• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm making a clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Like the title said, I'm planning on doing a clan. A strategy clan actually, which includes melee maps and most custom strategy maps, but MAINLY custom strategy maps. Though I would like to focus in a particular "style": Goffterdom/DudeSpirit, pangahas/Grey Nightmare, Dreadnought (and other authors we may find and like one day)'s maps:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/goffterdom/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/pangahas/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/grey+nightmare/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/dreadnought[da]/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/dudespirit/

And classics of King Leopold. Since I can't find many players that like this style specifically, I'm trying to reunite them... in a clan. The clan could also be not only a place to play, but to test those maps in general. Maybe we could even morph it not only to strategy games, but to mappers clan, since sometimes a author cannot do it all by itself, and needs a development team (For example, pangahas is making a project named Gods and Empires, which he is in need of a trigger maker, a icon maker, and a spell maker. With the clan, not only we can play and test those maps as well as we can reunite many mappers and similars to help everyone out with their maps.) I'm from US.East/Azeroth, and the clan will obviously be there, but there may be another clan on Northrend/Europe, since the majority of authors are from there. I posted this here caused it seemed the most appropriate place to post. There is not a proper place to talk about Warcraft III and its features on here... I think. If there is, moderators, you can move it there. Thank you all for your attention :grin:

FINAL EDIT: WE DID IT!!! WOOT!! The name of the clan is Artists of War and its channel is named Clan AW. Feel free to join it if you like strategy maps and play on US.East and also if you want to help Goffterdom, Pangahas, Grey Nightmare, Dude Spirit, and Dreadnought with their maps. Again, thank you guys :grin:

(Edited on 02/12/2009, and again on 07/12/2009, and on 09/12/2009, 12/12/2009)

Last edited:
Level 12
As far as I know, the unique difference between realms is a game or another, population, and languages. But if you play another realm aside from the closest to you, your connection gets worse... But I'll maybe can create one account there. I'm not sure... well, thank your for your reply. Anyone else?

Level 20
LoL - My jaw dropped when I saw your message: 'Take a look at this', I thought something awful had happened ^.^

But no, once again you impress me :) It's a brilliant idea, reunite strategy players, I'm not sure it will be successful, but who knows? It's worth a try regardless! =)

Absolute Genius.

What would it be called? :grin:

EDIT: I'm not sure which realm you should try it on, but I've never heard of connection issues =/ Never tried much tbh though.
Aside from that, I guess it'll have to be American/European as if any knows two languages, one is usually English, for better or for worse.

Level 12
I have a fully completed RTS map that requires a lot of strategy. It uses a resource system similar to Total Annihilations/Supreme Commanders and plays kinda similar. (currently working on a remake of it with better resource structure and more unit choices)

I plan on making it for Starcraft 2 as well. And just in case it helps you make up your mind to try it, it's fully vJASS. You can look at an earlier preview of it here.

Preview

Please note that it no longer has anything to do with Preschool Showdowns (that's a really early preview but it shows the resource system and most of the units). I now just call it Meltdown.

Level 18
Yeah I read your topic before, it sounded like an interesting project :)
Mine is not so far original xD

The point in creating a RTS clan is that we will be able to beta test map together AND to play them after we finished them. Because for now I can't host LoE, nobody comes. I can't even play my maps ! So until we finished our maps it would be nice to create this clan.

Level 12
Yesterday this topic had only three posts, and two of those were mines... xD
Yeah, I'm trying to think on a name... I already have some supporters too. Usualy they are players that like most strategy maps and played LoE with me. I'm gonna check your map Dreadnought, and try to help you with it. And you're most than welcome to join us. And sorry DudeSpirit, I forgot to tell you about this... Well, if we get some more supporters, we can do it. Only here there are already... Six, if Dreadnought is in. There are about... more than five and less than ten (and rising!) on my friends list. So we can already do the clan! And Goffterdom, we can already do the clan and play melee maps, King Leopold maps, and LoE... and when we need to beta test yours Glory of War and pangahas/grey nightmare's Gods and Empires (Dreadnought, you should check them out too, aside from Lords of Europe). Another good idea to reunite more people to the future clan is to post this in any of your map threads, but that is up to your choice. If everyone here and my friends list join at same time we could already make the clan lol. And I've been thinking a bit... Allegiance/Alliance Of Emperors (AOE). I found it rather original, but I think you guys can think something better than it. Again, I'm gonna test your preview as soon as I can.

Level 18
Can I ask you something ? Can you write more clearly ? I mean more room between lines ? :p

Anyway good idea, I'm going to add this thread to mine.

For the name its not so original ;-) (Imo). What about Rise of Strategy ? hmm Strategic Playing ? hmm I dont really like.
Art of War ? (Sun Tzuu ?:p)

Level 12
Ok, I will do that. I've played with Dreadnought yesterday... he's pretty cool. If everyone entered together, I would have 16 supporters counting with me. And Since I have 2-6 friends online, if you guys enter in my realm we can already do the clan. And I think the name Art of War is a GREAT idea and makes really sense. That should be the name of our clan indeed. Well, if you enter we can do the clan... or maybe get some few more supporters. Anyway...

Edit: 2-6 on the weekend it seems. 1-3 on the other days, or sometimes 5.

Edit 2: More 2 supporters o/

Edit 3: Again, more 2. The problem now is reunite everyone online xD

Edit 4: If you guys enter right now, 15:35 GMT -2, we can do the clan. 6, 7 friends online, with you guys should be just enough.

