• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Majestic Mythology Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I think you need to gather lists from different cultural regions through a search engine search bro. There's also the issue of duplicates like the dragon you mentioned; they have differing functions, behavior and artistic interpretation.

Anyway, I found this with a quick search on google. Good luck.

Level 20
Dungeons and Dragons is a tabletop roleplaying game. It uses quite a lot of mythological creatures as enemies (npcs). Kinda surprised that there are gamers on internet that still didn't know about it.

And actually I would never say mythological creatures were mostly from Europe and even less from Greece. Many Greek creatures (and even few gods) were borrowed from Middle East and Egypt. And of course pretty much every culture in the world had mythological beings.

Oh and Medusa is a personal name and not a species but everyone always makes that mistake.

Level 30
And actually I would never say mythological creatures were mostly from Europe and even less from Greece.

I feel most of the games I've played always have that greek/europe impact in me whenever I play RPG games, Age of Wonders, old Fantasy comic books had strong references through it.

Nevertheless, I'm probably on the wrong side of the page, so I'll agree with you. :grin:

And I'm guessing why few people still haven't reach D&D is because of uprising genre games from different sources of media? its like board games are getting lesser(played at) and having smaller forms now.

Level 20
Well yes western games use mostly Europe mythology (Greek, Germanic, Scandinavian, Celt...) along with occasional middle eastern (examples like Sphinx, Phoenix). In the end Lotr and D&D are usually inspirations for most western games (well any fantasy media) but in japan games obviously is not the case. We still do get more exotic stuff like naga, rakasha, wendigos, Quetzalcoatl.

Well I have never played D&D (born in wrong nation) but it is quite often referenced on internet and many other media.

Status
Not open for further replies.