• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The pathway of becoming a good Hiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

1. Be present/ active and help other users with constructive feedback and solving questions.
2. Contribute to the community, as InfernalTater already said, with everything you can do.
3. Spread positive mood, but give honest opinions, keeping a civil tone
4. Don't break the rules.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
1. Be present/ active and help other users with constructive feedback and solving questions.
2. Contribute to the community, as InfernalTater already said, with everything you can do.
3. Spread positive mood, but give honest opinions, keeping a civil tone
4. Don't break the rules.
5. post ponies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The Top Ten to become a good Hiver:

1. Read and follow Hive's rules.
2. If you contribute something to Hive, be open for criticism since people only want to help you and "failing" allows you to improve a lot.
3. Keep a civil tone.
4. Don't be an asshole and don't annoy other people.
5. READ THE FUCKING RULES! Seriously!
6. Don't troll around.
7. READ. THE. RULES. GODDAMNIT. I don't give a damn if you think it's boring, too many complain about rejected ressources even though they break rules.
8. Be able to use the english language in a way that allows others to understand you.
9. Don't create senseless threads.
10. READTHEFUCKINGRULESALREADYGODFUCKINGDAMNIT!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Stay cool and respect the demon slayer whatever happens. And what the others said above this.... XD

You'd have to define what you mean by "Good Hiver". If the definition is what you're looking for, then why would you call it "Good Hiver"?

If he's asking for the definition of what a "Good Hiver" is, and defines what a "Good Hiver" is so that people can answer his question in proper context, then wouldn't that mean he doesn't need to ask the question in the first place?

That being said, "Good Hiver" is indeed quite a subjective term. But still, it's obvious what he meant.

I don't know why "Good Hiver" should be a subjective term because the meaning would be glaring to me in any context but never mind...

It can mean anything if you're purposely trying to misinterpret it for the sake of making the OP look like a fool, but if you're genuinely reading his post and not trying to point out logical fallacies, it's obvious what it means, yes.

However, "Good Hiver" is indeed a subjective term. I could explain the philosophy behind this, but for quick reference, google "real irishman fallacy", it is basically the same thing. That being said, I think it's pointless to question this in the first place. Yes, it's subjective, and yes, it's still quite obvious what he means. Both sides are right and both sides have no reason to argue in the first place.

Level 21
It can mean anything if you're purposely trying to misinterpret it for the sake of making the OP look like a fool, but if you're genuinely reading his post and not trying to point out logical fallacies, it's obvious what it means, yes.

However, "Good Hiver" is indeed a subjective term. I could explain the philosophy behind this, but for quick reference, google "real irishman fallacy", it is basically the same thing. That being said, I think it's pointless to question this in the first place. Yes, it's subjective, and yes, it's still quite obvious what he means. Both sides are right and both sides have no reason to argue in the first place.

Much better not to discuss that, I agree.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Start off as a completely arrogant dyslexic ***. Become a moderator because the site is desparate then be promoted to administrator. Do a couple of stuff which is irresponsible then end up demoted to modetator. Get yourself fired because you compare new moderators to fantastic award winning Marvel super heroes. Get yourself hired again by someone like yourself a few years ago who is administrator. Finally get yourself fired for no reason because the person who hired you messed up (like you did). Then just sit back and laugh because you were only a teenager back then and now are an adult and have grown up.

End up 10 odd years later with the most posts, and pretty much the most rep. At this stage you are so respected that you have achieved your initial goals.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Start off as a completely arrogant dyslexic ***. Become a moderator because the site is desparate then be promoted to administrator. Do a couple of stuff which is irresponsible then end up demoted to modetator. Get yourself fired because you compare new moderators to fantastic award winning Marvel super heroes. Get yourself hired again by someone like yourself a few years ago who is administrator. Finally get yourself fired for no reason because the person who hired you messed up (like you did). Then just sit back and laugh because you were only a teenager back then and now are an adult and have grown up.