Last edited:
Level 6
I would love to join, but i would have to create a new account, i suppose, since my main is already on a clan.

EDIT: The clan will be created on US WEST or EAST? If yes, then i guess i could join, since i'd have to create a new account anyway to join the other realm.

Last edited:
Level 18
I dont care about creating a new account.

We should fix a date instead of hoping we can all join in the same time randomly.

What about tomorrow ?

Level 12
We're creating on us.east, and Goffterdom, I don't know if you posted that today (30/11/2009) or yesterday, so it is not possible to fix today/tomorrow. This saturday looks nice to me, since I can have time to say to all the supporters so we can meet saturday, and you guys have time to see and program your days to be able to enter that day. Saturday (05/12/2009) is it then?

Edit: Just a reminder, my nickname on US.East@Azeroth is CaleAnon. Contact me when you guys login in it, being a new account or not. Goffterdom already have a account there, so.. (nTh]Yunyun.)

Level 12
If it is pangahas, I'm gonna add it soon. And my nickname is CaleAnon, not SasuhKun... it WAS SasuhKun, but then I changed my nickname and couldn't change the account name... ^^ By the way, I'm gonna change the initial post to include Dreadnought and DudeSpirit links and also make a new proposal for the clan.

Edit: I will try to stay online all the day. And DudeSpirit already showed up, as Falarmar, Farlamar, don't remember... since I couldn't add him in that time because my friends list was full. But I added both :D

Last edited:
Level 20
Hey! =) ye cool, ok I'll try and get on tomorrow... no idea when is best or when but I'll log in at intervals - unless anything crops up, so 12.00, 15.00, 18.00 and 21.00 @ GMT+0.

5/12/09

The name is GreyNightmare... evidently (no spaces allowed in account names =/ ) :p I'll make a US EAST account now...

EDIT: Ok, made it! =) so... what are the names of everyone we have to add and which channel should we meet in?

Empire?

Level 12
CaleAnon, Goffterdom is nTh]Yunyun. (with the ".") pangahas is... pangahas, dude spirit is farlamar, or falarmar, don't remember, and Dreadnought's is SquishyBrains. By the way I got a lot of supporters ultimately. Hosting Broken Alliances is a mine of gold of good strategy players o/

Level 18
First I'm a bit drunk so excuse all what I can say that can be strange.

About the name of the clan. Is Art of War enough good for you ? Do you have other ideas ?

For the clan, I think this is a real great idea, we will be able to test any of the map we are creating (if its strategy map ofc) even if there are no players who join your map !

So what I wanted to say first is 'when do we meet ?' Tomorrow ? (actually tomorrow is today for me :p)

Level 12
Goffterdom, first, it is today. Second, you meant US.East, right? Cause we're making the clan on US.East... and finally, third. It is today... it is Saturday, 10 am here on GMT -2. Like Michael Jackson would say... THIS IS IT! UAAAU!

Edit: Now it is 12:12. THERE IS NO ONE ONLINE GODDAMNIT X_X I WARNED EVERYONE ABOUT THIS... where are you guys D: erm, sorry for my desperate state. It is propably you'll all enter lately... so I'll just wait.

Last edited:
Level 12
We're meeting at the channel "empire"... 8 people with pangahas.

Edit: Come on guys, we just need a few more..

Edit2: WHY WORLD WHY... Not only no one did heed to my call, even though I warned them. And my goddamn sister didn't helped at all. After my LoE game with grey I had to go because of my sister. And when I came back, she put a goddamn virus in to the pc. Then I have to clean the goddamn virus, reiniciate the pc lots of times, and when I'm back, I have 3 friends on, and one of them don't want to enter in the clan [the only one]. And everyone left... Geez, I don't deserve this. I'm gonna give another try tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 12
You still didn't taught me how to write a good post xD But I guess I can find that out. Wait a bit.

Edit: I did it. Ah yes, since this saturday didn't worked out, we can try next saturday? Anyway, pangahas, dude spirit, and goffterdom couldn't appear, and if they had, we would have enough. So... and I try to make the friends that are "interested", even more interested so the next time I call them to make the clan, they'll come.

Level 6
I would be interested in this, but unfortunately my modem isn't working too well and hasn't been for a quite a while now. I'm getting a new one for Christmas, so hopefully that will help. I love melee games and wish I could join you guys, but I don't think I can right now. I haven't played Wc3 in a long time either. I was kind of good when I played; I had skill and strategy. I lost about as many games as I won, but most of the losses were unfinished games due to my crappy modem. I'll have to wait on the modem before I help you guys out. I mean really, you guys don't want to play with a lagger.

It's good to see people interested in this though. This is what will keep WC3 alive until WC4.

Level 12
np KelThuzad. By the way, that last post made you have 666 posts... supposedly my clan is not a devilish one. Joking.. And JimBob, no worries. You can enter the clan whenever you can, you're still going to be welcome. And you could even me teach how to play melee well, cause I'm good, but enough.. ^^

Level 12
Since everyone is looking busy and all, I'll try to make the clan again (OFFICIALY) in 19/12/2009 Many people propably already are in vacation, and it is a saturday, which means that even people that aren't in vacation can enter.

Edit: today is 12/12/2009, and 16:22 in gmt -2. We are 2 people short of doing the clan.... so if someone can enter... my nickname is CaleAnon

Edit 2: WE DID IT!!!! YAY!! I'm the chieftain by the way. The name of the channel is Clan AW, and the name of the clan is Artists of War. Edited the first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.