• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Negative reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
karassu, I'm giving you a rep to bully you

lawl tempted me to post
You mean some kinds of dislikes?

Maybe visible permanent infractions (not the ones that can lead to a ban) ?

Er, too punishing. The way I see it, the reason (most) infractions are permanent is that people can change.

OT (OP): Perhaps a sign when they mouse-over neg-rep telling them it's not harmful material?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ralle cyber bullied me once long ago by taking away all of my reputation points. now all I have is a measly 144. I haven't been the same since. I cry myself to sleep.

if you support my cause, please re-tweet

#justiceforsteelstallion
Why did he take your rep away?

Level 23
Ralle cyber bullied me once long ago by taking away all of my reputation points. now all I have is a measly 144. I haven't been the same since. I cry myself to sleep.

if you support my cause, please re-tweet

#justiceforsteelstallion

lol. I just red trolman's rep comment from this post. Anyway maybe you did something wrong, did you?

Last edited:
I disagree, based on my personal experience. When I first signed up here, my reputation kept getting lower and lower and lower. Most of my posts were requests, blocks of smilies, double posts, or necroposts. I was making no positive contributions to the site aside from the occasional nonconstructive comment praising another user's model or skin. I think I received positive reputation once in the time I was using that account. Eventually I figured maybe I was being a bit of a moron and that maybe I should try to act with a bit more professionalism. The reputation system isn't the best, and it can certainly be abused, but it is a small deterrent against poor behavior, and can give others incentive to contribute to the site.

Level 21
Most of my posts were requests, blocks of smilies, double posts, or necroposts. I was making no positive contributions to the site aside from the occasional nonconstructive comment praising another user's model or skin. I think I received positive reputation once in the time I was using that account. Eventually I figured maybe I was being a bit of a moron and that maybe I should try to act with a bit more professionalism.
Yeah,me too.

On-topic:You wouldn't get neg-repped if you follow the site rules.Yeah,it could create negative feelings but still,if you followed the rules it wouldn't have happend

Level 27
Like we all know, cyberbulling occurred in all parts of this world. All website has cyberbulling and Hiveworkshop is no exception. Cyberbulling has cause a lot of people fell into depression and many more... Let us take an example: negative reputation. Everyone knows that it is a form of punishment in Hive but the truth is that it doesn't really correct their mistake, instead... they felt sad and negative feelings... so I suggest that. Negative reputation should be banned!

By the way, this is just a dicussion. :)

I can confirm this is true I once had -20 rep and have now successfully killed myself.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Do you really think people who have neg rep care about it, or learn from their mistakes? No.
Even some moderators abuse their power towards us just to give neg rep because someone has double-posted, like if that was something so harmful or what ever.

Level 32
Do you really think people who have neg rep care about it, or learn from their mistakes? No.
I disagree due to personal experience.

Wrda said:
Even some moderators abuse their power towards us just to give neg rep because someone has double-posted, like if that was something so harmful or what ever.

That isn't really protocol anymore.

Level 22
Do you really think people who have neg rep care about it,
Try looking at some mods' vm messages from time to time, you'll see that some do care, some even get hostile for being neg repped lol.

Level 21
Negative reputation is actually a good system of warning other people not to do certain actions. After all, people with a lot of coloured gems (yeah, I mean those with high reputation) are the ones that have success here and are well-known for positive characteristics or am I wrong? I feel that the rule here is "The more rep you have, the more rep you gain" or at least this applied for me. That's why negative reputation is a good idea and a kind of incentive to stop people from breaking the rules.

Level 21
Negative reputation is actually a good system of warning other people not to do certain actions. After all, people with a lot of coloured gems (yeah, I mean those with high reputation) are the ones that have success here and are well-known for positive characteristics or am I wrong? I feel that the rule here is "The more rep you have, the more rep you gain" or at least this applied for me. That's why negative reputation is a good idea and a kind of incentive to stop people from breaking the rules.
I agree with this

I think they care about it but i'm not sure if they will learn from their mistakes

I doubt I have been successful, yet. I haven't rule the site's Spell and/or Map Sections!

Seriously, I think neg rep can be sort of controller for starters as stated before, though if it's not sufficient mods and admins still have the Infracto Guns and Ban Hammer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.