• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Negative reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Like we all know, cyberbulling occurred in all parts of this world. All website has cyberbulling and Hiveworkshop is no exception. Cyberbulling has cause a lot of people fell into depression and many more... Let us take an example: negative reputation. Everyone knows that it is a form of punishment in Hive but the truth is that it doesn't really correct their mistake, instead... they felt sad and negative feelings... so I suggest that. Negative reputation should be banned!

By the way, this is just a dicussion. :)

Level 23
Yes, It does not correct the mistake but it is a sign of notice/warning that if they continue what is against the rules they will be banned from this site but still it makes them think that if they will do it again or not. :) it up to the person which side he/she will be on.

Level 22
It wouldn't be fair to keep the positive rep and not keep the negative rep isn't it? Anyway, if you don't want to be neg repped, follow the site rules. And the purpose of the neg isn't just to punish, it's also to notify you that you have "transgressed the law", so that you would correct yourself. It's your fault if you continue to do misdeeds after receiving one.

Level 22
They'll get a perma ban then if they don't cope up. Anyway, we can't coerce them to comply with the site rules, another reason why negative reputation exists.

"Unable to comply, mischief in progress". Stop playing command and conquer.

Level 22
He was indeed begging for a neg rep, but he didn't really want the neg rep; It was the attention that he wanted so much, he longed for it.

"I long for attention." Stop playing starcraft.

Lol, what has negative reputation per se todo with bullying. It is just an approach to try keep people calm, and make them follow the site rules.

And as mentioned, moderators can use this method for warnings before they use more extreme punishments.

they felt sad and negative feelings
Who da fack cares? It's not hive's job that you feel good, like your mother's! If random kids only troll around and then complain when they get punished, they just don't belong to the site anyways.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just have rep disabled and you don't need to worry about do you get neg rep :) (neg rep = a point given when mod disagrees with you)

But still the neg reputation will stick there forever! There is no forgiveness and chance...

Oh, but you can.

a.) Get 10 rep
b.) Admin Contact

One person's deletion of such completed my theory. Not me though.
(neg rep = a point given when mod disagrees with you)
lol nazis?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

How about give only like 1-2 negative rep instead of like 10?

Level 11
Lol, neg reps are bad? Of course not. If I can only have -1000 reps, those red shinies, that would be my Hive's best day. I think mods should deduct reps more often, like if you make a simple troll, you get -10 neg reps. That would be awesome. It would be nice too if Ralle would give us users the ability to neg rep other peeps.
YES TO REP DEDUCTIONS!

Level 11
He was indeed begging for a neg rep, but he didn't really want the neg rep; It was the attention that he wanted so much, he longed for it.

"I long for attention." Stop playing starcraft.

After using my "Sheer Will Power of Foresighting and Non-Zombification to Unite the Teletubbies", I'm gonna say I do WANT the red rep, but I don't really care that much about the point, I just want my Rep below my username to become red, so a total of -1 Rep would be awesome (But it would add to the excitement if I get something like -500). Who cares about attention, hahaha!

Just to clarify, I'm not begging for it right now, mods told me to stop doing so. Or BAN!

We have infractions too. I use blank rep or neg rep as warnings and then infract after continuous offenses.

Yeah, the blank neg rep's what you did to me last time (-.-) ...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yeah, the blank neg rep's what you did to me last time (-.-) ...
attachment.php

Cute!

Attachments

• YeahCuzRedRepsTheBestRepBITCH!!;o.PNG
    YeahCuzRedRepsTheBestRepBITCH!!;o.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 218
Level 30
Eh, returning to the original discussion at hand. In my own view, neg rep is just a fine way for punishment here since what else could be as an alternative? Proceeding to ban directly is quite uncalled for (except if the member did the worst) and simply plain warnings would not stop some hard-headed members.

Lastly, neg rep should not be taken as cyber bullying of some sort but a way to learn from mistakes.

Level 15
Eh, returning to the original discussion at hand. In my own view, neg rep is just a fine way for punishment here since what else could be as an alternative? Proceeding to ban directly is quite uncalled for (except if the member did the worst) and simply plain warnings would not stop some hard-headed members.

Lastly, neg rep should not be taken as cyber bullying of some sort but a way to learn from mistakes.
Well, that's what you think! Not them! :(

Level 20
And that is why being old or new doesn't mater. What matters is how active you are.

Also wasn't this thread about certain red gem people occasionally get and then bury it in a day with other colored gems? Still think neg rep should be separate from positive rep. Mark of Shame that doesn't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.