• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Game of Thrones fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
(S05E10 SPOILERS)
I think that Thorne let Jon in Castle Black to frame it on some wildling or something. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but hey, they are the Nights Watch who are not the smartest of the bunch. Also, fuck Olly. I hope Jon Snow becomes a White Walker or some shit then kills Olly, revives Olly, and kills Olly again (for Jon and Ygritte).

The Cleganebowl hype is full speed. Its also great seeing the Varys-Tyrion dynamic again.

Also, Stannis is most likely not dead as well as Sansa + Theon. The snow would've most likely cushion the fall. If they also wanted to kill Stannis they would've shown it and not leave it kinda open-ended.

The Winterfell battle also fucking horrible. They didn't show any fighting at all (too much time on the walk of shame). Goddammit Ramsay and his plot armor. If he was shirtless and had 20 good men he could probably conquer the whole kingdom.

Finally, on Dany, did she meet one of the former members of Khal Drogo's khalasar?

How I wished the season would've ended:

Goddammit I have to wait for another year.
Yeah the battle was really dissapointing. They did not show it at all and instead showed that boring ass walk of shame. Oh and one more thing. I think Mellisandre returing to Castle Black already tells us pretty much whats gonna happen. Its way too obvious that Mellisandre knows that Jon Snow is actually probably Azor Ahai and that she has seen that Jon will be killed and she can ressurect him as Azor Ahai. Because remember when Aemon said kill the boy and let the man be born? Maybe the boy was referred as Jon Snow and the man was referred as Azor Ahai. And damn i dont think ive seen any season that has so many important character deaths. Hell in season 5:
Defiently dead: Mance, Mossador, Janos, Barristan, Aemon, Loboda, Karsi, Shireen, Hizdahr, Selyse, Myranda, Myrcella, Meryn
Unknown if dead or will be brought back to life: Stannis, Jon Snow, Reek and Sansa.

Last edited:
Level 15
I don't mind them not showing much of the battle, it was enough to show them being surrounded. But I think they should've have hammered more on the futility of it, or denial within him. Now it just seemed stubborn, naive and stupid and his men didn't even complain, except for those that left, which we didn't even get to see.

Level 9
Spoiler Episode 10
I still think that Ser Alliser Thorne stabbing Jon is very lazy writing. I know he hated him, but why on God's green earth would he open the gates, let in thousands of wildlings and then later kill Jon for letting in wildlings, when he could've just refused to open the gate and have the wildlings kill Jon for him? It makes absolutely no sense.

Also
Lady Stoneheart
has been confirmed to not appear in the show.
I dont still understand how its lazy writing that Thorne stabbed Jon. I mean he is just another brother of the Nights Watch afterall. And well Lady Stoneheart not appearing on the show? What a waste of character development i would say then. But damn Cersei said that she would burn Dorne if something happens to Myrcella. And i think the theory that Cersei will outlive her children is kinda becoming true. Now we just need someone to kill Tommen. Oh and with Jon Snow dead there is a really high chance that white walkers could get past the wall. I mean Thorne and the whole Nights Watch would die like Loboda in the hands of the White Walkers. Only Jon Snow knows how to fight them(and Samwell Tarly too)

Level 25
Possibilities:

1. Stannis dies.

2. The wildlings who went through the wall to the farminglands, what's stopping some of those to go in the direction of stannis, saw that Brienne is trying to kill Stannis and moved up to kill her?

3. Stannis is the lord of light, he cannot die!

4. The boltons have just been in battle with stannis, some more of them might be around.

5. Brienne missed.

6. Brienne hit the tree in rage and then allowed Stannis to join her?

7. Stannis is actually a 100 year old Vampire who sees Brienne for whom she is and we will have three movies about their love and their war against the werewolves.

Level 15
Possibilities:

1. Stannis dies.

2. The wildlings who went through the wall to the farminglands, what's stopping some of those to go in the direction of stannis, saw that Brienne is trying to kill Stannis and moved up to kill her?

3. Stannis is the lord of light, he cannot die!

4. The boltons have just been in battle with stannis, some more of them might be around.

5. Brienne missed.

6. Brienne hit the tree in rage and then allowed Stannis to join her?

7. Stannis is actually a 100 year old Vampire who sees Brienne for whom she is and we will have three movies about their love and their war against the werewolves.

This is what is called denial, only 1 option is true - and what has he left to accomplish after his latest misfortunes?

Same goes for John Snow, he proably bit the dust as well. I know. Let it sink in.

