• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life is shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
life is for having fun, mostly people will only doing things that they like it. Except if they are forced by something.

Realize it or not, deal with it: We live for fun

I totally disagree, It is much deeper than your IgBxz21C91PpTQD7o1v5U6ImBuiv/r9T2X/zlmiCaLPHIbp3f6CbXerA. Sometimes you have no choice, sometimes its not about having fun and sometimes its about the human race. Having fun while others are doing something important for the sake of whole is called being selfish and a hypocrite. Based on the fact that we would still be living in stone ages, it would not be considered as having fun- it will be called surviving. Thats what we are doing, surviving while helping or disturbing others to survive too.

let's have a talk with my darker side of myself :

Life is something that can't be enjoyed without wasting moments. You can decide your fate, either success or failure. No matter what you choose in your life, regret exist in all decisions. There's no correct decision with no consequences.
We humans try to live to it's fullest, trying to attain what seems impossible. Eventually, we all die anyway. What we did in our life will decide what will happen with our names.
One can choose, either to enjoy life as a joyful moment OR see it as a total torture. In each case it will affect one's life greatly.
You can live with hatred, anger, pain and agony OR with love, care, and friendship. Remember, you can write your fate, so you have what you call OPTION.

Anyway, here's some stuffs :
ne we live for reproduction to ensure our survival :p
Heck, we will cease from exist if we don't :D

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Which is fun/enjoyable.
If humen were independent right on birth moment then yeah I'd be reproducing my lil' jondreans erryere, but taking responsibility over a child for 18 years ain't fun >.< I dunno bout you though :/

Level 22
@Dalv Some people like to sour grape though, while some like to wear the "professor" persona lolol.

If humen were independent right on birth moment then yeah I'd be reproducing my lil' jondreans erryere, but taking responsibility over a child for 18 years ain't fun >.< I dunno bout you though :/
That's not reproduction though, you changed the topic.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

That's not reproduction though, you changed the topic.
Reproduction is an act to ensure our race's survival. When it comes to many races including human, you need to take care of your offspring for a certain amount of time, according to your race. Civilized humans need to be taken care of for roughly 18 years, to the time when they move out of your house. After that you might need to still take economic care of them, which is unique to humans.

If you leave your offspring when they are born, you haven't reproduced correctly. Let's say you're the only one left with your kind, with your wife. If you just leave your offspring there, your race will vanish. Even if giving a birth and leaving the newborn there to die would be counted as reproduction, it would be just as effective reproduction as aborted one, doing nothing. This is not only humans as I've already said, many other races need to take care of their offspring too.

But if we were independent right on birth you might see some lil' jondreans there in Philippineans too :) Mind taking care of one? It's the one who likes to eat a lot and only goes downhill, Pilipino bullies call him the rock but luckily he rolled over them now he's running from the cops... oops, I mean rolling :)

Level 36
I totally disagree, It is much deeper than your IgBxz21C91PpTQD7o1v5U6ImBuiv/r9T2X/zlmiCaLPHIbp3f6CbXerA. Sometimes you have no choice, sometimes its not about having fun and sometimes its about the human race. Having fun while others are doing something important for the sake of whole is called being selfish and a hypocrite. Based on the fact that we would still be living in stone ages, it would not be considered as having fun- it will be called surviving. Thats what we are doing, surviving while helping or disturbing others to survive too.

Well, actually, no you don't.
You merely have a different way of seeing it.

Enjoyment, or more scientifically; dopamine, is what we live for, pretty much
whatever we do. Someone struggling to survive, say, in a poor country, or in
a war ravaged location, do so in the hopes of one day experiencing joy.
Obviously the threshold of what "joy" is to such people is much lower than
it is for anyone living in a rich country. And sometimes that threshold is so
ridiculously high that it drives many into suicide.

Those working to secure our future, as you put it, does so because they
want to experience the extreme quantity of dopamine that comes with
feeling that you've done something you'll be remembered for.

Those doing drugs merely want a quick way of experiencing the same,
so in a controversial, though still rather correct, way you could say that
a scientist and a drug addict both work toward the same goal. Only with
different "methods" of achieving it.

In the end, it's all about dopamine, and we experience it differently: Some
experience it from helping others, some from scaling large mountains, some
from being liked by many people and some by enjoying a good book. We're
all slaves to the drug that makes us happy, because without happiness
nothing would be worth living for. This is also true in the case of reproduction,
there are very few "things" in this world that produces more dopamine
than sexual intercourse.

