to find one friend that suits you; someone who you can talk to without communication problems. There must be one out there for everybody!

I got one, but he likes to be outside. While I loved to program. But I'm glad we can still enjoy talking to each other. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Just try to find one friend that suits you; someone who you can talk to without communication problems. There must be one out there for everybody!

You want to know what's even worse than being alone ?

Having found ONE person that suits you perfectly, on a level like a brother/sister and then losing him/her for stupid, childish reasons after years of friendship.

Reasons for being alone ? Society does not allow all people to be not alone. There are always the ones who sit alone in the classroom, who eat alone in the cafeteria, who are alone the whole time and why ?
Because they have no 'body' or they are 'ugly' ( seriously I hate when people describes other as 'ugly', none is ugly! ). I mean, yes, there are probably people you can get along with, but most peoples are ... let's say they are not friendly.
Like Calum McSwiggan says: ' Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are beautiful, then look harder. Do not stop looking until you see that you are a beautiful being'.

Being alone is often not a choice and most people suffer due to being excluded or ignored from others. I really feel sympathy with people that do not care about the look or the character of a person, but only of the soul. Of course, it is really naive to think that there are many people who really care about each ( human) being around them.

It is always a game you do not want to play. Always looking on other peoples love and laugh makes one feel desperate and alone. There are reasons why people suicide or rampage. Yeah, there are video games that spread violence and such, but many people, children just cannot take on. And then, an innocent being commits suicide. That is the dishonour of our civilization. 'We are a high-developed society with technologies we cannot imagine'. Indeed we are. But humans are more than machines or technologies.
We are emotional and physically vulnerable beings that do not deserve to stay alone through a life, none of us deserve such a life that is alone, isolated, without the light and the hope of being able to laugh, to meet friends and feel true love !

Level 23
well I will say I have exactly 2 real life friends, and maybe a handful of other on internet, who I would consider friends, not just "people I know".

Also, one of them lives like 250 Km away from me, so I met him like 3 times in my life.
And because I can only really talk about one specific game(Chobibo will know which maybe), and about math/physics/programming, and my other friend lacks knowledge in all of these, I cant even have a complete discussion with someone.

Yeah, sometimes I feel a bit desprate because I never felt any other than parental love(mostly before I go to sleep, and it happened like twice or so), but then again, I like the ability to live far more than the feelings of not being alone, so I will not suicide.

So yeah, that sums myself, and my user title up pretty well.

But to answer the question, I dont mind being in a group, but most of the time I feel like fifth wheel, because I dont do most of the things people at my age do(drink, smoke, party all night)(well I have private party with very exclusive attendands, me, my computer, Visual studio and its compiler and debugger, World editor, game client, youtube), so I cant really just come to someone and start talking, because most dont give a fuck/wont really understand a fuck about what I talk to(this may be due to my lack of really good stories of any sorts, other than some shitty linker errors in Visual studio).

On the other hand tho, I almost always had at least few friends to hang out with after school as well as while in school. Not anymore, since high school

Level 22
Uh... Runescape? or "Infidel!"? I like the latter, can we be friends?

======
Most people like sucking up, I can't stand them, no friend-zoning from me. There's also those "morally superior" people who nag you about being immoral, I tend to laugh at them so again, no friend-zoning from them. The ones I got along were those type of people who would say "problem?!" straight at your face for staring at them. The reply "You, so?" always worked like a charm to them.

I can't say I'm a loner though, since I had a few underlin... I mean friends when I was at school. Nothing beats a daily back talking routine: "Hey, that guy bugging you again? What's it this time?", "He's being a dick, that's what."

Level 32
Q - Do you prefer to be alone? Why? Share
A - Less than half of the time I'm awake.

Q - Why? + Share
My answer is, "Less than half of the time I'm awake," because I'm usually a really social person in my High School. Someone asks me about something, I have a natural response. Usually it's witty or quirky but meh, let's not get to far from the point here.

On the other hand, when I want to do work, leave me alone! I cannot work on things with people chatting around me. When I'm on my laptop / Hive, I honestly don't care. I'll multitask by interacting with my laptop and chatting with others.

Sometimes I feel I don't really fit in this type of community because many on Warcraft 3 forums go on about how they're not very social in real life whereas I'm a really talkative guy. Welp :>

@SCN, I'm talkative and social, but sometime solitude fits me at certain times.

