• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest - Bossfight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, As far as i know, there has never been a Bossfight contest for the Hiveworkshop. I would like to create an unofficial one.

THE WORLD IS FLAT
Bossfights

Contestants are required to lay-out their bossfight and then either produce it themselves, or have another user make it for them. Teams can be a maximum of 2 users. No violation of hive rules is supported.

A Bossfight is A Battle between one or more players against a sort of-final creature or challange. it does not necssicarily mean a single opponent, or his followers. But that is the general idea.

A Bossfight submission must include a full phase-planner transcript of the Bossfight and a completed map. Contestants must submit at least one work-in progress of their Phase planner. A phase planner is a storyboard of the Bossfight.

General Rules:

Only 2 Team-Members are allowed.

You map may be for from 1-4 players but no more.

Work must be all new, no recycling old maps that mere never submitted etc.

No Downloaded spells or systems other than those approved by a judge are allowed. It must be original work. Allowed usage of minor systems (knockback, xefx, grouputils, timerutils,...) As approved by the judges.

A Maximum of five models and five Icons are acceptable.

Maps may be submitted as a campaign, but only a maximum of three maps, With the download cap remaining in effect across all maps.

You are limited to a minimum of 3 phases and a max of 12.

Contest Parameters: Users must design a written plan for a boss fight centered on the contest theme, detailed with boss lore, abilities, and phases. The Users must then create the boss fight in a map, accompanied with trash mobs etc. and suiting terrain for the theme, as a general assumption. The final objective of the map MUST be to complete the boss fight, Only one boss fight per map.

Unlimited custom work permitted (Voices , Models, sounds.) as long as they are your own.

If any rules are broken, then you will be immediately disqualified.

More rules are pending, but will be set in stone by 12/15/09

Theme:

Demon

Maps must have the feel, and theme of facing a demon or other hellish creature.
Judges will score you on how well you follow this paramater.

Here is an example of a boss planner from my map Sanity's Edge:
Haknora
Arch-Ignecorruo
Of the Demonic Hordes
By: Asomath

LORE
Ignecorruos are demons that have mastered all forms of destructive fire magic. Their mass devastation was so great that they were used as the elite main force of the demonic armies. However, their power and uncontrollable was so great, it ended up slaughtering both friend and foe alike, allowing only the ignecorruos to survive the battle. So a new demonic creature was created and the ignecorruos were removed from the devilish hosts and destroyed. A few of the ancient ignecorruos were permitted to live on, but were given a new task…

To this day, very rarely did a demonic host have to show its true power when called upon by a summoner. The ignecorruos were able to incinerate entire kingdoms on their own. They are always sent as an initial, and usually the final, assault. Without any of their other demon brethren nearby to become causalities, the ignecorruros were allowed to use their full, and devastating, power.

INTRODUCTION

Our hero’s first encounter with an ignecorruo, is of course, the burning village. This particular ignecorruo is one of the more elite ones with the title Arch-Ignecorruo, and is named Haknora, which was a name that I just popped into my head, and is definitely up for name-change. Our hero is walking through the village when there is a rumbling and the camera starts to shake. A flaming building to our right basically explodes and Haknora walks slowly from the smoke and debris and kills a villager that was inside with his flaming sword. Haknora then turns to us and casts a spell, which causes flames to appear in front of him and then shoot out in both directions. The flames move in a path until they both connect together again, and a perfect, rather large circular wall of flame is formed. Haknora then steps through the flames and inside the circle where we are. This circle of flames is basically our boss arena for this fight, just thought it would be a cool one to have. The boss fight now begins.

PHASE ONE

The first thing and one of the biggest things about this fight is that if you touch the wall of flames, our arena, you die instantly. Just like that, so don’t try to run away. Let me start with the basic abilities, and then start getting to the more complex ones.

Fire Nova: The ignecorruo demonic warps to the center of the arena where he quickly charges fire nova. This can simply be damage negated by standing behind some of the stone pillars that are left over from burnt structures. 65% damage if un-avoided

Serpent Flames: Haknora teleports barely outside to wall .Runes show up in a straight line in front of him. He says a demonic word with no chat line (this is where voice acting helps). Each word means a different movement of fire.

Word One – A simple line of fire that moves along the runes. 80% Damage if hit
Word Two – A line of fire that moves in a zig-zag pattern, and crosses over the runes each time return trip. 65% Damage if hit
Word Three- The entire arena ignites in flames, except for the line that goes straight through all the runes. 50% damage if hit

Burning Cyclone- the Ignecorruo teleports to the center of the arena, where 2 jets of flame shoot out from him left and right, and rotate slowly. He can be damaged while burning cyclone is in effect. 90%+ If hit by one of the jets though, which usually means death. The jets make a full 360 degree rotation and then stop.

