• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Apparently, Japanese Government is about to start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation. I haven't confirmed whether this is really true or not. My friend gave me the pic about this news and i couldn't confirm this yet because i haven't got time. What do you say about this? I'd like to hear your opinions.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Anime.jpg
    Anime.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 649
Level 17
the governments gave internet to the people not the other way around the governments were like prometheus giving fire to the blind and now they have turned against the government! the government should just delete the internet and send them back to the stone age!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Why is everyone upset about an understandable act?
They know manga/anime is extremely popular outside of Japan. And they know that anime/manga is probably the most pirated media of all time (I think even bigger than music, now that iTunes is a thing and legal music distribution services grow more and more successful). It's only natural they take act.

However, what makes me wonder is why they expect shutting down 580 websites will actually change anything. You shut down one site, two new pop up. It's a battle you can not win.

Level 22
It's to advertise their new market, "launch a new site to guide the fans to a legitimate site", I think.

Level 22
I'm glad we have internet that cannot be controlled by any kind of organisation.

This is FREEDOM!
Indeed.

Doesn't really bother me spending a few dollars if the series really interests me.
What makes me disagree about spending money is what if the series don't satisfy me? if it's not good enough in my opinion then spending money doesn't worth it of course.

Level 28
What makes me disagree about spending money is what if the series don't satisfy me?

You have all the time remaining in your body to decide if you actually wants to buy it or not. This is something you enjoy and spending money should be worth it.

Its just like when you're buying an album of your favorite band. You don't have any idea if it will be good but you will still buy it because you like it.

Level 22
What makes me disagree about spending money is what if the series don't satisfy me? if it's not good enough in my opinion then spending money doesn't worth it of course.
That's why there are promotional videos, trailers, and previews. The companies who produce these shows spend money to create and distribute them, and the good thing about them is that you can watch them for free lol.

Manga, on the other hand, is usually advertised by magazines and other printed media, so I guess they would use that new site to advertise them outside of Japan.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Also, I think we should go into more detail about what resources exactly are affected by this. Because there is a big legal grey-zone with non-licenced media.

Basicly, the translation and subbing of series that aren't licenced in the western world has always been tolerated (and isn't even illegal in certain countries hosting such websites). Are those hosting unlicenced material affected by this? If not, then the impact of this act is basicly undermined already - unless fansubbers take money for their service (which is rarely the case). Only then is it technically illegal.

Roland

R

Roland

Back to the torrents.

I'm glad that I use Illegal sites for Free anime. Well, Good luck. :wink:

Why is the goverment(s) so retarded? They tried to shut down piratebay? did they succeed? NOPE. This wont succeed either. And even if it does you can still download it from sites like piratebay. Waste of money on such a project.

The government does nothing except thinking of money for themselves and fake promises to be a Fucking politician.

/End

Level 12
Personally I've got crunchyroll acc w/ sub (I think they've got licence) which costs monies but it's for HD and ENG subs w/ reliable releases.

Afaik they don't make any eng subs themselves (they who make the original anime like NHK etc) and it's the guys who pirate it who do freesubs, so why would anybody outside of japan (that doesn't speak japanese) buy 'raw' anime or manga when they wouldn't be able to understand it?

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

They'll never take narutoget from me!!

Level 23
Indeed.

that is the case with everything, and yet you buy things(including goodies from shop, cars, houses even, games etc). You cant know if you are going to be satisfied, unless you check reviews and stuff

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I hate those bloody business idiots who say "X billion lost in revenue". Since they are not losing revenue. 99% of the people who view them on pirate sites would not view them at all if they were forced to pay. As such the revenue loss is more like a couple of million from those very dishonest people who actually would buy them if they were forced to but prefer to steal them to keep the money for themselves.

These are just nonsense bull*** figures business people dream up to make it sound like they are losing a ton of money from it when in fact they are losing not that much at all.

Especially with Anime which are often not available outside Japan. Sure they are losing money from them being pirated but that is only because they are so stupid they cannot be bothered to release it for sale outside Japan so people can only watch it by piracy. If they offered foreign streaming services with good quality service and at least localized UI I am sure the amount of piracy would drop massively!

My view on "internet piracy" is neutral. I do believe it is wrong if people liked something they pirated and refuse to buy it or would buy it if they were not dishonest people. I do not believe it is wrong if the odd person watches/plays something they could not otherwise get or if they use it to try it out to make a better informed decision to buy or not or if they use it as an early access alternative for something they will buy when it becomes available. The big argument is how much value you actually put in something compared with the amount you paid for it. Playing a game or watching a movie for free for 2-3 hours might as well be you visiting a friends house and sitting around his brought versions having fun. Playing a game for several hundred hours or watching a movie many times for free is wrong as clearly you are enjoying it very much, are going out of your usual way to use it and are refusing to part anything to the makers for the amount of effort they spent producing such a quality product.

Level 34
Fuck the government.
Agreed, stupid governments ruining my life.
Anarchy for everyone! Yaayyyyyy

I doubt it'll make much of a difference. They won't be able to do much to American sites, in the same way that American sites can't touch foreign sites that upload American shows. Unless the US give a shit. Which maybe they will, but I don't see why they would if they don't get something in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.