[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Hosted Projects > Finished Outlines > Darky's Modding Ventures — Nature's Call > Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen

Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen My first Campaign: Nature's Call - The Spiderqueen

Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User DurotarLord
User

DurotarLord has little to show at this moment (13)DurotarLord has little to show at this moment (13)
Darky um u cant copyright this map bro

I was just noticing at the bottom of the screen here on the internet site theres a message that says:
" Nature's Call: The Spider Queen, Nature's Call 2: Return of the Dragons, by Darky27, are Copyrighted © 2002-2003
Kickass blp converter app and MPQ framework Copyright © by BahamutZERO, bahamut@macstorm.org. Visit his website at www.macstorm.org "

but you cant copyright those maps man! the Blizzard Terms and Use statement clearly states that because they were made for Wacraft III using Warcraft III World Editor they are as such property of Blizzard Entertainment. I do beleive then that your saying that you have the copyrights to the map is copyright infringment (but no i do not know the legal term) which is illegal and can get u fined, maybe even jailed if it was a big enough fraud. I just wanted to point that out but i didnt mean any offense by it man.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Kimbo
Known as "Kimberly"

Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. Concept Art Contest #3 - Winner: Demon with Apple Modeling Contest #5 - Winner: Demon Doodad Set Phoenix Trial #1 - Winner: Beetle Queen's Mirror Texturing Contest #1 - Winner: Dragon Warrior 
omg dude, im pretty sure he used a license.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Eggie Poo Poo
User

Eggie Poo Poo can only hope to improve (-21)Eggie Poo Poo can only hope to improve (-21)Eggie Poo Poo can only hope to improve (-21)
Oooooo snap you have to use a license to copyright any of your maps? (Deletes copyright by Eggie Poo Poo AKA Thunderwolfxx in all of his old maps)
Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Kimbo
Known as "Kimberly"

Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)Kimbo has a reputation beyond repute (2103)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. Concept Art Contest #3 - Winner: Demon with Apple Modeling Contest #5 - Winner: Demon Doodad Set Phoenix Trial #1 - Winner: Beetle Queen's Mirror Texturing Contest #1 - Winner: Dragon Warrior 
dude, this thread was made at the START of the YEAR you dumb shit!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Xlightscreen
User

Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (61)Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (61)
You can't use a license at all to copyright any maps. The only way you could ever copyright this if you bought rights from Blizzard on its game engine and the WE. I mean you can say its copyrighted just to scare of people that wan't to steal the map for there own but in the end in leagal terms it dosen't mean anything.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Apple of Lethality
User

Apple of Lethality is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Note how he doesn't claim the maps to be © him. He only claims the copyright for the concepts.

And you can get fined or jailed for claiming copyrights to a map?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Xlightscreen
User

Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (61)Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (61)
yea but ill tell you now this is a really old forum. but since its the only one that had the latest response then ill go ahead and talk. People don't understand the concept of the copyright laws. The only thing copyright covers is the use of your stuff in commercial uses unless stated otherwise. but if you use the WE then its all blizzards even if you put your own work in it but becuase you do got some your own work blizzard coulden't deal with that but they could easily take your work and you coulden't do crap about it. Its similar to modeling even. all of it is still copyrighted to the company that made modeling the only way you can leagly copyright it is if you buy a commercail license.