• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smoking

Do you smoke ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
231c476fec2d8470a5ea81935413cfc1.jpg

I'm not sorry.

Level 12
Smocking is bad and give adiction and it is very unhealthy . Even if i want , i cant because i am a football player.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Smoking is a decision an individual makes.

In late -13 I made a threat "Disliking others' youtube comments", where I made a conclusion on handling unjusticeful situations: "If it's avoidable, avoid it".

Let's apply it onto "Should I start smoking?":
Saying no to smoking because it's avoidable is not enough. We don't know which one is the justiceful decision; to smoke or not to smoke. For me at least, I've been taught at school that smoking is unhealthy, so I know it's justiceful not to smoke. So in this case the unjusticeful decision, to smoke, is avoidable, I should avoid it.

How about on "Should I tell my friend to stop smoking?":
Telling your friend to stop because you don't value it is not justiceful, it's selfish: you're applying your own set of values into his perspective, and you should never do so. We all value things individually, so the chance of someone justifying smoking is very high. First you should know whether (s)he values smoking, or is that person just addicted and can't find healthier source of the addicting matter. If it's the first one, you should respect his/her decision, if it's the latter one, you should try to help him/her in some way.

Level 35
There is also cancerous thirdhand smoke, which clings to objects near the smoker.

Yeah, we smokers are like walking corpses with an infectious aura of death around everything we touch.

I think we should wear identification badges so that people don't get 5 meters within our deadly emission, we should also be forbidden to use pavements.

Yeah, we smokers are like walking corpses with an infectious aura of death around everything we touch.
It's not that bad you know, just as long you keep your breath to you. Gum is a fine friend.

I think we should wear identification badges so that people don't get 5 meters within our deadly emission

All's good if you consult your doctor once in awhile to check up if one of your lungs is still in one piece.

Level 35
Any will to resist?

Nah, I'm satisfied with the current political spectrum.

Most of the smokers even do cigs, because they want to look like grown-ups and cool, but smoking is dumb. It has no positive effects so what is the point of doing it?

Yeah, totally. When I became 30 I thought "fuck, having wrinkles, an aging body and a full beard is not enough, I'll start smoking because that is what's missing from looking like a grown-up!"

Tell you what, most smokers are above 20.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Tell you what, most smokers are above 20.

I think that's somewhat debatable. There are smokers that are 20-60 years old(or even older)

However the teenagers that Zaramorus seems to be talking about are 13-19? which makes comparing them in raw numbers 'unfair' to say the least since there are more adults than teenagers to start with.

If you compare by percentage, I think it's more common that teenagers smoke in order to look cool or whatever. (hell if I know)

Level 22
Most of the smokers even do cigs, because they want to look like grown-ups and cool, but smoking is dumb. It has no positive effects so what is the point of doing it?
Nope, smoking makes the smoker "feel good". That's a positive effect in my opinion.

Level 35
I think that's somewhat debatable. There are smokers that are 20-60 years old(or even older)

However the teenagers that Zaramorus seems to be talking about are 13-19? which makes comparing them in raw numbers 'unfair' to say the least since there are more adults than teenagers to start with.

If you compare by percentage, I think it's more common that teenagers smoke in order to look cool or whatever. (hell if I know)

He said:

Most of the smokers even do cigs[...]

I don't see an age defined. "Most of the smokers" means a subset containing most smokers in the set of all smokers.

Level 9
Well maybe in America things are different, but alot of smokers and alchohol drinkers are under 20 in Estonia.
Edit: So i looked a statistic and its insane (these are Estonia statistics in 2007):
15-16 year old drinkers:
6% have never tried alcohol
55% have atleast once been drunk
28% had drank 3 or more times alcohol in 30 days.
But now back to ontopic:
Here in Estonia ever fifth of 14-18 year olds smoke everyday and about 355 000 over 16 year olds smoke everyday.

Level 12
@Zaramorus . WoW , that is very bad . I think that because Esthonia is near Russia , esthonian people learnt russian habits : drinking a lot of vodka .

Level 9
@Zaramorus . WoW , that is very bad . I think that because Esthonia is near Russia , esthonian people learnt russian habits : drinking a lot of vodka .
Estonia is next to Russia, but Russia aint the craziest in drinking alchohol. Finland is the craziest. And what is even creepier is that i dont like that Estonia is so close to Russia, because of the shit that is going on right now in Ukraine.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't see an age defined. "Most of the smokers" means a subset containing most smokers in the set of all smokers.

Even if he didn't use those exactly those words, if you read between the lines he seems to speak about teenagers or very young adults.

If that isn't the case, I admit that you're correct.

So where you live?
this. I've always heard of smoking as 'global problem' of sorts.

Level 36
LOL

I have no words.

Apparently, you did :)

It's always entertaining to watch how such fits always happen because of
misunderstandings, misinterpretation and a false sense of knowing.
- I guess it's human nature.

Concerning the topic, I once heard a fellow say:

"Those who smoke die when they're 80, those who don't wish they did."

Status
Not open for further replies.