@Thread
Well, I tend to be very social, but at times I, very aggressive to other which hints my request to be "leave me alone".
In my school, I'm a Weirdo myself. People at school thinks w/ different opinions. My friends think I'm very laid back and lazy, loves games than studying. Teachers think I'm diligent. Seniors thing I'm a person that can be ask for help to. Juniors tend to respect me.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

There's also those "morally superior" people who nag you about being immoral, I tend to laugh at them so again, no friend-zoning from them

Well, I also refer Chobibo's argument to myself, as being 'moral superior', but I guess that is the point ! People who don't care about others and just befriend with people that are simple and straight, that is the worst that can happen.

Yeah, you say
The ones I got along were those type of people who would say "problem?!" straight at your face for staring at them. The reply "You, so?" always worked like a charm to them.
and it is up to you how you want to live, but what about those who are shy, don't dare to talk to you because you are rude and offensive, in a less meaning ? They won't be able to live their own way if you make them to underlings.

But, additionally, I think this is a big problem that is much bigger that we could point out in such a thread.

Sometimes I feel I don't really fit in this type of community because many on Warcraft 3 forums go on about how they're not very social in real life

To be honest, I start hating Hive, yes HATING. There is hardly a friendly, mature person here you can talk to. Most Hivers ignore you because they are too good for you and see you 'as the annoying noob'. Or like Direfury would say: 'Yeah, I am pretty great'. I mean, how can one person be such arrogant ? In real-life, you would never, you should never talk this way to others.

Others are little children that are way too young to hold serious conversation. So why am I here ...

Hive is dying, some people say ? Then think about a reason.

Kazeon

Level 33
Well, I also refer Chobibo's argument to myself, as being 'moral superior', but I guess hat is the point ! People who don't care about others and just befriend with people that are simple and straight, that is the worst that can happen.

Yeah, you say and it is up to you how you want to live, but what about those who are shy, don't dare to talk to you because you are rude and offensive, in a less meaning ? They won't be able to live their own way if you make them to underlings.

But, additionally, I think this is a big problem that is much bigger that we could point out in such a thread.

To be honest, I start hating Hive, yes HATING. There is hardly a friendly, mature person here you can talk to. Most Hivers ignore you because they are too good for you and see you 'as the annoying noob'. Or like Direfury would say: 'Yeah, I am pretty great'. I mean, how can one person be such arrogant ? In real-life, you would never, you should never talk this way to others.

Others are little children that are way too young to hold serious conversation. So why am I here ...

Hive is dying, some people say ? Then think about a reason.

Glad someone noticed the situation. But please, follow the thread's topic. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Glad someone noticed the situation. But please, follow the thread's topic. :)

And this from someone who is against rules himself and post not matching responds *looking at a certain thread*

Level 21
And this from someone who is against rules himself and post not matching responds *looking at a certain thread*

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally prefer people that may as well be rude, but are at least straightforward about it. This long post of yours looks like stirring up problems where they shouldn't be stirred. Don't like the person? Well, you're usually not obliged to care.
Also, I recommend trying to look at your sayings the way other people would, as I am sure some could find your previous post offensive as well(mostly due to the tone).

On-topic:
I used to be a person that kept to himself way too much, but eventually I've realized that it's harmful to me and my life goals. I still haven't found any one person whom I could trust thoroughly, but that may as well be about setting the bar really high. (or being afraid to get hurt, pick one)
Deep down, I feel that I will always stay a solitary person, as very few can even get to me. However, it doesn't mean that I have to be a gloomy person. I can keep my distance if I wish, while still being friendly and perhaps even loving.
The main thing is to not judge people. It's unlikely that you'll change a person for the better. Rather, the kind of people that try to fix everyone else often appear more problematic themselves.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While I got quite a few friends in school, we don't hang out after school since we're all computer geeks. So I guess I am alone most of the day?

I don't really mind it though, it's calm. I think I prefer it that way in fact, as long as I can talk to people via the internet.

edit:

You're talking to the wrong people dude. I've been ignored a few times too, mainly mods oddly enough (that's beside the point). But in general 99% tend to respond. I mean some of the 'popular' guys got like 300 'friends' (looking at you Cakemaster), many of them being somewhat new.

But I have to admit, you're not the only person who feels that way. I got a VM from someone the other day who said he was surprised that I replied because many 'high-post-users' ignored his VMs.
The VM

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Don't like the person? Well, you're usually not obliged to care.
True. I referred to several situations when 'high-rep' users don't have the manner to deny an ask/request and just ignore you. It is not only personal nature.

I personally prefer people that may as well be rude, but are at least straightforward about it
People who are aware of behaviour and are not controlled by it, fine, that is a less problem for people around this person. But a well-liked high school captain who is rude to minorities is also aware of his behaviour, LIKED for his behaviour.
I am none to judge anyone, but this is cruel, accepting such a behaviour.

