• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Keeper v0.98 BETA released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This patch contains improvements for performance, AI and possession.

Possession now allows the player to directly attack and use abilities while controlling a creature. Use left mouse click to use the basic attack, 1 or 2 for special abilities (when present) and right click to dig with drones.
NOTE: due to re-publishing limitations of the Rock the Cabinet contest, the map released on NA servers has the "attack while using possession" feature disabled. Until the contest is over, a second version of the map has been published with a different name.

To encourage map exploration I added one of the first upcoming changes: boosts.
Boosts are small items, scattered around the map, that can be activated for special bonuses. At these moments there are in game and more will be added in the future:
- Increase level of all your creatures by 1
- Heal all your creatures
- Temporarily increase efficiency for all your creatures
- Temporarily increase happinessfor all your creatures
- Spawn 4 additional drones
- Increase vespene gas
- Increase minerals
- Bonus global research (500 to each research tree)
- Bonus for a single research tree (1000)

Last but not least, voice alerts made by Yushatak were added in game!

Full Changelog:

BALANCE
o First waves starting time slightly increased in normal and easy maps

CHANGES
o Optimized how dig selection works, that should improve performance in multiplayer game
o Drones dig and conquer AI greatly improved
o Drones now run away in fear when encountering enemies
o Creatures won't die anymore from hunger, however happiness of extremely hungry or tired creatures will decrease faster
o Modified creatures drop stun duration depending on creature type, agile creatures will be stunned for less time compared to clumsy ones
o Added boost items in all maps
o Improved alert system with new icons and voice messages
o Possession greatly improved and attacks during possession are now enabled (use left mouse for basic attack, right mouse for digging with drones and 1-2 for special abilities)

BUG FIX
o Fixed a bug that could cause a stop in the tutorial after building a level 2 spore cannon
o Drones won't attack anymore while carrying an unconscious creature
o Fixed defeat screen UI

Last edited:
Level 1
New Bug in Hard Mode

Morning,

I found a pretty big bug on hard mode through single player. The second Nydus Worm on the bottom of the map has greyed out and creates no AI reaction now.

That is a hard map with only 20 units.

Thanks buddy,
Justin

Level 1
Second Nydus

The imps run past it, and the 2x2 surface area is grey. You are stuck with 20 now.

By the way, when are we getting some new maps? I have been playing the same map for going on 2 years. I'd rather have a bunch of layouts than small chotsky effects.

Level 1
Second Nydus

There seems to be a box in front of the nydus on the southern portion of the hard map that gives your creatures new abilities. However, the nydus is still grey, and I can't take it over at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.