• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you think the world will end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If you mean earth,so then how tauer said,but i will say it in a another way,the sun will burn the earth,but what he not have not tell here ,that maybe a big asteroid,meteor,comet or whatever,hit the earth before the
sun burns the earth,i mean guys who remmbers apofis,i mean how close was he to make a game over:
-------------------
apophis_asteroide_n-365xXx80.jpg

----------------
I'm not sure how he looks like ,but i think this bring it to the point:
-------------------
maxresdefault.jpg

-----------------

Level 39
If you mean earth,so then how tauer said,but i will say it in a another way,the sun will burn the earth,but what he not have not tell here ,that maybe a big asteroid,meteor,comet or whatever,hit the earth before the
sun burns the earth,i mean guys who remmbers apofis,i mean how close was he to make a game over:
-------------------
apophis_asteroide_n-365xXx80.jpg

----------------
I'm not sure how he looks like ,but i think this bring it to the point:
-------------------
maxresdefault.jpg

-----------------

True, but unless it's a really REALLY big astroid the Earth will still be there after it hits. There might not be much life left, not for a long while anyway, but it's not the end of the world. Think about the hypothesized dinosaur extinction astroid. It's been determined to have been at least 6.2 kilometers in radius, whereas Apophis is only 320 meters. It would cause damage for sure, but it's not enough to destroy the planet completely.

Level 3
@tauer,yea you'r right,but what if he soon hit the artantic,what would happen on the earth?(i know we have not enough luck for this,but what if?)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
To be perfectly honest, I think earth will survive humans by a couple of millions of years.

Judging by the rate we humans changed earth in only the last 100 years alone, the future of our kids is pretty much doomed.

... unless we severely change our minds and start to treat our home planet as more than just a giant ball of natural resources and a global trash dump.

Level 21
Uh before the Earth will end, millions of years will pass so I don't even see why worrying now. The future generations will certainly find another suitable planet (I've heard that they've already found some) and the whole Earth will undergo the hugest exodus in the history of humanity. In the end, I don't think that humanity will cease to exist when the Earth will end.

Level 19
There are a lot of possible outcomes either humanity is prepared or not. If they can escape or not. If they can restore our world or find another world. We will never know unless we are present in the situation.

Level 17
Humans reach the Core of earth and they find A lot of Anti-Matters there. They want to use it but Then aliens come and steal them and they Burn Earth... None survives.

OR

Humans Pollute almost anything And they destroy the Atmosphere utterly. Then they Run to another planet (Probably planet X) by a Starship. (IF they have the Technology...)

Level 6
Have you watched Interstellar? Not only is that the greatest film of all time according to me, it also shows the real ending of the world.
It will decay, thanks to us, and we won't be able to live on it anymore.

GreeN!X said:
Don't worry, we'll kill ourselves soon enough. Probably through war.

I don't share this opinion tho, there is no use for War at the moment. For no one.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Actually the world will end when I am bored and I will blast the very core... And return to Cosmostar (my real home in a far universe)

Uh before the Earth will end, millions of years will pass so I don't even see why worrying now. The future generations will certainly find another suitable planet (I've heard that they've already found some) and the whole Earth will undergo the hugest exodus in the history of humanity. In the end, I don't think that humanity will cease to exist when the Earth will end.

Firstly, assuming the world won't end soon, why does that make it not an issue? What if it takes a million years to figure out how to fix it?

Secondly, if you believe that it will take millions of years for our planet to become uninhabitable to us, you need a wake up call, but since the issue of climate change is considered by many to be political, I guess I'll have to avoid that topic here. If you don't believe we're affecting our planet, you're mistaken, is all I'll say. Closing your eyes does not remove the threat. I wish it did. I wish you were right. I really do.

And, sorry, but no, we haven't found any habitable planet. We've found planets that could potentially support life, but that doesn't mean they are ideal for human life. These planets are also thousands of light-years from us, so it's unfeasible that we will ever reach them. I won't say it's impossible, as many do, because who knows what we will learn about how this universe works, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You can believe what you want to, though. We will be dead before it happens, so it won't affect us. But that doesn't mean it doesn't matter. Some of us care about future generations. We are cursed to care about what has no impact on us.

Anyway, on topic: I believe that we are destroying our moral boundaries. We are greedy for more, it's in our instinct; nothing will ever be enough, because we determine the state of our being to those of others. The majority of us today are living in far better conditions than generations before us, and yet we still are not happy. Our material needs will only continue to increase with each generation as we strive for more. This will lead to our downfall.

Level 21
Firstly, assuming the world won't end soon, why does that make it not an issue? What if it takes a million years to figure out how to fix it?

Secondly, if you believe that it will take millions of years for our planet to become uninhabitable to us, you need a wake up call, but since the issue of climate change is considered by many to be political, I guess I'll have to avoid that topic here. If you don't believe we're affecting our planet, you're mistaken, is all I'll say. Closing your eyes does not remove the threat. I wish it did. I wish you were right. I really do.

And, sorry, but no, we haven't found any habitable planet. We've found planets that could potentially support life, but that doesn't mean they are ideal for human life. These planets are also thousands of light-years from us, so it's unfeasible that we will ever reach them. I won't say it's impossible, as many do, because who knows what we will learn about how this universe works, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You can believe what you want to, though. We will be dead before it happens, so it won't affect us. But that doesn't mean it doesn't matter. Some of us care about future generations. We are cursed to care about what has no impact on us.

