• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Superbowl (handegg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
The Superbowl is around 12 hours away. This means the roads will be near empty in the US, chicken wings and pizza will be ordered in unbelievable amounts, and wars about international football being better than American football (and vise versa) will rage across the internet. How do you guys feel about this?

Level 25
Worst playcall of the century! WOW.
Yeah, I was a little worried about how the game was going until Seattle started making mistake after mistake, and of course that attempt at a pass. The fighting at the end was also entertaining.
No need to show empathy for 12 years of strife. We won our own type of super bowl on Sunday, December 7 2014.
TickleTackle.jpg

Level 25
i dont think football is a thing outside usa

Football is a massive thing everything else in the world. Handegg, of course, isn't.

- It requires expensive equipment/body armour (lol)
- Playing the game "properly" has a very high chance of brain injury. A head-on collision with another player that's also running as fast as he can is not good for you. In similar games, such as rugby, a properly executed tackle won't injury either player, and dangerous tackles are illegal.

It just seems like such a silly game to me.

Level 34
What is the soccer equivalent of football? Champions League?
What do you mean by that?

For soccer, every nation has it's own league with it's own cup, just like the NFL. Champions league is where soccer is unique. Teams from different nations and in different leagues compete for the prestigious title of Champion. Only the top teams from the different leagues get to compete.

Champions League is only second to World Cup (arguably equals) as the highest achievement for a player or team. It is only in Europe though. There are similar tournaments for other regions, like CONCAF for America (I think).

Level 12
What do you mean by that?

For soccer, every nation has it's own league with it's own cup, just like the NFL.

So do you mean teams compete in their own inter-state league?

Champions league is where soccer is unique. Teams from different nations and in different leagues compete for the prestigious title of Champion. Only the top teams from the different leagues get to compete.

Yup. That was what I was thinking. The champions or top teams from each state compete with each other. Europe to soccer is how the entire country of America is to football.

Champions League is only second to World Cup (arguably equals) as the highest achievement for a player or team. It is only in Europe though. There are similar tournaments for other regions, like CONCAF for America (I think).

I'd say they're two separate achievements. One of for your country and the other is for your club. Some, albeit very few, players prefer one or the other.

Sorry. Have no idea how American football works.

Level 34
Do we have a lot of football fans on here? North London and Madrid derbies are tomorrow.
I barely follow Europe football, although I somewhat follow Chelsea. North American teams start up in March. Can't wait.

But why there are so many handegg sports played in any part of the world, you have rugby, american football, australian football, even canadian football? All of them are heavily played in their country, with a lot of money turning around, but these countries barely play a handegg sport which don't belong to them.

While football is united, basically no variation exists, maybe beach football and futsal, but these are minor sports.

Level 15
What a disgusting piece of pandering aimed at the lowest common denominator. Looks like straight out of "Idiocracy". Also, the "banned commercial" thing is a great trick for creating social media hype without actually having to pay for the commercial spot to air it. Bravo.

Agreed. Carls Jr. isn't doing too great. Their marketing relies on cheap trash like this, and they're having all sorts of internal problems with management. They've had a number of executives straight up quit and leave. If they keep going on like this, they probably won't be around too much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.