• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picture/Photo Thread

Started playing Destiny 2 the other day, from Blizzard's free giveaway. Here's my character hard at work.
shot02-png.311116

shot03-png.311117

shot01-png.311118

Attachments

• shot02.png
    shot02.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 437
  • shot03.png
    shot03.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 426
  • shot01.png
    shot01.png
    760.2 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Level 51

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190807-171554.png
    Screenshot_20190807-171554.png
    2 MB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20190807-171543.png
    Screenshot_20190807-171543.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 174
  • Constants and Variables1-w.jpg
    Constants and Variables1-w.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: San
Level 51
Ouch.

Your *Mom*? Huh! She plays?

Nope, not at all haha. I explained her the story and showed her a billion pictures of references, characters and art. Then I said: I want the lighthouse in it, the rest is up to you.

She came up with the picture above (which is a woodcut btw, not a drawing per se) and I couldn't be more happier with it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's not terribly uncommon nowadays, anyway: My father games and has been gaming since 2001 or so, and I have friends my age (20s) whose parents and sometimes extended family game.
You know it's funny I should even express surprise, because you're right; whether console, PC, or even just phone games, this generation of kids is being raised by Gamers, by and large.

Heck, I've already played Super Mario World on the SNES with my 4.5-year-old son, and they love watching me play almost anything from Minecraft to Overwatch (often I'll play in pubs with their 'help', having them choose my hero every time I die. I'm sure that makes my team-mates happy. xD)

Level 35
You know it's funny I should even express surprise, because you're right; whether console, PC, or even just phone games, this generation of kids is being raised by Gamers, by and large.

Heck, I've already played Super Mario World on the SNES with my 4.5-year-old son, and they love watching me play almost anything from Minecraft to Overwatch (often I'll play in pubs with their 'help', having them choose my hero every time I die. I'm sure that makes my team-mates happy. xD)

That somehow makes you sound a lot older than I believe you to be (Although, I guess I am basing that on the age of warcraft and myself :con:). But as to the point indeed and they have actually been for years. We need to remember that games have been growing in popularity since I guess the release of pong in 1972, which is 47 years ago, so even some grandparents can have grown up as gamers :grin:

Bioshock tatoo custom designed by my mother :smile: The bottom part with rapture is unfinished though.

Nice work, and the personal touch is just icing on top of the cake. I do hope you plan to post the final result :smile: (Also thanks for sating my curiosity).

For those of us that does not recognize it and is still curious, what was the TV-show?
Every year a christmas series is aired in sweden, 24 episodes, christmas themed, aimed towards families.
In 1996, it was "Mysteriet på Greveholm" (translated to "The Mystery of Greveholm"). A family stays at this castle, it's haunted, amazing CGI skeletons scare children and it's a fun time for all :p

This series was loved and remembered (at least in my family) so when we realised that we were somewhat close to it, we had to go there, take pictures and say "haha, we're here!", like a good brother.

Level 35
Every year a christmas series is aired in sweden, 24 episodes, christmas themed, aimed towards families.
In 1996, it was "Mysteriet på Greveholm" (translated to "The Mystery of Greveholm"). A family stays at this castle, it's haunted, amazing CGI skeletons scare children and it's a fun time for all :p

This series was loved and remembered (at least in my family) so when we realised that we were somewhat close to it, we had to go there, take pictures and say "haha, we're here!", like a good brother.

Ah thank you. Also you forgot to mention that it had 2 pc games made about it :smile: and interesting to see that the popularity this saw, to an extend is Swedens version of Pyrus julekalenderen (In Denmark).