Level 9
I kinda think that Stannis is actually dead. Like he could be alive, but its kinda doubtful. The point at the end of Stannis story was to tell the viewers that he is not Azor Ahai. Hes family/house is extinct and his army is destroyed he has nothing now so it would be pointless to let him live anyway

Last edited:
Level 9
i actually haven't seen the scene, but
it's still likely that jon snow could be alive. i mean, the book side hasn't even confirmed he's dead, and if the tv series implied (wrong word?!?!?) his death then that would be weird.

Level 11
Here's What I think about episode 10

1) Jon Snow is actually the "Lord of Light" Thus Melisandre's desertion of Stannis
2) Jon Snow may have Warged into Ghost, preserving his spirt.
3) Jon may ACTUALLY be the son of Rhaegar Targaryn and Ned's Sister, thus making him half Targaryn/Half Stark. If this is the case, if they try to burn the body and his spirit does happen to be preserved in Ghost, he can be reborn through fire - because of the targaryn blood. This would make HIM the Dragon. (Also the Hint of the series: "A song of Fire and Ice" - Perhaps John and Daenerys are linked somehow after all...
4) Or maybe John is just gone after all and they simply killed off George RR Martin's favorite character (as he does in the book).

I personally Think the entire series is actually in the end going to be about Jon Snow and who his parents REALLY were. I'm sticking by that Ned actually is in fact too honorable to have fathered a child with anyone other than his Catelyn.

Level 11
Oh and one other thing that I think is significant:

It is mentioned several time throughout the series that the Night's Watch vows are only broken through Death.
If Jon is dead, he is no longer bound to the Night's Watch. Which from a story standpoint makes his resurrection that much more justified.

Level 22
here's what i think about episode 10

1) jon snow is actually the "lord of light" thus melisandre's desertion of stannis
2) jon snow may have warged into ghost, preserving his spirt.
3) jon may actually be the son of rhaegar targaryn and ned's sister, thus making him half targaryn/half stark. If this is the case, if they try to burn the body and his spirit does happen to be preserved in ghost, he can be reborn through fire - because of the targaryn blood. This would make him the dragon. (also the hint of the series: "a song of fire and ice" - perhaps john and daenerys are linked somehow after all...
4) or maybe john is just gone after all and they simply killed off george rr martin's favorite character (as he does in the book).

I personally think the entire series is actually in the end going to be about jon snow and who his parents really were. I'm sticking by that ned actually is in fact too honorable to have fathered a child with anyone other than his catelyn.

r + l = j.

Level 25
He doesn't die on screen, so currently he's still "alive".
I think in Season 6 Episode 1 he'll be killed to kick off the season with a nice shock factor. Just as they teased Benjen in S5E10 to great effect, I think they didn't show Stannis being killed to give the audience some hope that he survives, only to kill him next season.

Pretty sure Melisandre will revive Jon. Remember a few seasons ago where she sees the other red priest revive that one dude, so she knows to at least try it. Shireen's sacrifice might also be the "blood magic fuel" needed to revive him.

Level 14
I think Benjen is Coldhands. I know why they didn't add him to the show, because he isn't that important, but he is cool. He's a friendly wight for crying out loud!

Level 9
Olly and Alliser were assholes, but they kinda have the same thing as Meryn. We knew he was an asshole, but then he did something that made him even worse. I really hope the wildlings will avenge Jon. I want Alliser and Olly to die a painful death in the hands of Tormund. But eh im just kidding. Stannis the Mannis can never be killed. He is so swag that even the white walkers are marching south to bend the knee to him.(Gotta love google images stannis the mannis memes)
I gotta say that i found a picture which is pretty damn accurate:
tumblr_n7d65wxncQ1siq18no1_500.jpg

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I kinda think that Stannis is actually dead. Like he could be alive, but its kinda doubtful. The point at the end of Stannis story was to tell the viewers that he is not Azor Ahai. Hes family/house is extinct and his army is destroyed he has nothing now so it would be pointless to let him live anyway
Spoiler Season 5, Episode 10:
Can you really say that and mean it after the Deus-Ex-Machina army suddenly popping up in season 5?
But yeah, I hope this asshole stays dead. After Stannis killing his own daughter, he lost all the remaining sympathy I still had for him.
And it's great to see Brianne getting her deserved justice - and that I actually was wrong about her saving Sansa at the end of the season. I'd have hated watching that, because it would be the lamest story developement ever after Sansa refusing her help twice already. That Brianne didn't rescue Sansa was literally the only saving grace for the show at the end of season 5.

Unfortunately, this is not enough for me.
GoT seems to lose it's appeal in more and more stupid ass-pulls.

Literally, I'm about to quit this series. It's so lame how they come up with new twists and completely disregard all character development just for some quick shock value.

And wtf is with Jon Snow dying in such an obvious trap? It feels totally out-of-character, even for him.
I knew he was about to die there and I see how it's important. But this was like the most-foreshadowed death ever. So couldn't they have at least come up with something that, you know, actually makes sense?!