Anyway, on topic: I believe that we are destroying our moral boundaries. We are greedy for more, it's in our instinct; nothing will ever be enough, because we determine the state of our being to those of others. The majority of us today are living in far better conditions than generations before us, and yet we still are not happy. Our material needs will only continue to increase with each generation as we strive for more. This will lead to our downfall.

Ok I totally had no intention of answering to this because I consider the topic quite useless but since it has been revived...
Technology still has to reach its maximum development and space is still to be explored more thoroughly before we can really think of saving ourselves from the end. By the time this will happen (perhaps one million years?), we'll be called ancestors so I don't see why we should worry so much on the end of the world. It is such a depressing and demoralizing topic that is not worth perturbing about. Sure, we can do something to help the future generations but even if we totally ignore the issue, it won't have any large impact on us (unless the end is near). The most probable end of the world is when the sun will collapse (but that's not guaranteed of course) yet this will take like millions of years. Millions dude... that's a massive quantity of time and uncountable events will occur throughout all of this. Technology will reach such a high point that the devices we call nowadays "modern" will be called "prehistorical". We may do nothing now if the threat is millions of years away and that will not affect the next 1000 (I dare to say 10000) generations. Only if the threat is like maximum 1000 years far then we shall start to worry now (and it could be like that if we deplete the resources of our planet).
Oh right, I am aware that we are affecting our own planet, that's very clear.

To give you an outline of what I said and what I think, here is a short sentence:

If the world is about to end soon (and with soon I mean not more than 1000 years), then we should start worrying but if the world will end after millions of years, we may still relax and not worry ourselves too much.

Level 8
Ok I totally had no intention of answering to this because I consider the topic quite useless but since it has been revived...
Technology still has to reach its maximum development and space is still to be explored more thoroughly before we can really think of saving ourselves from the end. By the time this will happen (perhaps one million years?), we'll be called ancestors so I don't see why we should worry so much on the end of the world. It is such a depressing and demoralizing topic that is not worth perturbing about. Sure, we can do something to help the future generations but even if we totally ignore the issue, it won't have any large impact on us (unless the end is near). The most probable end of the world is when the sun will collapse (but that's not guaranteed of course) yet this will take like millions of years. Millions dude... that's a massive quantity of time and uncountable events will occur throughout all of this. Technology will reach such a high point that the devices we call nowadays "modern" will be called "prehistorical". We may do nothing now if the threat is millions of years away and that will not affect the next 1000 (I dare to say 10000) generations. Only if the threat is like maximum 1000 years far then we shall start to worry now (and it could be like that if we deplete the resources of our planet).
Oh right, I am aware that we are affecting our own planet, that's very clear.

To give you an outline of what I said and what I think, here is a short sentence:

If the world is about to end soon (and with soon I mean not more than 1000 years), then we should start worrying but if the world will end after millions of years, we may still relax and not worry ourselves too much.

Naa if the world's end is not near, and by near I mean 100 years or so, then I dont really care.

Level 8
If we're about to end in like 200 years, we gotta pee in our pants then!

I still wouldnt care, as I'm not the one thats gonna see it. Besides, one day we all are gonna die no matter what we do. (The Hour.) I dont know why I'm such a dick right now, I used to care about stuff a lot. While killing a helpless creature in Spore I feel so bad about it, but when I hear that the world is gonna end in 200 years (hope not) I'm like ''I wont live that much so no problem at all.''

Level 21
I still wouldnt care, as I'm not the one thats gonna see it. Besides, one day we all are gonna die no matter what we do. (The Hour.) I dont know why I'm such a dick right now, I used to care about stuff a lot. While killing a helpless creature in Spore I feel so bad about it, but when I hear that the world is gonna end in 200 years (hope not) I'm like ''I wont live that much so no problem at all.''

This "I don't care" mania will be the reason we'll extinguish. If you say "I don't care if the world will end after a million years" it's reasonable. But if you say "I don't care if the world will end after 200 years because I'll be dead by then", it's terrible. We gotta care about the incoming future generations. The sons of your sons could be in peril for example so you should care if the end is too near.

Level 8
This "I don't care" mania will be the reason we'll extinguish. If you say "I don't care if the world will end after a million years" it's reasonable. But if you say "I don't care if the world will end after 200 years because I'll be dead by then", it's terrible. We gotta care about the incoming future generations. The sons of your sons could be in peril for example so you should care if the end is too near.

Ikr! I used to care a lot when I was younger, now I'm just different. Maybe I do care but I dont know it. And you should not only care for your son's son, but every single human. You really dont think leaving your OWN KIND into destruction is a good idea right? (Tho some people deserve it)

Level 21
Ikr! I used to care a lot when I was younger, now I'm just different. Maybe I do care but I dont know it. And you should not only care for your son's son, but every single human. You really dont think leaving your OWN KIND into destruction is a good idea right? (Tho some people deserve it)

I do care about our own race of course but mine was just an example (hence I said "for example")

Level 34
Judging by the rate we humans changed earth in only the last 100 years alone, the future of our kids is pretty much doomed.
This is what I think that will happen. In last 20 years people drastically decreased nature, cutting too much of trees and vegetation, poisoning air with many stuff over years (from car, factories up to everything), water, wars, radiations etc etc... so in turn we have destructive natural disasters (storms, hot, cold, snows, winds, trying in weather manipulation etc etc..) as ever. And this is only the beggining of the end.
Fightback of nature. This is how I think that Earth will end one day, not in recent future, but in some distinct. If this trend continues of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.