End up 10 odd years later with the most posts, and pretty much the most rep. At this stage you are so respected that you have achieved your initial goals.
Or just don't be Dr Super Good. Worked for me. ;D

It's actually on my "not to do"-list:

- grow older
- procreate
- be Dr Super Good
- write a "to-do" list

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Bah... Just respect the demon slayer. Its the best way...

Level 21
Basically you just have to read and follow the rules as well as not only respecting Ralle and moderators but other regular members as well.

Basically you just have to read and follow the rules as well as not only respecting Ralle and moderators but other regular members as well.
That's certainly a lie.

Rage at least once at newbies after seeing the same old stupid question thread that proves they didn't learn shit in the meantime.
Ignore certain individuals in chat and forums for being special.
Also be a smart-ass with a staff dude and get neg-reped(and kicked if possible) for being annoying.

The helping people around stuff is totally useless most of the time.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The 'helping people stuff' does not work out because there are some users giving a damn about other users and opinions.

The 'helping people stuff' does not work out because there are some users giving a damn about other users and opinions.

I know that that way specifically aimed at me and I'll just say this: A user can dismiss/heed any opinion that other users give at will. There's nowhere written that you are forced/obliged to hear every opinion and/or stupid post!

Now bugger off.

Last edited:
Level 21
I disagree with Heinvers. The *helping stuff* is actually what makes one a good Hiver. Most of the rep many users like myself have come from helping people. For example, most of my rep comes from map reviews (hence feedback on maps) and answering questions in WEHZ + Triggers and Scripts. Behaving like a bad person, mocking a staff member and getting neg repped isn't certainly what will make you a good or even true Hiver.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I know that that way specifically aimed at me and I'll just say this: A user can dismiss/heed any opinion that other users give at will. There's nowhere written that you are forced/obliged to hear every opinion/stupid post!

Now bugger off.

You are not forced to listen to anyone. As I already said multiple times before, you can simply ignore users posting stuff you don't want to listen to. That's not my point tho.

You simply attack and insult users for no reason, using hard language, there are more than enough examples where you use an impolite and rude language users can take as offensive. Do you care ? No, you don't.
You continue being ..., well, the rules prevent me from using the word, but I guess you know what I mean.
There is no reason to behave like a bad person here.

You should add me to your ignore list, aren't you tired to hear my newbish and annoying opinion ?
We both know you give a fuck about me and my opinion.

I disagree with Heinvers. The *helping stuff* is actually what makes one a good Hiver. Most of the rep many users like myself have come from helping people. For example, most of my rep comes from map reviews (hence feedback on maps) and answering questions in WEHZ + Triggers and Scripts. Behaving like a bad person, mocking a staff member and getting neg repped isn't certainly what will make you a good or even true Hiver.

If you say so.

You are not forced to listen to anyone. As I already said multiple times before, you can simply ignore users posting stuff you don't want to listen to. That's not my point tho.

You simply attack and insult users for no reason, using hard language, there are more than enough examples where you use an impolite and rude language users can take as offensive. Do you care ? No, you don't.
You continue being ..., well, the rules prevent me from using the word, but I guess you know what I mean.
There is no reason to behave like a bad person here.

You should add me to your ignore list, aren't you tired to hear my newbish and annoying opinion ?
We both know you give a fuck about me and my opinion.

Insult? Making someone annoying and dick is barely an insult these days if you ask me.
So now I'm the bad person here? Wonderful just wonderful.
Thank you, now I shall forever be known as Heinvers the bad user that flames other users. Much appreciated.
I don't think that being mean instead of nice is prohibited by rules and whatever things you can think of these days.

Who says that I do or don't ignore you? How do you even tell anyway?
What if I do give a flying fuck about your opinion? Does that matter so much to you? Or what if I don't? Same story in this case.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I was one of you, I took everything here way too seriously, like it's my RL. Now I've been away for a month or so and then I realize, wtf I'm doing here? THW is just a forum not a reality. Once I cried begging for forgiveness for doing this and that but now I regret everything, that was absolutely fuking stupid thing to do. It's up to you to be annoying bastard or charming sweet heart, eventually, nobody give a shit. I'm 100% agree with Heinvers here. Let's swear around bitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.