• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

30 seconds of joy for you Futurama fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Vimeo user who goes by the name “seccovan” (also known as Alexey Zakharov) has created an almost photorealistic 30 second movie where we get a panoramic view over New New York.

The movie is so well made that you feel like you are standing with the camera yourself.
It's truly awe-inspiring.

Watch it here:
http://vimeo.com/100785455

Level 34
That is really awesome. <3 Futurama.

Could a movie like this be made? I would worry that they would ruin characters.

That is really awesome. <3 Futurama.

Could a movie like this be made? I would worry that they would ruin characters.

Unfortunately I think this is just fan made with no relation to the creators of Futurama.
I have done some searching around for hints of a Futurama 3D movie but all I can find are links linking to this video.

And I agree. While the setting looks amazing in 3D the nature of the cartoonish characters will be ruined.
Nevertheless. 1,5 hours of just cruising around the Futurama universe in 3D would be more than enough for me :)

Last edited:
Mom looks like a mixture of Meryl Streep and Will Ferrell from Zoolander.

Hah! Now that is all I can see ^^

Aeroblyctos said:
Oh yea Futurama! I love that show. I was skeptical at first but now I think the show is way better than Simpsons or Family Guy.

Futurama beats Simpsons hands down, and Family Guy is not even worth mentioning.
The Futurama universe also gives a lot more freedom than any of the two others, and nothing is really "unrealistic" or misfitting because of that.

This makes me cry that they've cancelled the show D:

Yeah. Fortunately, I haven't watched even close to all of them, so I still have a lot of content. But my friend was depressed the entire day after they announced their final season. He could hardly talk, especially after the season finale was released.

Wait, it was canceled? and all this time I still check from time to time to see when a new season will begin...:(

Yeah. Well I don't think cancelled is the right word, but they reached the last season.

Luckily, for me, I still haven't seen the last season and I still need to watch all the movies as well :p

If memory serves me I think there is a partition somewhere pleading for the continuation of the show. But we know how that will turn out.

Last edited:
Why don't they kickstart it? I am sure enough fans would put some money on it. I mean, I am poor as fuck but I'd still try to pay some.

Lack of interest (unlikely) or lack of funds. Fan funds are too unreliable to start up a show again, and what happens if not enough funds are found? Total hell.

I think the last seasons was hosted by Comedy Central and those are the people who need to be contacted if anything is to happen to Futurama.
It's a nice thought but I also think we need to face the fact that Futurama is a thing of the past... :-/

Level 34
They've cancelled the show twice before (if memory serves). It can rise again!

Or just more movies. I'd be cool with that too.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Futurama is having budget issues. The directors want to make more but there is not a network willing to fund them as it cannot view in prime-time due to its more mature nature. Matt Groening is protesting this outrage by having them commissioned for a cross over. The reality is no one wants it to die, just the networks do not want it to live.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is Comedy Central a Fox affiliate?
If is not that simple. They are a channel that shows programs and they pay for a production company to make the program. The production company holds the licence to actually make the program.

The problem is that they cannot find a channel willing to fund the production of a new season.

This is a notorious problem in the TV industry. Even in the UK it has affected series such as The Goodies, Jonathan Creek and Red Dwarf, all of which wanted to make more series but can/could not find enough/sufficient money to.

The reason they cannot ask forighen broadcast companies for production funding are pretty simple.
1. No non-English broadcast company will fund a English production, they will only fund native language productions as they generally have better local ratings.
2. Government run English language broad cast companies (BBC) cannot fund foreign country productions. They will only fund local productions.
3. A lot of English channels internationally are already controlled by the big American companies, the sort they have already asked for funding. Asking them in another country is the same as asking them in the USA.
4. The program is very contravercial due to it targeting adults only. The result is many English channels cannot show it at all while others have to show it off prime-time. When it is shown a lot of censorship occurs (entire scenes cut). Due to the cost of production non-prime time shows have very poor returns, the main reason why we do not get more seasons. Basically it gets a channel more viewers if they were to commission another series of Coronation Street or River City than Futurama.
5. Most small English channels (UK) do not have the kind of money to produce an entire series that will not influence their viewer ratting much. Dave does it from time to time with programs Red Dwarf but even then the seasons are nowhere near as long as when the BBC funded production.

Basically the show is not popular enough and they would rather spend their money on a new season of A Game of Thrones or The Simpsons or anything that gets infinitely more views than on Futurama.

Welcome to TV!

They have said that crowd funding will not be sufficient. It just will not work (it is either an all or nothing deal, they cannot meet in the middle).

Status
Not open for further replies.