So, you don't disagree. You merely lack the knowledge to have an unbiased
opinion on the matter.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way promoting anything during this post, I'm merely
pointing to examples to make things understandable.

Well, actually, no you don't.
You merely have a different way of seeing it.

Enjoyment, or more scientifically; dopamine, is what we live for, pretty much
whatever we do. Someone struggling to survive, say, in a poor country, or in
a war ravaged location, do so in the hopes of one day experiencing joy.
Obviously the threshold of what "joy" is to such people is much lower than
it is for anyone living in a rich country. And sometimes that threshold is so
ridiculously high that it drives many into suicide.

Those working to secure our future, as you put it, does so because they
want to experience the extreme quantity of dopamine that comes with
feeling that you've done something you'll be remembered for.

Those doing drugs merely want a quick way of experiencing the same,
so in a controversial, though still rather correct, way you could say that
a scientist and a drug addict both work toward the same goal. Only with
different "methods" of achieving it.

In the end, it's all about dopamine, and we experience it differently: Some
experience it from helping others, some from scaling large mountains, some
from being liked by many people and some by enjoying a good book. We're
all slaves to the drug that makes us happy, because without happiness
nothing would be worth living for. This is also true in the case of reproduction,
there are very few "things" in this world that produces more dopamine
than sexual intercourse.

So, you don't disagree. You merely lack the knowledge to have an unbiased
opinion on the matter.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way promoting anything during this post, I'm merely
pointing to examples to make things understandable.

That is a far too simplistic view to take. Whilst you do base it on "facts" it's kind of wrong, in my opinion. Have you ever seen how animals live?

Roland

R

Roland

In my perspective, Life is like a maze, The blocks are like the problems you're reaching and by smashing it as in you've already solved your problem, once you've reached the end of the maze, you'll reach death.

In my perspective, Life is like a maze, The blocks are like the problems you're reaching and by smashing it as in you've already solved your problem, once you've reached the end of the maze, you'll reach death.

If life is a maze then that means you can be immortal, you can get lost forever in the maze hence you can live forever without reaching the end. Why smash blocks (problems) when you can simply ignore or jump over them (if you have legs and hands).

Level 11
Well, it's up to you. That's how life is. Whether you work for yourself or not, one day you'll still die. So before we die, what do we wanna do? Do you wanna die depressed or die happy and satisfied. One example is this thread. You asked for your curiosity or for your project, but why? One day the thoughts will fade with you. See?
And one more thing, having a good life will create a chain reaction. You want your daughter/son to live his/her life so miserable?

Level 14
I just discovered the meaning of life: we're vessels for our genetic material.
We don't spread our DNA, our DNA uses us to spread.

And since DNA doesn't really think or have motives, because it's just a bunch of nucleotides arranged in a specific order, we can conclude that life has no meaning whatsoever.

I just discovered the meaning of life: we're vessels for our genetic material.
We don't spread our DNA, our DNA uses us to spread.

And since DNA doesn't really think or have motives, because it's just a bunch of nucleotides arranged in a specific order, we can conclude that life has no meaning whatsoever.

How is that meaningless?

Level 27
You could opt to take a stand against that generalized mentality though.

You could argue that life is about the journey, that it is about evolving as a person you know that kind of thing.

But once you are dead where does it all go? I could sit here in my room until I die while you could travel the world and do all kinds of things. But does it all matter in the end? Are we not equals when both of us are dead?

It's probably a typical Occams Razor answer.

Level 11
You could argue that life is about the journey, that it is about evolving as a person you know that kind of thing.

But once you are dead where does it all go? I could sit here in my room until I die while you could travel the world and do all kinds of things. But does it all matter in the end? Are we not equals when both of us are dead?

It's probably a typical Occams Razor answer.

You should remember that we humans focus more on the present...
So what? If I will die someday? I wanna eat this cake now. I wanna travel now. I wanna go here or there now. I don't care if I will die one day. Just enjoy the present. Like you, why did you replied to this thread? Does it matter? Or let's say you have a needle penetrated your finger, why would you remove it now? If one day you'll just die. It's because you want to ease the pain and feel comf'table NOW, Right? It's about the present man, the present.

Level 11
@Chobibo, ikaw talagang pus... Oops nevermind, that's funny Pussy Cutie.

To make it shorter:

Let's say you have a needle penetrated your finger, why would you remove it now? If one day you'll just die. It's because you want to ease the pain and feel comf'table NOW, Right? It's about the present man, the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.