• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's got talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
my talent is drawing,
Fiorella.png
but i can sing! :eek:

Level 19
Ehm.,thats not true i got friends in real life,if u know what is real life?
Basicly nobody likes me on hive,and i like nobody in hive,all my hive friends are offline here. :D
btw.u dont want to know what i am thinking about you,and i will not tell u it,just to protect you from your self. :O
why won't you play my brain washing program?

Level 19
Why do u even care?
because I put so much time into creating it yet not one person has downloaded it

I even asked Rally if it's ok that I used some hive gifs in it.

I searched through hundreds of images for it, and went through the trouble of making it customisable.

only for 0 acknowledgement... v-v

please download it.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's taking 10% of my CPU even after I closed it and I can't launch my antivirus and several other programs. Is it normal?

Level 19
It's taking 10% of my CPU even after I closed it and I can't launch my antivirus and several other programs. Is it normal?
wow you downloaded it thank you so much

which computer do you have? if it's a windows it should have no problem other than the fact that it's loading 80 images. once it's loaded it won't take so much cpu process power.

if your having trouble losing it, it should be listed as javax in your taskmanager.

did the starting image appear?
did you extract it or run from Inside rar?

I ran it from inside rar without any problems, but I'm guessing running while compressed will cause difficulty in running

I'm so excited right now^^

Level 19
Ralle gets all the cash,and it is like that. : DDD
are you saying he doesn't deserve it for all the work his doing

you make me sick, your just like those people that say I don't deserve any money for my programs because they code me nothing to produces

it took me 3 years to get to this point, if you can't appreciate that then don't buy my games then, but I will not give them away for free

Reactions: pyf
are you saying he doesn't deserve it for all the work his doing

you make me sick, your just like those people that say I don't deserve any money for my programs because they code me nothing to produces

it took me 3 years to get to this point, if you can't appreciate that then don't buy my games then, but I will not give them away for free
Welp,i dont care about everything u told me above.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Do do what we do since doing doing is the doing of how we do do things we do.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

[...] which computer do you have? if it's a windows it should have no problem other than the fact that it's loading 80 images. [...]

if your having trouble losing it, it should be listed as javax in your taskmanager. [...]

Main file is an exe named TrainerPsychic. Fyi, it currently triggers 2 FPs on VirusTotal.
No loading / unloading issue found on XP

Clicking on the happy face triggers nothing for me. Also, keyboard seems to be unsupported (?).

Not sure focusing on so many unhappy faces can make one more optimistic, nor improve his/her life expectancy by any margin... I myself personally prefer to watch fun comedies on TV for that.

Anyway, thanks for all your time and effort. Searching through all the images must indeed have been very time-consuming alone.
Keep creating, keep programing and keep improving.

Level 19
Main file is an exe named TrainerPsychic. Fyi, it currently triggers 2 FPs on VirusTotal.
No loading / unloading issue found on XP

Clicking on the happy face triggers nothing for me. Also, keyboard seems to be unsupported (?).

Not sure focusing on so many unhappy faces can make one more optimistic, nor improve his/her life expectancy by any margin... I myself personally prefer to watch fun comedies on TV for that.

Anyway, thanks for all your time and effort. Searching through all the images must indeed have been very time-consuming alone.
Keep creating, keep programing and keep improving.

just be honest, you didn't download it, if you did

tell me the background colour of the game?

better yet, tell me the loading image that appears before the game

don't shit post

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Attachments

• TrainerPsychic.jpg
    TrainerPsychic.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 81
Level 19
I downloaded from this link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/06041a9abc954210508cb6a99739b00a6203/

I was the first to download from here. But I also did a few experiments, to see if a right-click+open in a new Tab, does count as a download or not.

I see no loading image that appears before the game starts

You will find a screenshot as attachment.
and your still experiencing problems?

I don't get it, there should be no difference between my computer and your

unless... do you have java 1.8?

in needs java to run

sorry for not believing you, I just really thought there are no problems. that and how would I add keyboard functions?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I downloaded and tried your program only today.

I use JRE8 update 102 on XP32.
Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
Java™ SE Development Kit 8, Update 102 Release Notes

I do not know why I have no loading screen on startup for your program
I would expect some kind of interaction with the mouse at least. But nothing happens for me.

Could it all be a Jar2Exe 2.1.7.1099 issue?
Other Hive members might want to provide feedback.

I do not know how to add keyboard support to your game, for I am not a programmer.