This long post of yours looks like stirring up problems where they shouldn't be stirred
some could find your previous post offensive as well
See the relation ? Yours is offensive as well as it decrease the importance of my posts. For you this may be unimportant, for me it isn't. And that leads to:
The main thing is to not judge people

Well, I know it is exaggerated as you only made a friendly recommendations and I get the point of it, but just be aware that yours can be offensive as well, if misunderstood, so don't judge me for being kind of offensive.

Chaosy said:
You're talking to the wrong people dude

The others aren't listening, you know...

While I got quite a few friends in school, we don't hang out after school since we're all computer geeks. So I guess I am alone most of the day?

I don't really mind it though, it's calm. I think I prefer it that way in fact, as long as I can talk to people via the internet.
As coders or gamers? :p

The calm situation.... Is very enjoyable :)

Level 21
We humans are social beings that were created to live together in a community. Probably one of the main reasons for solitude is "modern technology". With these damn mobile phones, online servers, applications like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.. people are starting to see each other in reality less frequently. Some people now even care more about "How many friends do I have on Facebook?" rather than "How many true friends do I have in real life?". The result of this is staying hours attached to the screen of a computer or mobile phone talking to our friends via technology and no more face to face. I also see lonely people holding 24 hours a day a mobile phone chatting continuously instead of talking to real people.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
We humans are social beings that were created to live together in a community. Probably one of the main reasons for solitude is "modern technology". With these damn mobile phones, online servers, applications like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.. people are starting to see each other in reality less frequently. Some people now even care more about "How many friends do I have on Facebook?" rather than "How many true friends do I have in real life?". The result of this is staying hours attached to the screen of a computer or mobile phone talking to our friends via technology and no more face to face. I also see lonely people holding 24 hours a day a mobile phone chatting continuously instead of talking to real people.

You sound like my mother.

What's the difference between chatting with someone from class and meeting up with someone from your class?
I agree that facebook and instagram and so on is shitty though.

LETS put it this way: The less people you chill with, the less bullshit you deal with.

Haha, true enough :p

Level 21
You sound like my mother.

What's the difference between chatting with someone from class and meeting up with someone from your class?

Lol like your mother? That's pretty funny...
Anyway, returning to the main point, there is a difference if you "chat" with a mobile phone and "talk" someone face to face when you meet them. You cannot imagine to whom you're talking to by simply chatting on a server. When I talk to my friends, I prefer to speak to them face to face and not through the screen of an electronic device. You cannot express your emotions by chatting and that's why lonely people tend to be gloomy and quiet if they don't interact with other people.

Level 21
I don't know how many times she brings your arguments up.

OT:
There is something called smileys. They indicate if you're joking, being serious and so on. If you're talking through skype or a phone you can talk just as you're standing in front of a person. If you're really serious about it, use a webcam.

That's not like real-life communication. You can post all the smileys you want, you may type :pPPP all the times you want even if there's nothing that funny but it will never be the same of talking face to face. You will never fully express your emotions. Anyway, I think we went a bit off-topic...

Level 12
Official thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
Lol like your mother? That's pretty funny...
Anyway, returning to the main point, there is a difference if you "chat" with a mobile phone and "talk" someone face to face when you meet them. You cannot imagine to whom you're talking to by simply chatting on a server. When I talk to my friends, I prefer to speak to them face to face and not through the screen of an electronic device. You cannot express your emotions by chatting and that's why lonely people tend to be gloomy and quiet if they don't interact with other people.

Your intense lack of imagination does not explain the difference between "chatting" and "talking."

Sure, online chatting doesn't contain the nuances that face-to-face speaking has, but to say that you absolutely "cannot express your emotions" because of this is pretty stupid. Here's an example: unless you truly believe what you say, I'm sure you can now see that I am expressing mild irritation to your post through certain key words, which is no different from actually speaking at all.

Level 21
Official thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Your intense lack of imagination does not explain the difference between "chatting" and "talking."

Sure, online chatting doesn't contain the nuances that face-to-face speaking has, but to say that you absolutely "cannot express your emotions" because of this is pretty stupid. Here's an example: unless you truly believe what you say, I'm sure you can now see that I am expressing mild irritation to your post through certain key words, which is no different from actually speaking at all.

There's really a big difference you may not notice about real-life speaking and chatting here (no lack of imagination really) yet I'm tired to talk about this topic because this was not my aim at all. My main aim was to say "Due to more technology, we lost that attitude of meeting each other in real-life more frequently"

Status
Not open for further replies.