• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strategy, Diplomacy, and Risk Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
*THE GROUP HAS BEEN CREATED HERE*

Hello everyone, I got permission to post this here. Please post here if you are interested in joining this upcoming group. Below is copy & pasted information.

The groups topics will be of games like Azeroth Wars, TSoL, Risk Next Generation, and new maps such as Conquest. Of couse, every thread won't be about particular maps. This also creates a way for Diplomunion.com (3rd most active WC3 site) and Hiveworkshop.com (Most active WC3 site) [EDIT: Also: RiskNextGen.com] users to connect more.

Reason for me wanting to create this group: I know many people that dislike slow RPGs with just farming creeps, and got hooked into fast paced RTS like games with large armies, powerful heroes, and strategic map layouts. We must stand together against WoW. Jk.

We can also create arrangements to play online if people have trouble hosting there own games, and no one joins.

The group will be a public group, and the topics don't have to be strictly about Strategy, Diplomacy and Risk. I would like if topics are atleast related to the main objective of the group.

Thanks in advance, -SCN

EDIT: Here are some games that are popular online (my sources are Battle.net West and makemehost.com) in these game types, and I have played most of them.

Spawn-based Strategy

Broken Alliances
The Scourge of Lordaeron/Glory of the Horde/Lordaeron Tactics
War of the 12 Kingdoms
A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones

Conquest Strategy

Azeroth Wars LR/WotE/AE/others
Dark Ages of WarCraft
Greece
Servant War

Risk

Risk Next Generation
Risk Devolution
Middle Earth Risk/LOTR Risk
Cataclysm Risk/WoW Risk

Builders

Heroes and Empires
Village Builder / Empire Builder
LOTR Builder
Castle Builder

Diplomacy (Ones that focus mostly on Diplomacy, as most games above count as this)

Europe at War / Europe at War Zombies
Alternative Future
American Colonization
Lords of Europe

Defense vs Offense* (Not to be confused with the offense game-type in the filter)
Coming of the Horde
Eras Zombie Invasion
Battle for Middle Earth
LOTR the ring wars

Altered melee* Should not be to slow paced, too similar to normal melee. Example, fast paced games such as terrens Rise of the Creeps

Role Play* Roleplay games like LOAP do not fit in this category. As others say, Titan Land would work out for this. Many games above can be roleplayed)

New maps that have elements of strategy maps. For example, I create a map with control points, fast unit production, and strategic terrain layouts. I may create a thread about that map at the group as well.

Last edited:
Level 16
We can also create arrangements to play online if people have trouble hosting there own games, and no one joins.

well, I dont mind playing online, so I'm in XD
though I might not be that active for the next few days or so

RTS like games
btw, what is RTS? Let me have a guess, Real time strategy? that what only comes to my mind
Edit: I am number 8 in this thread, excluding the OP

Be sure to be noted that groups require their leader activity to keep the group well maintained, most group tend to become inactive because of being unmaintained, keep this in mind, SCN.
You have been informed.

~Daffa the Mage

As for the actual joining : NO, unless you need more people. I'm not that enjoying Strategy or Risk games, I love fast paced, friendly and simple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.