Demonic Force: Haknora disappears for 4-5 seconds. When he reappears, he is right behind you, and knocks you towards whatever direction your character is facing. The knock-back is fairly far, about ½ the original size of the arena. If your character is too close to the flame wall in the direction he is facing, he will be knocked into the flame wall which is instant death and a game-over.

Hellfire Implosion: As always, Haknora teleports to the center to cast Hellfire implosion, and is the “ultimate” ability for this phase for Haknora. Haknora begins channeling, and every 3 seconds a jets of flame come from the wall of fire to haknora.
3 Seconds: One Jet
6 Seconds: Two Jets
9 Seconds: 4 Jets (Getting Dangerous)
12 Seconds: 8 Jets (Nearly deadly)
15 Seconds: Hellfire implosion, impossible not to get hit. 5 Second long streams of fire.
Total time: 20 Seconds

This ability can be blocked by damaging and eventually knocking down one of the pillars previously used to block Fire Novas. Unfortunately, because of this, as you knock down pillars for hellfire implosion (Pillars disintegrate after each use), you have less protection from Fire Novas. Luckily, the twenty second time on Hellfire Implosion, provides valuable time to DPS from the cover of your pillar, so hopefully you won’t have to experience many hellfire implosions.

The final, simple, and main ability of the outside phase is:

Ever-Devouring Fires: Every 5% of Haknora’s health you take out, the wall of fire around the arena constricts just the slightest bit more. This makes demonic force, and burning cyclone stronger abilities.

PHASE TWO

After 20% of Haknoras health has been taken out, or 4 Ever-Devouring Fires, the wall of fire that is the arena reaches a house, causing it to start to ignite, and in a small cutscene we here a woman scream. Our hero walks into the burning house only to find the woman unconscious. Haknora breaks his way inside. There are 4 support columns in this house.

In this phase you cannot damage Haknora, nor can you damage the support columns. Every 15 seconds, Haknora will cast explosive swipe. It will deal 50% damage to you if you are hit. However, you can hide behind the support columns, which will collapse when hit with explosive swipe. After a minute and thirty-seconds he will cast burning inferno and everyone dies. This basically allows one mistake to be made with explosive swipe. The girl can be saved, but decreases movement speed by 20% slower. Haknora was about 25- 30% slower then you before, so this gets you closer to his speed. If all columns are dead, you have 4 seconds to evacuate before it collapses and you die. Haknora is stunned while you make your escape, and vanishes into the collapsing home.

If you saved the girl, she restores 40% of your health and 60% of your mana. If not, your on your own. She exits while the firewall is still down. In a small cutscene, you try to leave as well, since you think Haknora is dead, but then the firewall jumps back up (Same position as when you left it) and Haknora comes out of the rubble in flames, and of course he is not dead, but does have 10% of his health done to him. So, he is at 70% right now.

PHASE THREE

The third phase is identical to the first phase, except with a few alterations.

Burning Cyclone now shoots four jets of flame out instead of two.
Serpent Flames now has two paths of ruins, each possible of their own word, that forms an X across each other.

The addition of the Meteor Shower ability:
Meteor Shower – Featured in the story line itself, meteor shower is one of the favorites of the Ignecorruos. Every 5 seconds, a small flaming marker will appear on a random place inside the arena. After two seconds, a meteor hits that area, stunning for 5 seconds, and dealing 60% damage. The flaming meteor is then present there for twenty seconds dealing 20% damage for every second you are within a small radius of it. The ability is there throughout all of phase three, but does not summon any meteors through Hellfire Implosion or serpent flames.

As with the previous phase, it’s twenty percent until it reaches the next house and phase four begins.

PHASE FOUR

Phase four is the same as phase two, except this time the house is bigger, there is a fifth pillar near the entrance and there is a woman near the back as well as a man near the front next to the fifth pillar. Just as in phase two you much drag the boss to each pillar and have him destroy it. You have 1 minute and 45 seconds this time allowing for one mistake. If you desire to save both people, you must break the fifth pillar near the entrance last. It would be impossible to outmaneuver Haknora with 40% movement speed reduction (20% for each person). When all 5 pillars are broken, you must once again exit the house before it collapses.

The woman will increase both mana and health if you saved her by 20%, the man does nothing, and they both exit.

Haknora once again steps out of the rubble, this time however, he is severely weakened. (He is now at 40% health). The wall of flames come up and you engage him in phase 5.

PHASE FIVE

In phase 5, Haknora takes 300% more damage or so than before, and does barely any damage. He has stopped casting Meteor shower, Hellfire Implosion, Fire Nova, Demonic Force, and Serpent Flames. The ONLY ability he casts is burning cyclone, with only two jets once again. However, this time Ever-Devouring fires are on a 45 second timer rather than a 5% health interval. You MUST kill him before the 5th ever-devouring flames or you will die. It’s a DPS race. At 20%, if you rescued the man in phase 4, a stone pillar drops through the wall of flames and temporarily disrupts it. The man, sword in hand, then jumps through before the pillar heats up and shatters. He is a warrior type and performs powerful strikes, as well as whirlwind. He can help make it easier to bring down the last 20%. After you “Kill” Haknora the 6th and final phase begins.

