• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rules are Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I have seen lots of maps have been posted in the pending section. Not all of them are being awared that our site has specific rules for posting a resource. Moreover, there are getting more and more pending resources that can't be approved. Moderaters are also lacking nowadays. So anyways to solve these problems? Just to discuss about. How to make them to read the rules?

Level 22
You can't force them to read the submission guidelines and rules lol. It's just like how a lot of people ignore the EULA (myself included) when installing an application software.

Last edited:
Level 21
@Chobibo. I like your avatar and I ignore the EULA aswell.

OT:I also think the people don't read the rules,especialy the rules about descriptions. But I agree with chobibo,we can't force them. If they want their maps aproved,they must follow the rules. If not,its their problem

Level 30
I made a discussion about slamming the rules on the face whenever a new user got registered, it failed miserably.

Still, reading the site rules about important areas of the site is very much compulsory, if you followed every one congratulations but if you do not good luck.

Also the map section's pending resources is quickly getting lower.

Level 32
About the message on my wall:
Actually, it is a lot lower than it usually is. In fact, it's usually around 3-5 pages (now it's one). So, no worries. At this rate, maps are usually approved, rejected, or set to needs fix in less than 2 weeks after uploaded instead of months. Also keep in mind that maps are uploaded daily and needs fix maps automatically get put back into the pending section if they are updated.

On Topic:
I do agree we should put rules in front of users faces though. May someone move this to SD?

Last edited:
Level 21
I also think this should be moved to SD. I also agree the quality of the pending section is going lower.I find making good descriptions easy

Level 21
Are you implying the contrary with that?

...and we will always have. No matter how well the rules are seen by majority, there always will be somebody brighter around.
I love the brighter part. Its been a while since I heard sarcasm. People are too serious ;)

Level 28
You can't do anything about that. Even I didn't read it when I first uploaded my first few maps(its not like I read it either after that). People will follow it eventually with or without reading it if they decided to stick around like I did. Putting it on their face won't really solve the problem it is human nature to ignore this kind of stuffs.

Level 30
there always will be somebody brighter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    219.6 KB · Views: 268
Level 32
Fellow RACC member Soviet said:
Off-topic: Recently, I saw some users salesman advertising in the Hive Workshop......they create advertising threads all around
Recently there has been more, they do however get banned very quickly.

Chaosy said:
seriously though, the standards are higher. If we're talking about the map section I really don't see any problem with the pending maps. You really have to do something wrong if you map wont get approved lol

Well, it depends what your definition of wrong is. If wrong is breaking a rule, yes it will be rejected/put to needs fix AKA await update.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

All of those are super obvious. You're telling me I have to select the correct category for my map?

You don't say?
1310575744201.png

The only 'troublesome' ones are the following:
rules said:
Average quality standard:
A certain amount of quality is required, the gameplay needs to be somewhat fun, the terrain must not be lacking and a bit of originality should be present.
Note: Replicas are not allowed! (e.g. Changing something from Dota 'Adding new heroes and items, but still keeping some of the old ones')
Efficient triggering:
The triggering needs to be efficient and mostly leakless.

And that's not really high standards if you ask me, the standards in the other sections are waaay higher. But it's still higher than it was many years ago, I will admit that.

Level 21
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

All of those are super obvious. You're telling me I have to select the correct category for my map?

You don't say?
1310575744201.png

The only 'troublesome' ones are the following:

And that's not really high standards if you ask me, the standards in the other sections are waaay higher. But it's still higher than it was many years ago, I will admit that.
How bad exactly was the standers back then?

@SCN. I think it should be rejected not moved to needs fix. And remove that usere title!your sounding like Mythic...

Level 32
The standards were very low (maps had no descriptions, quality didn't matter too much unless it's a blank map), then high (maps rejected on the spot), and now it's medium (users have to follow the rules but they have time to fix things)

What is this 'it' you speak of?

No, I'm not changing it. I know it sounds something James would do :ogre_hurrhurr:

Don't forget the approved rule breaker maps,i mean a popular map that have only on the description the words"this is not my map i have the map just upload here for you guys to have it(something like that)" so the rules are already broken publicly...with the support of moderators.
P.S. i can't remmber the name of the map but i'm sure that are more types of approved maps in this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.