• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inspire Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to return to the Hive for a short period of time for the nostalgia trip, in this period of time I'll create as much content as possible, as a last farvel. Just a last thanks for all of the wonderful memories from back then.

So, inspire me! I want to model something epic! However, First I will have to fix the sappers academy i just released in the model section, then I'll have to create the sapper itself and participate in the icon contest, maybe. After that I want to make one final great model, and all of your imput is more than welcome! So yeah, come with your great ideas!

Will, probably, be released next week.

(Ps. Malazan or Wheel of time models gets bonus points, as I love those universes :p)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, there are so many great models I could imagine. Speaking of attachment sets, wing attachments, doodads for interior, forge interior for example. Any kind of awesome and epic HQ models and so on.

Tho, if I would limit to one, I think an attachment set would be very nice, made for the Villager male, I would say.

How about a theme from the modeling contest? Re-imagining? Make the in game Hero(es) with high quality and with your way seeing them. I found it interesting.

That depend on when the Modeling contest is.

Also, I'm not going to make doodads, attachments or icons, as those a way too simple for what I have in mind.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Too simple ?

Then challenge models like Malthael, Queen Azshara or the crusader from Diablo III.
That's probably a bigger challenge, what do you think ?

So you want a challenge? How about a basic character model for attachment-based maps that isn't a villager? We still need a female variant of the villager that fits most existing attachment models. ;)

If possible custom animations because male animations on female models look weird.

Well, that is really just transferring the bones and animations of the many animations villager to a female version. Cavman did that a long time ago, here is the model:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/female-villager-many-animations-135484/

Level 25
d9372236.png

Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.