• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help!! I get ? on downloading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
When I try to download a map I stay on ? does anyone know how to fix it?
Running windows 8.1 as admin mode, and compatibility as windows 7

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    665.1 KB · Views: 167

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The person joining is unable to connect to the host server (running in your client). If this is a local network game it might be because you are behind a firewall that is blocking traffic on the required port (the port is configured in the main menu).

If this is an internet game then you are likely behind a NAT which is blocking traffic on that port. If you are the admin of your NAT (which is the case with most routers) then you will need to log in to the NAT (as an admin) and configure the port forward/firewall to redirect incoming TCP traffic on the WC3 host port (described above) to your local IP address.

If your internet connection is through a provider level NAT then there is nothing you can do. Especially cheap broadband connections now only give you provider level NAT addresses because the ISP has run out of IPv4 addresses to allocated to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.