[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > StarCraft II > Modifications Development & Presentation

Modifications Development & Presentation Showcase your StarCraft II map or mod to get constructive criticism, new ideas and maybe even people to work with! Whenever possible, recruit your personnel inside the thread or through visitor or private messages!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Grey Nightmare
Beyond Broken

Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)
Warcraft: A New Dawn

Please see our hosted forums for information about this upcoming modification!

Last edited by Grey Nightmare; 05-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User The World Is Flat
Brave

The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)
Short Story Contest #4 - Winner: Breeze Bought the Hive: This user has donated at least $1000 to The Hive. 
Wc4: Sc2

Reserved

Last edited by The World Is Flat; 03-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User real138
User

real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)
hmm I'm interested in joining.
i already have the editor and have been playing around with it. so far made a movement system with WASD, and playing around with dialogs now :D
<----- trigger

Old 04-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brave

The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)The World Is Flat is a splendid one to behold (835)
Short Story Contest #4 - Winner: Breeze Bought the Hive: This user has donated at least $1000 to The Hive. 
Thats GREAT. I'll add you in as... what? o.O triggers/Brainstorm?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User real138
User

real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)real138 is a jewel in the rough (233)
sure those are my forte.
jw what are you gonna be? :)

Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brave

Well, robably do some terraining, GUI, Data editor work, brainstorming, and managing the project.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User real138
User

Ok sounds good. Well for now i gotta go.
give me a UI to design I wanna try what i can whip up tonight :)

Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brave

Great. Added you, And I'll PM a UI Design.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)
Very, very interesting and ambitious... I may well join you, if you'll have me... Let me think about it first :)
Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brave

Well if you want, the brainstorming sectino is open to everyone, however know this, brainstormers get only one vote, unless they are really awesome. people who do mutiple things get 2 votes. managers get 3. admins get 5. that way, people who are invested in the project get more votes. its not a preccise key, but the more you help, the more voting power you get.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

Ok, cool. Do you have any need for other skills/positions? Not saying I'll have any but it would be nice to know what your looking for :P

EDIT: Basically I'm am going to have A LOT of free time... 8 weeks or something cool :) And don't have anything to do as of yet, sept two weeks holiday! xD

Sc2 comes out in June? Perfect.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brave

Well so far, i can think of these: Brainstormer, GUI, Terrain, Galaxy, Data, and manager positions for all of those. maybe a few other if you guys think we could use em'
Old 04-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

Hmm, guess it depends on how big you want this, or how popular it gets.

I'm pretty sure there will be more than one attempt at this, obviously I'm hoping this is 'the one' in which case I can think of several more positions:

Already:

-> Multiple Programmers (triggers/g script)

-> Multiple Terrain/Map Makers

-> Data Editors

-> Managers (probably secondary positions?)

Ideas:

-> 2D graphics Textures/skins (photoshop etc)

-> Models/3D art (No doubt you'll be short on resources, at least to begin with).

-> Beta Testers (at a later date?).

-> Composers (it won't be wc4 with sc music xD).

-> Concept artists (for modeller/terrain reference).

-> Website/Signature maker, e.g. someone with knowledge in action script, html etc...

-> Directors/Designers, kind of similar to managers though in my opinion:

Managers: Who does what, time needs doing in etc...

Directors/Designers: Tell the terrain/triggers etc exactly what they want, "a combat system like this" or "No the music should be more like this..."

Most would see the above as the same I guess... :/

-> Writers - People knowledgable in wc4/3 lore and good English skills, you'll want a couple if you plan on doing a story driven campaign.

And if you REALLY wanted to be fussy, you could divide the above even further, seeing as how complex you can get with the new editor:

UI Design

Battle Director

Sound Mixer/Editor

Cinematic Design

Structure Modelling etc...

What your suggesting is HUGE, so the team will need to be to, I really hope you can pull this off, It would be so awesome o.O
Old 04-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brave

Somthing lik that is the plan. And i'll add all of those positions. The more people join, the better this will be.

SO: what positions do you want, and what accredidations do you have?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Masiah
^What he said^

Masiah is a jewel in the rough (209)Masiah is a jewel in the rough (209)
I knew something like this would end popping up sooner or later. Kewl.

All I can offer is my imagination, my knowledge of Warcraft lore (pre and post wow) and my newly acquired C skills, which will seem to be useful with the new galaxy code.
Closed Thread