Level 19

I would expect some kind of interaction with the mouse at least. But nothing happens for me.

I do not know how to add keyboard support to your game, for I am not a programmer.
you need java, not jre, jre is only used by programmers not by the program it's self

I know how to add keyboard functionality, but where would it go there?

just curious, what happens when you click on the icons?

Level 19

you need java, not jre, jre is only used by programmers not by the program it's self

I know how to add keyboard functionality, but where would it go there?

just curious, what happens when you click on the icons?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. It is for the end-user. It allows Java programs to run.
The JDK is the Java Development Kit. It includes the JRE's contents, plus additional stuff. It allows programmers to develop Java programs.

I only have the JRE installed. No need for more.

Oh damn, I just found out what the issue is: you have to double-click on an image, not single-click on it. :hohum:
Nothing happens with a single-click, be it left click or right click. I therefore had assumed your game could use the keyboard instead.

As for no loading image before the game starts, I found this post on the Jar2Exe site.
Not sure whether it is a clue or not...

** update **

About the loading image which should appear before the game starts:

The hellosplash demo works for me:
Hello Splash Window

More about the splash window (including comments):
Splash Window

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Level 19
The JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. It is for the end-user. It allows Java programs to run.
The JDK is the Java Development Kit. It includes the JRE's contents, plus additional stuff. It allows programmers to develop Java programs.

I only have the JRE installed. No need for more.

Oh damn, I just found out what the issue is: you have to double-click on an image, not single-click on it. :hohum:
Nothing happens with a single-click, be it left click or right click. I therefore had assumed your game could use the keyboard instead.

As for no loading image before the game starts, I found this post on the Jar2Exe site.
Not sure whether it is a clue or not...

** update **

About the loading image which should appear before the game starts:

The hellosplash demo works for me:
Hello Splash Window

More about the splash window (including comments):
Splash Window

Hope it helps
hmm it could be that your computer is just super fast resulting in no loading screen appearing because it loaded in less than a second

so you played the game for the first time without a problem.

how did you like it^-^

pyf

pyf

Level 32
My laptop is not super-fast at all. I have no choice but to underclock it at 800 Mhz by using RMClock.

As written earlier, I am not sure having to focus on so many unhappy faces can make anybody more optimistic.

I would suggest a few variants / ideas for your game:
- find the unhappy face
- be able to customize the number of images displayed
- be able to customize where and how the images appear on screen
- make the game time-limited
- switch to single-click for image selection
- make it a game of reflexes as an option (click the happy / unhappy face wherever it appears on screen)
- add a highscore
- polish things a little bit (what is 'happeness'?)

All of the above might help make it more enjoyable as a casual game. It might also make everybody happy, by being able to adapt to anyone's gameplay tastes (observation & action games).

The Find the Gold game is stressful and has already shorten my lifespan. :wink:
It currently feels and sounds more like a twisted programer's joke to me. One random chance of winning out of 80 makes little sense imho.

Level 19
My laptop is not super-fast at all. I have no choice but to underclock it at 800 Mhz by using RMClock.

As written earlier, I am not sure having to focus on so many unhappy faces can make anybody more optimistic.

I would suggest a few variants / ideas for your game:
- find the unhappy face
- be able to customize the number of images displayed
- be able to customize where and how the images appear on screen
- make the game time-limited
- switch to single-click for image selection
- make it a game of reflexes as an option (click the happy / unhappy face wherever it appears on screen)
- add a highscore
- polish things a little bit (what is 'happeness'?)

All of the above might help make it more enjoyable as a casual game. It might also make everybody happy, by being able to adapt to anyone's gameplay tastes (observation & action games).

The Find the Gold game is stressful and has already shorten my lifespan. :wink:
It currently feels and sounds more like a twisted programer's joke to me. One random chance of winning out of 80 makes little sense imho.
the game focuses your ability to find the happiness throughout all life's negatives

I honestly just copied an existing program which they use on 60 and older people.... I guess it's not very hip

as for find the gold, that is to test if you are psychic (took me 4 hours to make)

I'll consider making them with more fun

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I honestly just copied an existing program which they use on 60 and older people.... I guess it's not very hip
...or it is simply not suited for my tastes as it is now.

What do others think of it?

as for find the gold, that is to test if you are psychic (took me 4 hours to make)
I now have the proof that I am no psychic.

I'll consider making them with more fun
Now, having fun increases life expectancy, I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.