• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future of The Hive Workshop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey Hiveworkers! I was just wondering, what would happen to the Hive after let's say, 20 years. Where Ralle is already old and another guy takes his place. Another thing, will there be many changes? Like a Hive 5.0 or even a Hive 10.0?

I went to church last last week, and the priest told us a story of how his action figures, comics, and electric stuff' did not last. That's what he said, "Everything in this world will not last."

So what about the Hive? Will it last? I dearly hope so. The Hive is like a 3rd home for me, I've got brothers and even sisters to help me out.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I was just wondering, what would happen to the Hive after let's say, 20 years.
im off of hive by that time, living my life.

school is just free time where you dont do any work to get your livings, you just live off your parents.

then you educate for work, start searching for open jobs for this certain work you studied for, then starts the painful ever lasting time of your life :( between young adult and elder - adult, ugh...

in 20 years, warcraft 3 has DEFINITELY died. we'll just use tablets for everything. i doubt some holograms will get super popular, tablets seem way more useful. in 20 years i won't probably even remember this website, i've never written any diaries in my life to memorize my childhood, i mean, why should i take notes of the most common things in my life? then one day, you try to remember how your common life went like 20 years to the past, and realize you took no notes or pictures or videos of your common environment...

about this site itself, hmm... it's definitely up to ralle. even by 2017 i wouldn't be here anymore if this site was still 'bout wc3. so yea its up to the site owner how it all goes.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Tablets are rubbish for doing actual work. Slow typing, small screen, limited processing power, ergonomically uncomfortable for extended use.
wasn't my own thought though, my it teacher said that

but i do believe him, sadly :/

Level 11
The Hive should focus on something else (than WC3) to stay alive, imo.

That's the best idea. And because Hiveworkshop doesn't have the word "Warcraft" in it, that would be just okay. Time makes your wishes come to you, but time is also cruel, sooo cruel.

EDIT:
What if Einstein's theory about black holes is real? What if super powerful black holes can suck time (It's been proven that black holes are powerful enough to suck even light) What will happen if time is sucked? That's weird, there really are things that are out of our comprehension.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Haven't you heard it yet? Hive 2 is a scam and they're not really making it. They'll just say soon, when in fact they mean after warcraft 4, which equals to ∞ years.

Level 19
Fun fact: There are "rogue blackholes"(those are blackholes that actually move in space) and if one past through world right now we wouldnt know till 4k years later because the light we can see from distant stars is actually that old(literal glitters of the past).
Randomly found out whilst browsing an random "7 horrifying ways the universe could kill us" or something article, described more detaily with science stuff there but i sadly didnt bookmark. QQ

Everything in the universe moves. Even whole galaxies.
The light of stars is far older than that, just the light from the Sun is 8 minutes old. We can even see light of stars that have died millions of years ago (well, stronomers with their fancy telescopes can). If one passes through our world we wouldnt be here. There would be no light, time, anything.
About the time, it doesnt actually stop. You would be moving so fast, faster than the speed of light, that everything around you would seem completely frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.