• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Half-Life Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hello everyone...

So as you might guess I am a Half-Life saga fan and I guess you are aswell or atleast heard about it since you came to read this thread.

So... while Half-Life 2 Episode Two ended with the most sadistic cliffhanger everseen we might talk about the upcoming Half Life game, Half Life Three meanwhile it's being made.

I myself like from time to time search around the internet and read the news/leaks and follow Valve anyways since I really like their motivation and attitude about gaming and making games.

In this thread you can openly discuss you opinions and hopes/fears... actually anything about Half Life series.

So the last game of the series, Half Life 2 Episode Two ended with a maybe most awful/best cliffhanger evermade and left us waiting for the sequel and wonder what will happen.

Share your opinions about the future/current state... whatever.

Some facts that we do know:
1. Valve is working on a product called "Half-Life 3".
2. Source 2 engine is being made, and is planned to be finished/published in the early 2015!
3. Dota 2 is being imported into Source 2 engine. The Dota 2 development tools are already imported, partly.
4. Left 4 Dead 2 is being imported into Source 2 engine.
5. Left 4 Dead 3 is being made.
6. Team Fortress 2 is being imported into Source 2 engine.
7. Earlier progress of Half-Life 3 is being imported into Source 2, which means the game's been in development for quite a while now.
8. Valve is also working on something called "CS2", which most likely means "Counter-Strike 2".

So what do you think? Will we see Half-Life 3 in 2015 or some other games from Valve, using Source 2 engine. Also what do you think about Source 2? What will it bring/make possible along with it?

Last edited:
Level 9
fi25vv.jpg

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hmm about the cliffhanger:
1. Did Eli Vance survive?
2. What is going to happen next?
3. Did the portal destroying actually work?
4. What are the Combine Advisers doing in the White Forest and after the Portal is destroyed?
5. What the hell is Alyx/Resistance going to do as his father died?
The same things could be asked from Warcraft III:
1. What happens to Arthas after claiming the Frozen Throne?
2. Did Illidan survive?
3. What is the role of Naga from now on?
4. Will there be 2 factions of Scourge now on? (Sylvanas' and Lich King's)
5. What is the state of Human? (As there wasn't even Human dedicated campaign in TFT, only Blood Elf)

And out of lore, I'm very interested in what kind of races will be in WC4:
1. Scourge
2. Forsaken
3. Blood Elves
4. Naga
5. Night Elves
6. Orcs

As that seems a lot and impossible to balance, I think they'd do it like:
1. Undead
2. Naga
3. Night Elves
4. Orcs

As Human didn't play that big of a role in WC3.

And to the imminent "Have you ever heard of WoW n00b? OMG GO GET REKT BITCH WTF!!! WOW SOLVES EVERYTHING YOU LISTED NOOB!!!":
WoW is a game for hopeless children. Warcraft 3 is the last true Warcraft. Plus WoW makes no sense: some raid bosses gets killed multiple times a day, how does it feel amazing to kill Garrosh that's died 1 256 times already? So epic ...

Heck, even Wowcrendor said he'd love to see new Warcraft RTS some day, even though he's a WoW player.

I think the "Half Life 3 confirmed!" is just a stupid internet meme stupid 12-yo American children spread.

I'm fucking tired of waiting for WC4, still I don't spread "WC4 CONFIRMED OMFMAFAMFOASFOMAFO" around...

More to the point on this thread, I've also heard that HL3 will use Source engine 2.

6. Team Fortress 2 is being imported into Source 2 engine.

Oh it is? Do you happen to know what they'll improve in TF2?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hmm about the cliffhanger:

The same things could be asked from Warcraft III:
1. What happens to Arthas after claiming the Frozen Throne?
2. Did Illidan survive?
3. What is the role of Naga from now on?
4. Will there be 2 factions of Scourge now on? (Sylvanas' and Lich King's)
5. What is the state of Human? (As there wasn't even Human dedicated campaign in TFT, only Blood Elf)

And out of lore, I'm very interested in what kind of races will be in WC4:
1. Scourge
2. Forsaken
3. Blood Elves
4. Naga
5. Night Elves
6. Orcs

As that seems a lot and impossible to balance, I think they'd do it like:
1. Undead
2. Naga
3. Night Elves
4. Orcs

As Human didn't play that big of a role in WC3.

And to the imminent "Have you ever heard of WoW n00b? OMG GO GET REKT BITCH WTF!!! WOW SOLVES EVERYTHING YOU LISTED NOOB!!!":
WoW is a game for hopeless children. Warcraft 3 is the last true Warcraft. Plus WoW makes no sense: some raid bosses gets killed multiple times a day, how does it feel amazing to kill Garrosh that's died 1 256 times already? So epic ...

Heck, even Wowcrendor said he'd love to see new Warcraft RTS some day, even though he's a WoW player.

I think the "Half Life 3 confirmed!" is just a stupid internet meme stupid 12-yo American children spread.

I'm fucking tired of waiting for WC4, still I don't spread "WC4 CONFIRMED OMFMAFAMFOASFOMAFO" around...

More to the point on this thread, I've also heard that HL3 will use Source engine 2.

Oh it is? Do you happen to know what they'll improve in TF2?

Okay well you have reasons to ask for Warcraft IV just as well. However I am not sure if it's being made, like Half-Life 3 is.

And about TF2. No, not precisely but most probably similar things to Dota 2, like higher FPS, no freezes and shorter loading screens/times and overall, a lot more powerful modification tools for customers.

Level 25

1. Did Eli Vance survive?
He got a tentacle to his head, that pretty much kills you.
2. What is going to happen next?
They're going to find the Borealis, a ship capable of time travel as seen in portal 2
3. Did the portal destroying actually work?
A bit
4. What are the Combine Advisers doing in the White Forest and after the Portal is destroyed?
Being pissed at humanity?
5. What the hell is Alyx/Resistance going to do as his father died?
Going to the Borealis, staying alive, playing video games.
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Borealis

Level 35
It'll take a lot of creativity to make a winter setting diverse and interesting and it's gonna be antarctica since I don't know if you've seen any promotional material for the next Half Life installment, but all are of a winter scenario.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Please do provide a link if you know of any HL3 promo material that isn't fake as shit.

All my information is based on well known leaks and interviews with Valve employees and Valve HQ visit pictures.

All you need to know about Source 2 is pretty good video that shows the actual images that the information is taken from.

Status
Not open for further replies.