• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Tanks Closing Down! - Everything comes to an end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Battle Tanks - Everything comes to an end...

Battle Tanks is a Warcraft III (FT) AoS map where you have to buy tanks, weapons and equipment to destroy the enemy base; and weapons works in the same way as in battleships. The difference from other Aos is that your tank don't have psychical attacks, but rely on items which acts as a autofire weapon. Battle Tanks started of as a german only version, but for about 3-4 years ago it was translated into english and it suddenly become much more popular due to the english language.

Official Website: http://btanks.net/v2/

Battle Tanks as you know it will no longer be continued. A many year map project will be terminated. The current battle tanks version is 8.61c.

Battle Tanks - Everything comes to an end...: Official Statement from the BT mapper

Exodus (At battle tanks forum) said:
Hey guys,
I know, this is kinda suprising, but due to certain circumstances I can't keep on working on BT in the future. I still have about two month worth of time to finish things, that are still left to do. After that ... well, at least for me the era BT will be over.

It's pretty hard to write these lines, even more than I thought, but there is no sense in further delaying this news. Well, it's been a great time and I learned a lot in these 2,5 years. Together we created a map, that's one of most popular ones on Bnet! (at least in Northrend anyway). I don't know what will happen after this. Maybe there is someone who wants to continue working on the map. If there happens to be no appropiate candidate, I'll release an open source version of the current map, so anyone who's interested can look into all the triggers and maybe even release his own mod of BT. This last option however, would effectivly be the end of the BT League. Since psycho_dmr, our admin, also no longer wants to support BT (which he also announced some weeks ago), it looks pretty bad for the league.

I surely hope that this won't be the complete end of BT, I still care much about it and I don't want to this project to just die away. As for Bob666, the initial creator of BT ... well he may consider it, but I guess chances are pretty low that he'll continue working on BT.

Some people also are pretty excited about StarCraft II and a possible BT mod for this game. You may have guessed it, but it seems like I also can't do this. Although things might change in the future, it just isn't likely at the moment, that I'll create a BT mod for SCII (but I still plan to get the game!).

Since I don't have anything more to say atm, I'll just end this announcement with a big Thanks! to the community, which made BT what it is today - certainly a great map!

-Exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.