PHASE SIX

In Phase 6, it’s not really a boss phase at all. Haknora suddenly shoots a huge column of fire up into the air, and just begins to go crazy with his power. He is unleashing it uncontrollable. You must escape the village before everything is devoured. This is now a dodging game, and you have a timed escape. Meteors fall from the sky, and serpent trails chase you in patterns as you try to make your escape. If you get hit by meteors, you will be stunned. Occasionally he will send out huge bursts of fire from the center of the town and down the roads, you must hide behind old rubble again to block the damage. Along the escape route, there will be three other villagers spread out. You can run in and order them to follow you, at the cost of time. Just escape the town in before Haknora totally detonates everything, including himself, leaving nothing but ash.

FINALE

You receive your reward and whatever. If you decided to save all the villagers, both in the boss fight itself and in the escape (which was kind of a pain to do) you can receive some powerful little bonus treasure. This just allows a bit more flexibility with the fight.

Judging:

Judging will be 25% Poll Based and 75% judge based. Request for judging.
Because this is an Unofficial Contest, No rewards other than a map-well done will be administered.

• Contest begins on the 15th of December.
• Users must submit their map by the 5th day of March
• They will be rated on: Originality, Gameplay, Phase Planner, Coding, Balance, (Difficulty) and Theme (How accurately they stick with the theme.)

Judges:

Asomath
Kingz
Tank-Commander

Victory:

If you win, you will be awarded with a custom sig-applicable image, and a job well done.

Contestants:

• *Epic* N.O
• Nara-shikamaru
• The_Grapist
• Malcous
• Real138 and Forgotton_Warlord
• Hemlock
• Mage_Goo
• The World Is Flat and vosty
• water_Knight
• Teuncreemers and RAiN

Last edited:

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Could you please change my name in the contestants list to *Epic* N.O
Thanks if you do lol :D.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Heh I am halfway done but why show just now? lol btw thanks for changing my name to epic :D .

N.O

N.O

Level 6
I could do both, I never judge myself though meaning I am here just for the fun which I really am.

moved to contest submission

if you want this to actually get anywhere near approval, here are some tips:
- What exactly do you mean by a boss fight?
- What do the contestants have to make? A cinematic? A scenario?
- What do the contestants have to submit? A movie file? A map?
- Add limits to the number of imports used. Or maybe no imports at all?
- For first-time contest types, no theme is usually better.
- Prizes?

etc

Level 18
Epic N.O, I think you should be noted as Epic FAIL, since you started your entry before the contest started.

Also, all the points Pyritie noted should be applied. When you're at that anyway, I suggest you use the proper submission template instead of whatever you want to show. There are rules for submitting a contest.

And finally: a 50/50 poll/judges ratio? We're trying to reduce the influence of the public poll here, since it's corrupted. I recommend you change that drastically.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
"Epic N.O, I think you should be noted as Epic FAIL, since you started your entry before the contest started."

I never stated any entry yet, I am half way done though, if you can't handle my epicness don't try to tell me ima fail :D .

Level 14
The thing was that this contest was originally made to be a NON OFFICIAL contest. Therfore certain things, like the time period, the reputation reward, the point systen and the overall submission template are different from the designated contest submission rules. It was never meant to attempt to get through approval. Pyritie simply took initiative in putting it into contest submission from off-topic. Anywho, heres what I would put in:

Contest Parameters: Users must design a written plan for a boss fight centered on the contest theme, detailed with boss lore, abilities, and phases. The Users must then create the boss fight in a map, accompanied with trash mobs and suiting terrain for the theme. The final objective of the map MUST be to complete the boss fight. Only one boss fight per map.

Additional Requirements: The boss fight must have a minimum of 3 phases and a maximum of 10 (this reduces the chance for boss fight complexity). Other than that, the boss can include anything you desire as long as it fits the theme and does not break the site rules.

-Imported Spells, Voices, and Systems not permitted (custom coding work only)
-Models, Skins, Sound Effects, Music and Icons permitted with a maximum of 10.
-Unlimited custom work permitted (Voices , Models etc.)
-Bosses must be built for a minimum of 3 Players (Maps must not break the size limit)
-Teams of 2 Permitted

The bossfight contest is, in a way, a combination of the paired mapping contest and story-writing contest. However, it is on a much smaller scale than the paired mapping contest, and requires actually manipulating the written material, unlike the story-writing contest.

I would be glad to judge, but I would like another skilled JASS'er to assist in judging coding efficency.

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.