• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rest in peace, TDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
It's not often that these kinds of threads are made or posted, and indeed it's not really something you ever want to have to post. But we're not afforded the luxury of choice in these situations. I'm posting this because recently a member of our community passed away.

Tudor Golu was a very talented graphic designer and animator. A very good musician, an awesome addition to our community and most of all a great friend. On Tuesday, he succumbed to burn injuries sustained during a fire at a nightclub in Romania. There's some more information here, but I'm not fluent enough in Romanian to attempt a good enough translation. If you're able to provide a good write up, please get in touch.

Keep his family, friends, and memory in your thoughts.

RIP, Tudor Golu.

Level 21
He was a great, super-talented guy. It's incredibly sad that he's passed, and more so I can't help but be angry at the situation. Such a waste of life. The death count in that fire is up to 51. This same exact incident has occurred before multiple times, and in all cases it's a matter of huge negligence on part of the club owners.

I hadn't spoken to TDR in quite awhile, but he was a guy that taught me a lot of what I know about more advanced modeling techniques. I owe a lot of my progression in digital art to him.

Level 36
I will raise a glass to his memory this evening.

Such a sad loss, I never directly knew him either, but I loved his style and his persona.
I always imagined he would become one among the great artists of the 21st century.

My thoughts and condolences goes out to all who knew him.

Roland

R

Roland

Condolence for all the deceased people, So as TDR, He was the greatest artist i've ever seen his art is unique and exquisite.. I just... Wanted to talk to him just for once.. really.

Master, why.. I love you so much for your gruesome inspiration :'( :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 51
Phew that hit really hard. I didn't know him personally either but admired his work and was always eager to check his thread for new stuff. He just seemed like a firm and steady man with the creative mind of a freak, and that was something I really liked. I always thought that the drawings in my school books were to look like his, if I could actually draw good.

Rest in piece.

Level 14
I'd just like to say this in his memory because I know a lot more details about this fire than most.

The night club party was actually an album release show for a Metalcore band called "Goodbye to Gravity" and the only reason that fire happened is because the owner of the night club paid off the prime minister of Romania to ignore safety precautions. Pyrotechnics from the show ignited, over 200 people were burned and three members of the band are dead as well.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because TDR's death wasn't in vein, the Prime Minister resigned and was arrested along with multiple of the night club owners for basically causing the deaths of over 50 people and injuries of over 200. There's a huge political uprising in Romania now because of this.

It might bring solace to whoever may read this thread that the ones responsible for this tragedy have been arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.