• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I'm wondering.. or maybe just a little curious.

I was scrolling through 9gag a few hours ago and came upon a post with this gif. (Those two are siblings featured in the cartoon Gravity Falls by Disney) I went to the comments section and saw some people saying such things [Incest] are disturbing or something. Me, I can easily accept incest. I don't find it disturbing and I even think it should be acceptable in the society. But maybe I just have some sort of weird fetish.

So, I wanted to hear of your opinions too. What are your thoughts about incest? If one of your close friends were in such a relationship, would you be able to accept it? Do you find the act disturbing? I'd really like to see the view of other people regarding this topic.

Last edited:
Level 34
I'm going out on a limb and proposing that there is likely psychological issues with it as well. I've never looked it up, but I can't imagine there wouldn't be consequences.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I wonder if all the people saying "No, it causes diseases" would be fine with it if one of the people were infertile, and therefore that wasn't a concern (or something similar). Just hypothetically. I'm guessing most people are just against it because it makes them uncomfortable, not because of the increased risk of genetic problems.

Before everyone rages at me, I am not saying I support it and I am not saying I dislike it, just asking.

P.S. the link is broken

I wouldn't even care if I were exposed. I am exposed to all things I do not agree with or would not do myself, all the time. You have to learn to live with it, and this is the least of problems. What I'd care about is if millions of people started claiming that inbreeding is not problematic in biological sense, and started giving birth to questionable entities due to misinformation. But that'd be pretty far off, possibly a good plot for a movie.

Level 15
Incest is only OK if you are a Targaryen, otherwise it's considered illegal and immoral in almost all modern law and religious codes.

Level 11
Hey GreenWich, I mean GreeN1X, Do you have bros/sis? 'cause if not, I think it's not that bad for you. It's bad if you really have bros/sis and you think incest is awesome. But like I said if you don't have any siblings, I'm sure you sometimes had some wet dreams where you F-bomb a girl. Then you start to think: "Who's that girl that I can F-bomb?" Well the closest one you can is someone you live with under one roof, your bro/sis. Conclusion:
1. If you have siblings = That's super duper ultra mega hyper nano BAD!
2. If you don't have siblings = You're a dreamer who experiments with shits in your head, sometimes you F-bomb your babysitter, sometimes an office mate, sometimes your imaginary brother/sister.

But I'm telling you, if you will ever have a bro/sis in the future, that incest fetish will be gone. That's how it is...

Last edited:
Why are you all so judgmental about OP? i don't think there is any wrong about OP wanting to have sex with his mom or sister. I say go for it OP, take pics.

Level 5
@GreeN!X: I tried to look at the link you uploaded, but I can't see it.. It says its removed :(

Also... Coming from a guy without siblings... Incest to me would be either mating with my mother or father... Both I wouldn't want to do.
I'm disgusted by this thought.

So..
I don't think incest is good.:pird:

Level 14
I wouldn't even care if I were exposed. I am exposed to all things I do not agree with or would not do myself, all the time. You have to learn to live with it, and this is the least of problems. What I'd care about is if millions of people started claiming that inbreeding is not problematic in biological sense, and started giving birth to questionable entities due to misinformation. But that'd be pretty far off, possibly a good plot for a movie.

Exposed as in having to encounter it personally (like stumbling upon someone having intercourse their daughter or something like that), not just having the revelation of it existing.

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

It is, though it seems not to contain anything but threads about sexual perversions and aggression.

Crendor Playing Warcraft III
Favorite Quotes Thread
Music On Map Selection
Junk Food, Snacks, Stuff
?

Level 36
Popular opinion would have me say: No to incest.
Biology would have me say: No to incest.
Liberalism would have me say: As long as there's no sex involved.

My personal thought? I've been brought up to consider it "wrong," not necessarily
by my parents or siblings, but by the world surrounding me. So there's no denying I
have an unjustified or rather, forced disliking for it inherently. But I must admit, even
though it involuntarily disgusts me and I likely wouldn't ever do it myself, if there wasn't
any genetic problems involved, such as with the inbreeding theory. Then I would say
there is no moral high-ground for which to deny people who love each other to be
together. No matter their other relations, such as family. They didn't chose to love,
nor did they chose to be born into their family, hence they can't be blamed for being
in love and thus it shouldn't be denied to them.

Let's get a little bit more scientific here:

Humans basicly have a natural incest inhibitor "built in". Basicly everyone who lives very close to you at early infant age (0-2 years) is not sexually attractive to you.

If you see a case of incest or parental abuse in news or television, in almost 99% of the cases it is either a parent that wasn't around during the first two years after birth or siblings that got seperated very early through a divorce. In both cases, the natural incest inhibition didn't develope.

The interesting thing about this is, that this also applies if the child in question isn't even blood-related to you. If you have a childhood friend you know since kindergarden, you probably know what I'm talking about.

So, in the end, everyone who has a taste for "wincest" almost always has neither a sister nor a brother. Because if you had, you wouldn't even think about it for a second. It would be as creepy as having sex with your mother.

Level 36
The interesting thing about this is, that this also applies if the child in question isn't even blood-related to you. If you have a childhood friend you know since kindergarden, you probably know what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure I agree to this, nor am I certain you can justly name it "scientifically."
Unless you can point me to where you got this information from.

It is, though it seems not to contain anything but threads about sexual perversions and aggression.

Does it, really?

Far as I can see, there's only two threads currently, among many others, who could be interpreted as "sexual perversion and aggression."

Level 22
I've never felt sexually attracted to my sister. Imagining me to do something like that to her disgusts me. No matter how beautiful and sexy she is. Hell no, for a reason that i cannot explain. Just No. But honestly, I did feel sexually attracted to my mother when I was around 12 years old if i remember correctly. But after some time, that feeling vanished like it was never even existed. And I thank God, I didn't do anything incestous to my mother.

Level 14
If memory serves, every religion starts out with a single man and a single woman. In that case we are all the result of incest. So far as the expected disabilities (mentally speaking) go, this would explain a lot about our current mental state as a species (war, world-ending stashes of nukes, irrational tendencies towards chemical abuse, & whatnot)...

//\\==//\\

I'm not sure I agree to this, nor am I certain you can justly name it "scientifically."
Unless you can point me to where you got this information from.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

EDIT: After reading up on it again, it seems that the Westermarck effect is not scientifically proven and more a hypothesis based on some empirical data. So take it with a grain of salt. But imho, it makes perfect sense that such a mechanic exists, as there's a clear evolutionary advantage about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.