You know, the creators could have just let him die in Hardhome or in front of the god damn wall. At least that would have been believable.

About the Arya arc, I'm still not sure what to think about it. I loved her stabbing the pervert mofo. But that's about it. I'm not buying into her becoming an edgy assassin. It kinda ruins all the sympathy I have developed for her, simply because I feel that the whole point of her plot was getting revenge for her losses despite being a powerless child. Now it feels like she exchanges her brain for (metaphorical) black-magic muscles.

About Deana...rys...ris? Daeneria ... blond-girl, I hate how her story moves in circles. Like, literally, nothing really happening here for 5 whole seasons.
I hope Tyrion can get something done here. Especially since he and the eunuch are literally the only two persons that have the qualities to actually lead anyone.
Wow, that was a rant. I apologize.

Level 14
About Arya
I actually really like Arya's story. She has been fueled by revenge the whole time, but is still a vulnerable little girl. She needs the hounds help to survive, but he also helped her get a little revenge she was after. When she goes to the faceless men she is supposed to become no one. She is supposed to become not Arya Stark, but she is stilled fueled by her desire for revenge and that shows in her killing Meryn Trant.

She cannot help but be Arya Stark. Now she has lost her sight although I think it will only be temporary. I think this will open up some new things for her. For example I think she will start to see through the eyes of her Dire Wolf Nymeria. I think everything she has gone through is an important stepping stone to teach her what her true desires and purpose is.

This is all speculation, but I think her character development is some of the most interesting (not to mention some of the closest to the books since they seem to take everyone else and put them somewhere they aren't supposed to be...)

Level 19
Spoiler Season 5, Episode 10:
Can you really say that and mean it after the Deus-Ex-Machina army suddenly popping up in season 5?
But yeah, I hope this asshole stays dead. After Stannis killing his own daughter, he lost all the remaining sympathy I still had for him.

In defense of Stannis being of the Stannis the Mannis Hype Train, (S05 Spoilers)
he did what needed to be done for his men and his cause as he had no choice. Go forward and die by the Bolton's armies or go back and die by starvation. He knows what the Red God can do, which is why he sacrificed his daughter, which he did with sadness. You can see it in his face as his daughter was being burned.

Also, they hyped up Stannis to be this great general but he could've at least made the Boltons have a Pyrrhic victory by retreating to the trees or something.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
In defense of Stannis being of the Stannis the Mannis Hype Train, (S05 Spoilers)
he did what needed to be done for his men and his cause as he had no choice.
He had a choice. He could have just disbanded the army after the desertation, allowing them to return to Braavos or whatever they came from. He could have taken his remaining loyal men to join forces with the Nightwatchers.
Also, he could have chosen not to burn Shireen. What exactly was the point in that? The best he could gain by that was the death of Lord Bolton - but even then, his son would have slaughtered his army. It was a pointless sacrifice and he knew it.
This wasn't desperate, it was dumb.

Level 19
He had a choice. He could have just disbanded the army after the desertation, allowing them to return to Braavos or whatever they came from. He could have taken his remaining loyal men to join forces with the Nightwatchers.
Also, he could have chosen not to burn Shireen. What exactly was the point in that? The best he could gain by that was the death of Lord Bolton - but even then, his son would have slaughtered his army. It was a pointless sacrifice and he knew it.
This wasn't desperate, it was dumb.

(S05 Spoilers)
It was perfectly in character for Stannis to burn Shireen. Stannis is a proud man who doesn't simple flee and if he did flee to the Wall the men of the Nights Watch wouldn't help as they are sworn to never interfere with the politics of Westeros and just defend Westeros from everything north of it. Staying put at the Wall wouldn't help as they would just starve to death there with the current winter. The Shadow Baby can only be conceived by Stannis making Melisandre pregnant which can't be done as it requires his life as sacrifice and doing it again would kill him. Stannis' goal of sacrificing Shireen as to make the harsh snow to subside so he could attack Winterfell (which happened) but that plan was foiled by half of his men fleeing with all the horses (presumably joining the Boltons). He actually stood a chance before they all fled and would've won, but half of his army fleeing left him with a skeleton army.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
(S05 Spoilers)
It was perfectly in character for Stannis to burn Shireen. Stannis is a proud man who doesn't simple flee and if he did flee to the Wall the men of the Nights Watch wouldn't help as they are sworn to never interfere with the politics of Westeros and just defend Westeros from everything north of it. Staying put at the Wall wouldn't help as they would just starve to death there with the current winter. The Shadow Baby can only be conceived by Stannis making Melisandre pregnant which can't be done as it requires his life as sacrifice and doing it again would kill him. Stannis' goal of sacrificing Shireen as to make the harsh snow to subside so he could attack Winterfell (which happened) but that plan was foiled by half of his men fleeing with all the horses (presumably joining the Boltons). He actually stood a chance before they all fled and would've won, but half of his army fleeing left him with a skeleton army.
If we consider the few birdseye-army shots before the cut (btw, does anyone else feel it looks completely amateurish how obviously the makers try to keep production cost low? That scene would normally have been a feast for hollywood productions), even without half of his men deserting he would have stand no chance.

