• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scream reboot

Which mask is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Ok guys, I need your opinion.
We all know (those who watched) about Scream movies 1,2,3,4. Ghostface killer, creepy voice, phone calls, Sidney Prescott and her teammates in every movie part etc etc... Those are common stuff.

Now, MTV is releasing their Scream series, which supposed to be reboots or something. Some Lakewood place with troublesome past, serial killer appears among teenagers and start killing them (modern kids, Iphones and such). What is more interesting ,which pissed off many older fans of franchisee is that they removed iconic stuff which represent Scream movies even today: Iconic Ghostface mask!
They added new one. And no longer that voice actor representing masked killer in all 4 movies.

This was old mask
oldscr10.jpg

And now, this is new mask
newscr10.jpg

So, what do you think. Which one is better?
Post opinion about it please and also what do you think about reboot anyway, I would even add poll

DOUBLE POST WITH PURPOSE. I did not want to interrupt first post which was supposed to be question and explanations with my own private opinions.

My personnel opinion:
1.WTF? When you see old mask and costume anywhere in any store, you remember immediately of Scream movies. That was iconic for halloween parties around world. Even today. So Scream without original Ghostface killer mask and his voice actor is not Scream. They should call it something else.
So Old mask definitively.
2. MTV is making it. MTV=Music television (since they started with reality shows and now producing series, I doubt they can do something big here)
3. No famous actor. Just modern new ,,rising stars''
4. Lakewood or something. Classical. How many movies we have seen where you have lake + wood + town name seen while there is some serial killer around? So not original much, this one will melt with others too and get forgotten very quickly.
4. Overally it will be just decent. If that much even.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
TheLordOfChaos201, lol you got me first. I'd say the same about the head part, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, they could have just decided to make it more psychopathic. Since the kids & teens (such as us) during those 90's horror flicks are old enough to see this movie in a more mature, or grotesque appeal. Instead of this producing this cheap-ass BDSM wear.

2. MTV is making it. MTV=Music television

No wonder why it should be like that, MTV has done quite a lot of stupid and useless shows to dumb down society. Good thing Megas XLR did not end up from their leashes.

And now, this is new mask
newscr10.jpg

So, what do you think. Which one is better?
That one says 'Imma fuck you over and you can't do shit 'bout it because you'll laugh your ass off at its sight'. p'-p'
The old one was better, though it looked like some shit-faced twelvie made it, it gave that sense of mixed-scary feelings compared to the new one.

That mask looks horrible.
That's just yiffable.

Actually, wow. I didn't mind the new mask until someone pointed out it looked like a blowjob face.
:V
What kind of person watches any of this anyway?!
Nostalgic guys that love the series...oh wait :"d

Last edited:
Level 9
Oh god, will they ever leave anything alone?

The old mask is better, I just laugh like a maniac when I saw the new one.

Level 19
I just realised something fundamentally flawed. What is wrong with us! We are basing a movie on the quality of a mask!!!

Have we learnt nothing from Martian Luther king! It is not the quality of the mask but the content of our HD TVs.

Shame on you, shame on me. Shame on us all! We should learn not to judge solely on the apparent of the blow job face, but also on how well they can perform the task.

Blow job face. I am sorry, we look forward to your role on the big screem =)
Don't disappoint us, be scare and now... blow jobby '_' because that would be gross

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I just realised something fundamentally flawed. What is wrong with us! We are basing a movie on the quality of a mask!!!

Have we learnt nothing from Martian Luther king! It is not the quality of the mask but the content of our HD TVs.

Shame on you, shame on me. Shame on us all! We should learn not to judge solely on the apparent of the blow job face, but also on how well they can perform the task.

Blow job face. I am sorry, we look forward to your role on the big screem =)
Don't disappoint us, be scare and now... blow jobby '_' because that would be gross

Quit trolling.

Level 34
Oh sorry guys for later reply.

Someone actually voted for the new mask, Haosis, why didn't you make it a public poll so we can see who voted for the new mask?
Yeah, that was my bad. I intended to have public poll, but I did not saw option for that. This is not something important that should be hidden, I will just send PM to Ralle to create poll public.

Hmmmm, if they fix that new mask mouth, it could have been better but still not as good as the iconic ghostface.
Yeah, I think same.

People I saw only first episode. Basically it is some town, high school, kids with their tablets. Some girl had kissing/date with another girl, so lesbians in actions, someone recorded it and sent to youtube, then killing started. Also town is revealing it's dark history by some mutated ugly man whosedid something, and local folsk killed him, so he wants revenge now after many years (classic storyline), and now someone is abusing that story (ghostface killer perhaps)...
I do not know... Beneath decent, but mask ruined it..
MTV god damn

Level 34
Oh sorry guys, I did not have connection last few days (during lightning my network card got fried, so I needed to buy new one), but Ralle made poll visible for public meanwhile.
We can see votes. Seems that LordDz only voted for new mask. Yeah, his right because it is matter of taste, but seems that 17 people are prefer over old mask. And its not here case only... Same happens everywhere that people are displeased with new mask as break to trademark of franchisee.
So Shar Dundred, they fucked up pretty much eh? But interest fact is that people are spitting over series how it is fucked up around net, but it is rated 7.5 at IMDB so far! More than first movie (7.2)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
No wonder why it should be like that, MTV has done quite a lot of stupid and useless shows to dumb down society. Good thing Megas XLR did not end up from their leashes.
They only screwed it up in the later 00's with droning reality shows for basement coach potatoes with as much hopeless dreams in their head as unwiped shit in their adult diapers

When they ran shit like Beavis and Butthead, Celebrity Death Match, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Æon Flux, all the way to the "I wanna dip my balls in it!" catch phrases on The State, all was right with the world

There was also The Grind, which made your pants jingle like christmas for reasons you couldn't figure out yet

Status
Not open for further replies.