Was there no scouting, no intelligence beforehand? It feels completely out-of-place that Stannis had no clue at all about the manpower of the Bolton army.

Level 19
If we consider the few birdseye-army shots before the cut (btw, does anyone else feel it looks completely amateurish how obviously the makers try to keep production cost low? That scene would normally have been a feast for hollywood productions), even without half of his men deserting he would have stand no chance.

Was there no scouting, no intelligence beforehand? It feels completely out-of-place that Stannis had no clue at all about the manpower of the Bolton army.

(S05 Spoilers)
Yeah that part was seriously bad when shitloads of Bolton men suddenly joined assaulted Stannis. Why would they want to attack a small army when they can just wait for them to siege the city and gain a huge defensive advantage? I mean Stannis has a skeleton army at that point with no siege equipment (ladders, rams, catapults, etc.).

However, Stannis' army count could've rivaled that of the Boltons had half of it not have fled. Reference pic I found online (warning large pic):

QSBvfTg.jpg

Had he not lost half of his men, he could have won or at least secure the Boltons a Pyrrhic Victory.

S05 budget seemed relatively lower (I think Hardhome took most of it), considering the Dany dragon riding scene at the Fighting Pits as well as the Stannis at Winterfell scenes looked horribly bad.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
However, Stannis' army count could've rivaled that of the Boltons had half of it not have fled. Reference pic I found online (warning large pic):

QSBvfTg.jpg

Had he not lost half of his men, he could have won or at least secure the Boltons a Pyrrhic Victory.
Nice picture btw... I gotta say it looked much more unbalanced when I first watched it; but that's possibly because the bolton army spread over a much larger area (and most are riders compared to the Stannis army being mostly on foot).

But yeah the siege equipment was the next thing I found completely absurd. How was he going to actually siege winterfell without any siege equipment? The deserters didn't take the siege equipment with them, right? I mean, why would they?

And on top of that: where are all the polearms? I know the deserters took the horses, but I seriously doubt that they took all the polearms aswell. From the birdseye pictures, not even a single soldier carries a polearm to combat an entirely mounted army.

It's like the Stannis army disregarded warfare 101 completely.

Level 19
And on top of that: where are all the polearms? I know the deserters took the horses, but I seriously doubt that they took all the polearms aswell. From the birdseye pictures, not even a single soldier carries a polearm to combat an entirely mounted army.

It's like the Stannis army disregarded warfare 101 completely.

(S05 Spoilers)
Yeah they hyped up Stannis as this god-tier general but how the battle played completely disregarded that characteristic of his.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
(S05 Spoilers)
Yeah they hyped up Stannis as this god-tier general but how the battle played completely disregarded that characteristic of his.
Well... I haven't read the books, obviously, so it might be just "lost in adaption". Maybe a book-bro can shed some light onto this.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Don't forget that at one point prior to the desertion, Ramsay Snow took several men to sabotage Stannis. It's possible they sabotaged the siege equipment as well.
Ah don't remind me of this asspull again... as if 20 men could sneak into an entire army and burn everything unnoticed.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
NO SPOILERS

Hopefully this map is relevant to the topic enough for all of ya. I haven't tried it yet. How lore accurate is it to the series? Not that it matters a whole lot, I'm just being curious.

I haven't played that map, but I have played a similar one in SC2 and it was actually really good. It was like Risk, but added story events too (e.g. say wildlings tried to climb the wall, it would spawn some wildlings at the wall). It was really good to play after watching the shows, but I first played it before and panic-quit sc2 when it started dropping spoilers. >_<

Can somebody show where I can watch this from the very first episode?

And winter is coming.

It looks like you're trying to impart illegal advice, despite knowing that's against the law and the rules. I'm sure this is not what you wanted to do though, and I can suggest that google is your friend.

clippy.jpg

Level 9
Can somebody show where I can watch this from the very first episode?

And winter is coming.
Its illegal, but i used [A WEBSITE I SHALL NOT POINT YOU TOWARDS - Ash]. And damn you lucky you havent watched it yet. You alteast have something to do while others have to wait so many months for season 6. But eh i keep rewatching S4 E9. I just love the battle of castle black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.